“Wonderful family holiday”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful family holiday”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have just returned from our 2nd visit to the Outrigger. This time we took another family and we all had such a wonderful time. If you really want to unwind and not have to do anything on your holiday then this is the place to do it. The food has improved since our last visit and the new Sundowner Bar was excellent. I had 3 treatments at the Bebe Spa and they were so good. We live a hectic life in Sydney and my husband and I feel so rejuvinated after our stay. Our children did not want to leave and they miss all the lovely staff at Kids Club, my son cried when he left. Thank you to all the beautiful staff who are so friendly and caring - we hope to see you all again some day soon.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Allison P
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Bula Allison P
Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We loved your review and we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed the friendly service from our team! I was pleased to read that your children enjoyed their time at the Kids Club – As you have indicated, it allows the parents to enjoy time at the spa as well as just having a total chill-out! It is so important that parents also get a holiday from their busy schedules!
I was quite touched when you wrote that your son cried when he had to leave! The children become so attached to our wonderful Fijian staff and quite often I witness this flood of emotions! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the many and varied dining options that we have available at the resort! We have the best food and beverage outlets of any resort in Fiji and we are very proud of the quality of both product and service! It was great to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Sundowner Bar and Grill.
Allison P, once again we thank you for your wonderful comments! We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future!
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
melbourne
Reviewed 18 March 2012

First and foremost i have to say that SALOTE the duty manager was AMAZING!! My luggage was lost on our way to Fiji and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find out where it was - Salote did every thing in her power to help us - to the point that she WENT TO THE AIRPORT HERSELF to collect my luggage as 1. if i left it to the airport to collect it it would take another 24 hours to reach the hotel and 2. she didnt trust it not to be tampered with as it was unlocked. AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE RIGHT THERE!!
I found the resort itself to be abit boring. We are Bali people and this was our first trip to Fiji, and I just found it abit boring. The resort its self is beautiful, but being so far from anywhere, I feel like they need more activities for the guests.
Service at the bar was quite slow.
We had the BEST steak ever at The Sundowner bar - and we had all our breakfasts here too which were awesome.
OH!! and the guy playing his guitar at The Sundowner was AWESOME - when he had a little following of children he even pulled out some nursery rhymes and wiggles songs - too cute!!

It is a lovely resort if you just want to relax. To Peter (the manager) who reads these reviews - please give Salote a hug from Kate and George from 608 - she was AMAZING and was the highlight of my holiday :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool - the walk to the main building is uphill!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kurlykatiek
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear kurlykatiek (Kate and George)
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We are delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us! I have followed your instructions and given Salote a big hug! She is truly a beautiful person whom we love and admire very much! I have noted your comments regarding the lack of activities around the resort! I was a little surprised as we have so many activities both within the resort and also day tours outside the resort! For readers of Trip Advisor, I recommend the Sigatoka River Safari, Whales Tale sailing trip, Jet Ski tour at Pacific Harbor and for the fellas a game of golf at Natadola International Golf Course – (I will join you!) I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Sundowner Bar and Grill! The steaks, which we import from Tasmania, Australia are to die for!
kurlykatiek, Once again we thank you for your warm and friendly comments – We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful part of the world! I just might go and give Salote another hug – She deserves it!
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We revisited the Outrigger in January for 4 days. My family and I love the place. My son (6yr old) calls it "his Fiji". We stayed in the ocean view suite near the beach. The first time we visited (during the 2009 floods) we were in this room, we then requested the room on our return. I emailed the resort and we were extremely pleased to have a return email confirming that the room was ours again.
I had two wonderful treatments at the Bebe Spa, what shear luxury! The view is amazing and the staff are wonderful. My son really enjoys the kids cub and my Teenage daughter certainly enjoyed lazying by the pool.
It is a wonderful resort, fantastic staff and the Ivy Restaurant is a must when you want to get away from the kids!

Room Tip: Ocean View suites near the beach
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Slaterg
Dear slaterg
Greetings from the isle of smiles! We thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent honeymoon at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We love it that you love our place!
We are delighted that we were able to provide you with our preferred room!
We are also pleased that you enjoyed your treatments at the Bebe Spa – The spa is rated as the number one resort spa in Australasia! It was great to read that you and your husband took time out to dine at the Ivi Restaurant! This particular restaurant is rated in the top 3 restaurants in Fiji! slaterg, once again we sincerely thank you for your comments! We look forward to the day when you and your family return our beautiful resort!
Northern NSW
Reviewed 17 March 2012

A very big Bula Vinaka to our Outrigger Family. We have been to Fiji a number of time and we have never been looked after so well. The minute you arrive you are greeted at the gate with the biggest BULA BULA BULA you think wow this should be good. We were not let down.

The Room was 809 on the top floor with the most amazing view. It was very clean, comfy and and had all you need for a relaxing stay.

The kids club was frist class. We have used may throughtout the world and I must say the kids were sad to say goodbye to the wonderful team. Vinaka Girls :-)

The hotel grounds and pool area were great my only complant was the ther other gusts who "hold" the pool lounges and leave for hours at a time. :-( There are signs BUT!!!

Our meals and drinks were fantastic. A different cocktail was on offer every day but the staff new my fav and all I had to say was Yes Please. My hubby Scoot & I would like to say a very heartfelt Thanks to Jerry at the pool bar. His cats every day and gunine intrest of our day was much loved. His consern of me when I was unwell for a day and his consern of the kids was like we had known him for years not days. Vinaka Jerry! :-)

We ate the the Sundowner a fave for us all the pizza was WOW and I had the Snags. Yummy!
Scott and I ate at the Ivi twice and wish we had every night. The food, Presnation and servive was as good a any world class resturant. We were so full from the "extras". If you go you must have the "taste of Fiji" and the Mahi-Mahi. WOW.

My hubby and I went to the Bebe spa. We had the Romantic Discovery- A milk bath on a private balcony, Champs & Choc dip fruit followed by a 1hr massage each- Bliss :-)

We wre lucky enough to be invited to the mangers cocktail Party and had a wonderful night. We meet alot of the mangers who took time to talk and get to know us I would like to say Bula to Jen and Peter. Peter your resort and staff are a credit to you. Jen it was lovley chating to you I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.

We had the Talai service and our Butler was just lovely. so caring and organised a cake for Scotts 40th. Thanks

I hope if anyone reads this you will decied to saty at the outrigger. You won't be sorry. One but of advice I would suggest if your flight is a late arrival or an early depature have a stopover as the drive is about 1-1.5 from Nadi.

Room Tip: If you love a view with your morning coffe ask for a Dlx Ocean View on the top floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MELNSWNORTH
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear MELNSWNORTH,

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon∙Fiji!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent holiday! We are delighted that we could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience!

I am please you managed to take advantage of our “first class” kids club which gave you and Scott a chance to relax and enjoy both the Bebe Spa and our signature restaurant Ivi. Both very special experiences and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both of these. I will ensure to meet with Jerry and pass on your heart felt Vinaka. We are immensely proud of our very passionate team who delivery exceptional holiday experiences time and time again.

MELNSWNORTH, once again we thank you for your kind comments!

Vinaka and Warm Coral Coast Regards,

Jason Zvatora
Resort Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My family and I (two boys 9 and 5) spent 8 days at the Outrigger in February 2012. I got married in the chapel, which was truly amazing, pictures cannot do this place justice! The views are amazing. I had my wedding reception at the Vale Ni Kana on Traditional Feast night, where they gave us a private area, the staff that helped us on the night were exceptional and went above and beyond my expectations. As part of the Feast we did a Kava ceremony and watched the most amazing singers and dancers from the village perform. Your wedding coordinator Moreen is exceptional and was always prompt at answering my emails, and made sure the day ran smoothly!

The food was excellent. The actvities held at the resort are great. I enterd the watermelon competition and won a Sigatoka River cruise, which I would highly recommend doing while in Fiji. The reef walk was great the kids loved walking on the coral and seeing the animals. The snorkelling here is great, some good coral and heaps of fish!

The BeBe spa is a must!

This resort is beautiful and the staff are the friendlest and most helpful I ever experienced, definitley the resorts biggest asset. Rupi at the sundowner is a stand out, as is the lady (I can't remember her name) who sits at the front information desk.

We are already planning our next trip to the Outrigger. Thankyou to all the wonderful staff that made our wedding and honeymoon so beautiful.

Room Tip: If you have small children stay in the lagoon wing as amenities are closer. oOherwise the main buil...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank laurenandtim
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear laurenandtim
A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday! We are delighted that we could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience as well as an amazing wedding!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Vale ni Kane restaurant!
You are absolutely correct when you state that the Bebe Spa is a must! I go at least once a week. The treatments are the best you will find in any spa in Fiji if not Australasia! Thank you for mentioning Rupeni in your commentary – He is a terrific young man who just loves engaging with our guests – He also has a magnificent voice! The other lady you were referring to was Una!
laurenandtim, once again we thank you for your warm and friendly comments! We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My daughter and I went to Fiji for a week at the end of February 2012 through a special deal from Living Social. In my opinion, the Outrigger is a 4 star hotel instead of a 5 star, but it lived up to expectations. I would definitely stay at the Outrigger again. I've never met more friendly employees. Everyone was upbeat and happy and wanted to make sure we had a great time. The grounds are beautiful and lush with lots of tropical plants. It looks like a rainforest. The rooms in the five story buildings are very nice and clean and have an ocian view. Brunch was included in our deal which was nice. The food is average to above average, but somewhat expensive for U.S. visitors. I would compare the quality of the food to cruise ship food. I expected the Outrigger to have less fried food and a lot more local food and grilled seafood, but that was not the case. I loved the fact that we got a glass of champagne and canapes every day around 6:00 p.m. I don't know if that's something the hotel did for all of its guests or just the Living Social guests. There is a local restaurant called Koko's within walking distance which has good food and is less expensive than the Outrigger. The pool area is very nice, but it's a family pool. However, I thought the children in the pool area were well behaved and not too noisy.The beach was not the best I've seen because of the large reef right off the beach, but I understand that the snorkeling and scuba diving is excellent there. I think it would be a nice gesture if the Outrigger loaned long tables and chairs to the local Fijian ladies who sell heir jewelry, purses, and other items on the 5th floor. That way customers wouldn't have to bend so far down to look at the items, which are now on a blanket on the floor. I was reluctant to pick something up because then I knew it wouldn't be easy to put it back in the right place. As a result, I didn't buy anything from the ladies. A simple thing like a table would make it easier for all concerned and would probably increase sales. The hotel won't tell you this, but there is a much more beautiful beach, which guests can use, at the Intercontinental Hotel, which is about a 45 minute ride. All we had to do to use the Intercontinental Hotel spectacular infinity pool was buy drinks and/or a meal. The beach there is public so anyone can use it. The Fijians drive on the opposite side of the street from the U.S. so you might want to take a taxi instead of renting a car.

Room Tip: The 5 story buildings have an ocian view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear cymluv
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We are delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us! We are also pleased that you had the opportunity to experience the warm and friendly service from our team! They love coming to work and engaging with our guests! I have noted your comments regarding tables for the village ladies! We discussed this idea with them but they prefer to sit on the mats, as they would back in the village.
Cymluv, Once again we thank you for your warm and friendly comments – We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful part of the world!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Overall very nice hotel surrounded by distasteful bush

Room Tip: Ask for seaview room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Dear JanniferS
What a great review!
You have truly captured the essence of what we are all about at Outrigger at the Lagoon . Fiji! Lots of fun and activities, yummy food, outstanding accommodation, beautiful gardens and most importantly, the best staff that you will find in any resort in the Australasian Pacific region!
You are 100% correct about our team - they are very, very happy!
As you have found out, the resort is a perfect location for a wedding function! We are delighted that your son chose Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji as their wedding destination!
JanniferS, once again we thank you for your warm and friendly comments! We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort!
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,020 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!