Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$113
Free cancellation until 31/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$333
US$282
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$372/night.

Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Pool
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$144
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
  • Beachfront
3,293 results
All reviewsbebe spaivi restaurantplantation burebutler servicesundowner barmei meitalai butlera deluxe ocean view roomvale nichampagne and canapeskids clubtapaspeter hopgoodmeimei serviceevery afternoonpool aerobicscoral coast
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and i just got home from our wedding and 10 day stay at the Outrigger Fiji..it was amazing, i loved every moment of it! Our wedding was truly beautiful and so well organised by Asmeen the wedding coordinator. I was also organising everything via email and phone calls and her prompt responses every day made it so easy and stress free. On the day,she went the extra mile to make sure it was perfect..the reception set up was stunning and the chapel took my breath away.A big thank you to her and her team..the staff at the reception were amazing, especially Jack Johnson :-) Allan, the photographer and his team were great, as were the videographers and Ranjit the .DJ, thankyou! Our holiday was wonderful due to the friendliness of the staff and the awesome facilities of the resort..a very special thankyou to TOBY our butler who made us smile every day and to Mareta our Mei Mei..our one year old son loved her. The restaurants and bars had great food and entertainment, so much fun! Most of all we loved how child-friendly everything was. I don't think there was ever a time that a staff member didn't greet our child with a high five, a kiss or a cuddle..just beautiful. The staff are what really make this place special for a holiday..our butler Toby, left us a lovely letter congratulating us on our wedding and decorated our room with heart shaped flower petals, Mareta, our Mei Mei also wrote us a lovely note and gave our baby a gorgeous little present..little gestures that made the difference and will keep us coming back :-) Thank you Vinaka Outrigger!! P.S. (Ivi restaurant is amazing)

Room Tip: We stayed in Ocean Deluxe Room. The talai butler service is worth it.
1  Thank Roisinch27
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Roisinch27
Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
I seriously enjoyed reading your review! It sounds like you had an amazing wedding at our beautiful resort. I really do appreciate the time you have taken to compliment the staff that looked after you and your husband on your wedding day. I will make sure that Asmeen, Jack, Allan and the rest of the team receive a copy of your review. I will also make a special mention of Tobi and Mareta at our morning briefing. As you have described, the outstanding care and attention from our staff is second to none! I also thank you for the wonderful comments on our Ivi Restaurant. You can see why Ivi was the winner of the “Best Restaurant in Fiji” at the recent Fiji Tourism Awards.
I truly believe that we have the best restaurants of any resort in the South Pacific. Roisinch27, once again we thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent wedding and holiday. We look forward to the day when you and your husband return for another visit to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Our family of 4 have just returned from this magnificant holiday.
I really wanted my 9 and 11 yo to experience how people live in other countries and The Outrigger on the Lagoons' people and location surely assisted with that.
From the traditional welcome to the worry-free 5.30am departure nothing was ever a problem.
All staff at the Outrigger seemed to enjoy themselves and I must have shared a 'Bula' with at least 100 people on a daily basis, from the serving staff in the restaurants to the groundskeepers, and even the friendly stall ladies.
Our Talai Butler Jo was fantastic and I was only expecting drinks for my wife and I but he made sure we were all looked after. Jo changed shifts while we were there and I saw him at the butler desk one morning and he was so enthusiasic to see us I think he may have pulled a muscle jumping out of the chair, he was so eager to say hello.
I sighted the Managers walking around the resort at various stages often stopping to say hello to people, which was a nice touch. I knew they were Managers because I'd seen their pictures on the Facebook page.
The view from our Deluxe Ocean Room was awesome and we quite often sat out on the balcony enjoying our Butler Service drinks.
Breakfasts were a highlight and it was good having different things on offer each day.
The choice in the shops is great and they appear to be on par with the prices in Sigatoka.
On our last day we went up to the spa, which I must say was quite an experience. I felt like royalty. I had no idea what of the 8 or so applications was what, I can just assume it was good.
It was hard to get into the Fijian experience as the place was full of Aussies so it felt like a Fijian themed resort in Qld. It wasn't until you get out of the resort that the true culture becomes apparent. The village visit with Uncle Jim is a must do which highlights both how the Fijian people live and also the partnership that this village has with the Outrigger. Quite an eye opener.

Now a few of my disappointments:
1. Families of 4 are expected to utilise 2 small double beds. Most other places I've stayed have a queen and 2 singles as their main fallback, not 2 doubles. Lucky the kids aren't bigger or we would have been in trouble,
2. Each day our towels were replaced, regardless of whether we'd hung them up or not, although this is not my concern, these towels were replaced with 3 each day. They'd take 4 and leave 3. Every day we had to ask for extra towels,
3. The prices in the restaurants was quite expensive. I know they're fairly on par with what we pay in Australia, but this is not Australia. I'm not sure if I'm alone but I pushed the budget as far as I could so I could enjoy a bit of luxury without having to then pay excessive food prices. For example bottles of water at the restaurant, 500ml $6 odd....I bought a 1.5L bottle in Sigatoka for $2.80! To some people the cost of food etc may not worry them but I found myself questioning why I was eating at the resort with these high prices and ended up going up the road,
4. Further to food, the kids had armbands that enabled them to eat free. The meals they ordered from Bavari were quite light on size and I ended up having to order extra food (at my expense) so they weren't hungry. Strangely the exact same meal ordered in the Sundowner was fairly good in size. These meals might be ok for a 6 yo but for an 11 yo it was quite disappointing,
5. Hairbraiding. My daughter wanted her hair braided like all the other kids that were there. We had things planned for the first few days so it wasn't until about day 4 that we looked into it. We went to the HairBraiding station and the woman there said she was booked out for the next 4 days, and it only looked like she had about 6 appointments per day. My suggestion would be - there is enough room there, why not get a couple of braiders going at the same time?
5. We were under the impression that the items being sold by the stall holders around the resort were local handicrafts so I was enthusiastic to help them out, but after a while I saw the same things for sale in shops in Sigatoka for the same price. How many of these village ladies have the facility to smelt Silver in their village?
6. Frog/Crab racing. The guy running this event raises the bid when even the slightest movement is made by any of the crowd. While this can be amusing and entertaining I felt for the poor guy next to me whose kid had waved to his mother to come over and had subsequently been lumped with a $50 bet,
7. A public phone would have been good for people who have phone cards to call home. Not everyone is happy using the inroom phone.
One thing I would have liked was for the resort to provide a copy of the activities list prior to checking in as there were a few I would have liked to attend but had already planned things on these days with the tour company.
Don't get me wrong, the disappointments listed above did not taint our overall enjoyment and the pluses far outweighed the minuses.

Overall our Fiji experience is one we'll never forget.
Thank you Outrigger.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade to the Deluxe Ocean or the Bure so you can enjoy the Talai Butler service. Well worth it.
2  Thank RockGod70

Dear RockGod70
Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday at our beautiful resort! We really do appreciate your comments about our staff – we are truly blessed with a magnificent team! I will most definitely pass on your warm wishes to your talai butler, Jo. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the high standard of the buffet breakfast that we serve in the Vale ni Kane restaurant – so much to choose from!
I sincerely apologise for the lack of service that you received from the braiding attendant by the pool. I assure you that this particular person has been taken to task over this issue.
The bedding configuration throughout the resort is either King bed with a sofa bed or two Queen beds. However we do have family suites with a King bed and 2 x Queen Beds as well – obviously they do cost a little more! Please note that we invite the ladies from our local villages to come into the resort and sell their wares at no cost. All monies raised from the sale of these goods is used by the village people to upgrade village facilities. Whilst not all of the crafts and jewellery is made by the village ladies, most of it is. I must sincerely apologise that you did not get an activities planner when you checked in at the resort. This is the normal practice. I will most definitely follow up with our front desk team.
RockGod70, Once again we thank you for your comments – We look forward to the day when you to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Not a fan of resorts generally as I like to explore a destination, not just sit around the pool all day, but the Outrigger was fantastic. Plenty of choice for food, entertainment and there are local shops and dining options within walking dustance of the resort. Additionally, the tour desk in the lobby is excellent for going further afield. We did the Sigtoka river safari and the zipline tour which were both excellent. Additionally, the activities desk on the beach can not only organise snorkeling, kayaking etc but we did a FJ$10 return bus trip to sigatoka through them and had a great half day exploring this small community. Even brought back some mangoes, paw paws and limes for an evening snack. Back to the resort, we had a beachside bure right n the beach with 2 hammocks, deck chairs and the best sunrise views. Our friends had plantation bures which are the same configuration in the middle of the resort. All staff were fantastic if you can stand the constant "Buls's" but get them to teach you some new words and you'll get an even better reaction from them. Only negative was that a couple of my friends did get sick on the last day, probably from eating in town, and the Doctor was completely unco-operative, unavailable and unfriendly. I think the resort could afford a staff Dr or at least a Nurse considering their size and the fact they have a medical centre. Wonderful pool, great restaurants and a fantastic range of activities made this an enjoyable stay for all of us. And seriously, tip the staff, particularly the butlers.

Room Tip: Beachfront bures are fantastic, but the plantation bures are the same size and about FJD$2000 cheaper per week
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen C

bayres42
Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Thank you for your outstanding review! It sounds like you had an awesome holiday experience. As you found out, we are truly blessed with a wonderful team. They are what makes the difference between Outrigger and all of the other resorts in Fiji. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the many and varied dining experiences that we provide at the resort. So many options and such good food! I have noted your comments regarding the Resort Doctor – I will most definitely follow up on this issue! People really do need to be careful when dining outside the resort???? I was pleased to read that you took advantage of the many and varied tours that are available on the Coral Coast. As you found out, the Coral Coast is the adventure and cultural capital of Fiji.
Bayres42, Once again we thank you for your comments - hopefully we will see you and your friends back at our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future?

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed for the first time at the "Outrigger" in March this year. This was our first stay on the Coral Coast as previously we have stayed on the islands.
The resort itself was huge. We didn't purchase a meal package as it seemed to work out alot cheaper for us to buy breakfast lunch and dinner separate. Buffet breakfast set us back $25AUD, lunch by the pool $15AUD and dinner $30AUD. The meals were quite good and they all came quite quickly unlike a lot of resorts in Fiji.
We stayed in an Ocean view room with the Butler service. Canapes and champagne arrived each afternoon which was lovely. They didn't mind if you changed from champagne to a beer or soft drink either which was fantastic.
The downside to this resort is they only have one huge pool so you spend alot of the time getting splashed by children. They are building an adults only pool at the moment which will be fantastic.
The water is quite clear on the beach and is nice for snorkeling straight off the beach when the tide is high.
If you are considering this for a honey moon I would definitely not stay at this resort and would stay on one of the islands. This is a family resort and not I wouldn't recommend it for couples.
The rooms were a nice size and they were serviced everyday and were quite clean. I wouldn't pay for a beachfront bure at all at this resort as when the tide goes out the view isn't worth all the extra money.

Room Tip: Ocean View Bure excellent position close to the pool and restaurants. Great view of the ocean from the balcony.
2  Thank Melissa_Au
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just got back from the best holiday to Fiji ever. Outrigger on the lagoon Fiji is the best resort I have ever stayed at anywhere. The staff are super friendly and welcoming, it's clean, reasonably priced, great for families and also couples. I would absolutely recommend to anyone to stay at the Outrigger on the lagoon Fiji. I give it an 11 out of 10 :)

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Sammydl
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Sammydl
We appreciate the time you have taken to advise readers on your most recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon. Fiji. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable time at our beautiful resort. As you found out, we have a wonderful team of warm and friendly staff at the resort! Sammydl, once again we thank you for your comments and for rating our resort as the”Best place to stay in Fiji”! All of my team looks forward to the day when next, you return to our beautiful resort.