“Value for money, very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Gecko's Resort

Gecko's Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We recently had seven nights at Gecko's Resort and could not have been happier. Right from our initial contact with reservation the contact from Gecko's was personal and friendly so by the time we arrived it almost seemed if we had know the managers - Helen and Darren - for years!
Nothing was any trouble, the staff are happy and friendly and are always there with a lovely smile to help with any needs.
The bedrooms were clean, spacious and our beds made even before we returned from breakfast. Meals and drinks suited our budget and the cultural show was fun and entertaining - the resort was laid back and casual. Many thanks again to Helen Darren and staff - fabulous!

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be the same standard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill L

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My boyfriend and I recently travelled to Fiji for our anniversary, and stayed at Gecko's Resort. You could not ask for more friendly and helpful staff! They were just fantastic!
The food was delicious and a really good price! The island dancing show was fantastic also - and free - unlike other resorts!
We ran into a little bit of trouble - having my passport and $$ stolen in Nadi - the managers were so great, letting us use their internet and phone, offering to let us stay if needed. We cannot thank them enough!
The rooms were nice and thoroughly cleaned everyday - nothing super fancy, but nice enough to stay in for a week.
They have a taxi service and spa service which are easily booked and quite cheap!

THANKS GECKOS! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arianna C
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We recently spent several nights at Gecko's resort and found it a very clean and comfortable, simple hotel. The accommodation is spacious, and includes coffee making facilities, which we really enjoy for an early morning cuppa. The cultural show was excellent and very well attended (book your table for dinner those nights, even if you are a guest at the resort).

The food was excellent - particularly recommended is the 'reef and beef' and curries, but it was all good.

As we had rented a small car we were able to explore the local attractions, including the Sigatoka Dunes, Natadola beach, Nadi, Raymond Burr's gardens and the Sigatoka fort - all well worth doing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank copim
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My recent trip to Fiji for a family wedding was made more memorable by my stay at Geckos Resort on the Coral Coast. Set in beautiful gardens with a lily pond, it was the most beautiful setting to chill out from my busy life at home. The managers, Helen and Darren are very welcoming and their staff are just beautiful. They all addressed me by name from the first day. My room was truly a home away from home. The Fijian dance troupe who performed for us at dinner time were spectacular. The cultural tour was fascinating and gave a good background of Fiji's history and was included free. Taxis were available for a very reasonable price to take us into town or to other resorts or tourist attractions. I didn't want to go home and will definitely come back to Geckos again. I will be recommending Geckos to all my friends.
Vinaka to Helen and Darren and all of your lovely staff.
Margaret Pritchard
Forster, NSW, Australia.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Margaret P
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had never been to Fiji before, so wasn't quite sure what to expect..our travel agent ended up booking us into Geckos as we needed to stay on the Coral Coast for a wedding. And we were also on a budget, so didnt want to spend too much money on accomodation.

First impressions...GREAT! And only got better.
The staff are what make this place I think. Super friendly, and always happy to help and make you feel really welcome. They definitely made my stay in Fiji one to remember.

Rooms are decent - nice and tidy, lots of space!

We had dinner at the hotel twice, and both times enjoyed our food. My fave was the chicken and pumpkin pasta!

Special mention to Junior the bartender- top bloke!!

I would definitely stay at Geckos again. Great value for money. Very clean and tidy. Was very sad to leave this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderlust181
Reviewed 19 June 2012

After travelling to Fiji for the past seven years. I recently spent five days at Geckos Absolutely Fabulous the most friendly Staff and hosts Helen & Darren. not only is the food great but it is also great value for money, Gecko's is clean & set in beautiful surrounds I will stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I travel to Fiji once or twice a year on business and Gecko's was recommended by a friend so I thought I would give it a try this time. There was a large group of us attending a Dive conference and I would say 85% of us stayed at Gecko's.

To start with my room was very clean, tidy and modern, It looked as though it had recently been refurbished? The Dining area is well spaced out and in true tropical style sheltered in an outside area to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Food was very nice and excellent value for money which can be an issue in a lot of resorts!

Staff, FANTASTIC.... Seriously, the Fijian ladies who looked after me were great... They took my laundry and went out of there way to have it done for my early checkout and their smiles were simply contagious! The bar man Joe? I wish he was on our side of the bar to have drinks with us! What a good bugger!

Darren and Helen who own Gecko's came and introduced themselves to us, very nice people who take a lot of pride in their business. One thing I noticed was how they interacted with their staff... They treat all their staff with respect and it reflects in the staffs smiles and enthusiasm. Really nice to see!

I would recommend Gecko's to anyone wanting a very pleasant, no stress, holiday in Fiji. Excellent value and a very professionally run Resort.

Thanks Darren, Helen and all the staff at Gecko's! See you next year!

J.C

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jeff228
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Bedarra Beach Inn
#1 of 4 in Korolevu
The Crow's Nest
The Crow's Nest
#1 of 1 in Korotogo

Been to Gecko's Resort? Share your experiences!