“A relaxing bit of Paradise”
Review of Gecko's Resort

Gecko's Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Gecko's was for me the best....
Rooms are large and spacious, grounds are very well kept
Pool is a little small but very clean....

Food was a good price although a little average

Friday and Sunday entertainment was EXCELLENT you will guaranteed a good time here as the friendly staff will look after your every need

Well done

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Good Day to you all at Geeko's

I could not stop talking to my relatives in Fiji about our stay at Gecko's. We both retired and decided to go to Fiji and relax and thoroughly enjoyed our five days at Gecko's. The massages we had were fantastic too. Yes we made the right choice to stay at Gecko's. It was very peaceful and quite, the staff were very friendly and helpful and could not do enough for us. I would like to compliment the chefs at Gecko's, the food was fantastic. We did not miss out on having our breakfast, lunch and dinner at their restaurant. The room is spacious and very clean and the rate for a room was very reasonable. So if you want to relax in peaceful surroundings, and good food I recommend Gecko's Resort. We will no doubt stop over again on our next visit.

Thank you Gecko's for making our stay an enjoyable one.

Regards

Peni and Margaret

Room Tip: Any location is quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Although we stayed at another resort while visiting Fiji, we ate and visited friends at Gecko's nearly every night of our trip. We loved the friendly atmosphere here and awesome entertainment. The food was beautiful and really reasonably priced. Sam and Junior in the bar were great and made the best drinks. *Try a Sam's special cocktail - A MUST!
What a great place and we can now see why all our friends talk so highly of there time in Fiji at Gecko's!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were happy with our 2 night stay at Gecko's Resort, which is a great value, small, low key 'resort' ideal for relaxing, or as a base for day trips. It was everything we had expected, based on reading other reviews. Their personable manager answered all our email enquiries before and after our booking.
The Sunday/Friday night Polynesian Dance and Fire show (included for guests and diners) was a fun way to start our holiday and get into the Fiji mood.
The staff were great, from the front desk/ restaurant and bar staff, spa therapist, right through to the friendly room cleaning ladies and even the grounds staff who always said Bula.
We loved the massage at the on site spa. We enjoyed all our meals which were well priced. We wished we had time to try even more of the menu.
Our room was clean, comfortable, spacious and fantastic value: Queen and single bed, decent bathroom, mini fridge, included bottled water, tea & coffee, air con, fan, tv with dvd, wardrobe, safe, desk with chair and outdoor chairs overlooking the central 'village green'. ( One minor suggestion would be stops to prevent the bed sliding forward when you sit upright - but there are enough chairs to sit in.)
There are a few things to do if you simply want to relax: book a treatment at the onsite spa, laze on a deck chair by the (small) pool, enjoy some time in the guest lounge/restaurant/bar area, borrow a book/dvd from the guest library, check out the cultural centre with traditional Fijian Bures and historical displays in the garden surrounds of the resort. Otherwise: the Scenic Railway to Sigatoka is right outside, you can do day trips, you can visit the much larger neighbouring resort. (We enjoyed a swim in the pretty lagoon beach. )

Room Tip: Overlooking the central 'village green'
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

It felt like home with an amazing big family unit. The place is just beautiful. Here at Gecko's you get the feeling that you belong. You get to know everyone of the staff and most of the guests. The staff especially Anna, Katalina, Imma, Etta., Maraya and Salome and of course Helen made you feel so at home.......nothing was ever impossible for them to do. The housekeeping staff were lovely too and always obliged to whatever we requested....extra towels etc. Well what can I say about that lady in the spa.......just too sweet and efficient. I visited the spa 3 times ...I was so impressed and felt soooo good after all my treatments. Thanks so much Romina. The resident taxi service gets my vote as well. My sincere thanks to Arief and Assaf for your good driving knowing that you had nervous Nellie to transport about. Its a pity I didnt get to meet Darren.......maybe when I come back, I will get to meet him. The dancers were just awesome....I bought myself a Fiji cd and I am going to practice shaking those hips.......so watch out when I come next time.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorna G
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed for 6 days and it was perfect. I cannot say enough nice things about Helen and Darren, IMMA, Anna, Katalina, Ettah, Salome, Junior and the rest of the staff that made my stay perfect. Super friendly with great rooms and grounds. The entertainment was awesome and the small size of the resort made my time intimate and perfect! Would.highly recommend Gecko's to anyone that is going to Fiji. The staff will make your time that little bit more special. VINAKA!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I along with our three kids (15, 12 & 8) stayed at Gecko's for just a couple of nights in July 2013. We did not want to leave and wished we had more time in our vacation schedule to just kick back and relax at Gecko's. We had the interconnecting room which was just perfect for our needs. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfy and the well stocked tea/coffee supplies were much appreciated given we slept in past breakfast hours at the restaurant! The staff at Gecko's are just wonderful and take the time out to chat and get to know each guest. The resort is very lucky to have Helen on board as their manager - she is awesome! The food was tasty and very reasonably priced. We especially enjoyed our time cooling off in the pool which was excellent and well maintained with plenty of comfy lounge chairs available. We checked out the facilities at Shangri-La across the other side of the highway but quickly decided that Gecko's was the place to be as it felt more like home. I would highly recommend the Gecko's to our friends and family travelling to Fiji. We look forward to returning to the Gecko's during our next family trip to Fiji!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Parveen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Bedarra Beach Inn
#1 of 4 in Korolevu
The Crow's Nest
The Crow's Nest
#1 of 1 in Korotogo

Been to Gecko's Resort? Share your experiences!