“Wonderful Holiday Everything Perfect”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and 2 boys aged 8 months and 3 spent 10 wonderful nights at he Outrigger in March. We had had quite a few holidays in Fiji and can honestly say this was the best so far. I have never felt this relaxed after a holiday. The rooms were fantastic, very clean and tidy and the butler service was a wonderful addition. The nanny service was great my 8 month old never cried nd had a wonderful time with the girls. The kids club again was fantastic and my 3 year old made lots of friends and he still tals about what he did at kids club. The Taff were maxing especially Ruthie.

We dined at Ivy twice during our stay and these 2 nights were just amazing, I don't think I have ever felt so spoilt during a dinner, the staff were just amazing, and the food was to die for. We dined there for our wedding anniversary and had the staff bring out a cake and sing us a beautiful song which brought a few tears to my eyes. This anniversary will always be special because of the dinner we had at Ivy. We ate at every restaurant during our stay and the food at all was fantastic.

We on most of our time by the pool and the service was fantastic, loved my chats with Moses he is a fantastic host and nothing was ever any trouble. The guys from activities were again great. My husband loved the volleyball. The spa s a must the view is unbelievable and the massage was amazing.

Overall this is a wonderful place to stay and I can't wait to return next March.

Donna

Room Tip: If you have babies in prams go for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,178)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We (family of 4 - 2 x daughters 18 and 15, my wife and I) recently enjoyed 6 nights at the Outrigger on the Lagoon, and from the moment we arrived and received a hearty "bulla" from the boom gate attendant, we were transformed to "Fiji Time" and told by the super friendly staff that our holiday starts now, and so to did they attend to our every need (it seemed like that anyway). The Hotel was very well appointed and the meals and food in the restaurants were amazing (we tried them all). Ivi was an absolute standout. Our butler (Finau) was great, bringing us beer/champagne/juice and canapes every day. We'd watch the torch lighting ceremony with drinks in hand by the pool every night. The reef snorkelling was excellent as well, lots to see. Fantasitic holiday and service was unforgettable. Thanks Outrigger on the Lagoon and all your staff.

3  Thank VulcanBrisbane
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear VulcanBrisbane
Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We are delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your comments in regards to our restaurants and staff! You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted the best resort at the recent Fiji Tourism Awards and our “fine dine “ restaurant, Ivi was also voted the number one restaurant in all of Fiji!
The best part about a holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are our wonderful staff. They truly love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I will most definitely share your comments with Finau, your talai butler.
VulcanBrisbane, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience.
We look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We holidayed with our three young children, which I think we can all agree is not much of a holiday for parents BUT we chose to stay at outrigger on the lagoon and we had a great time. All the kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding you want to do while the tide is high and the gear is all supplied by the resort at no cost, a great pool with excellent pool side service, a kids club and loads of other things to do (print your own sarong, make your own jewellery, kava ceremony etc etc). The rooms were well appointed and tasteful, the staff were friendly but professional. We were very impressed and already talking about a return. I think the most telling thing was when our three year old pointed to a picture of the balcony of our room and asked when we could go 'home'

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Donoco

Dear Donoco
Sunny greetings from Coral Coast!
I am absolutely thrilled that you and your family had such a memorable holiday at our beautiful resort! We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide positive comment. Thank you for your comments about our staff around the resort. They seriously love coming to work and engaging with our guests.
It sounds like your three children fully engaged in all of the activities that we have available at the resort. How much fun is it when you have to catch your own crab for the Kids crab race? Hopefully Mum and Dad also had a little time out as well?
Donoco, once again we sincerely thank you for your comments! We look forward to the day when you and your family return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Loved our honeymoon at the Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji. We had 2 weeks here & absolutely loved it!

Great service, excellent food & fantastic facilities. Beds very comfy - pillows awesome and would you believe that the shower has more pressure than we have at home!!!

You must experience the Bebe Spa - gorgeous gals! And do not leave it to the last night before trying the award winning fine dining at the Ivy... amazing!

Peter - appreciated your time in taking us around the resort & sharing the "back of house" operations. Was awesome thank you.

Also appreciated meeting the other managers & excellent staff. Look out for Rekha at the Adults Only pool (very cool swim up bar!) - she is amazing - along with Jack Johnson!

And Shailesh Naidu is not only a talented chef but a great guy - we enjoyed watching your tennis & having a few drinks with you Shailesh!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmyScottNZ
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Amy
Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
I was absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us! All of the team are missing your bubbly personality and enthusiastic approach to life!
I will most definitely share your comments with the management team at tomorrow’s briefing. You will be pleased to note that Rekha was nominated for employee of the month last week.
AmyScottSpeaker, once again we thank you for your warm and friendly comments. All of the team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Me, my husband and my parents had stayed for 6 days at this beautiful resort. We had a personal butler and the service is excellent. We had also arranged a small wedding vows renewal package on the beach and it all went very well. My parents loved the pool aerobics, yoga, snorkeling and so many other activities happening throughout the day. Being near mainland it was very convenient to step out and try some other restaurants and activities like the Sigatoka River safari etc. There are so many restaurants to try out various dishes and the breakfast spread with hot foods, fresh smoothies, juices is yummylicious!
Bebe spa experience was exotic with its mountain top location and adored the body wrap cocoon treatment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd-5th floors for a stunning ocean view
1  Thank Piu1402

Dear Piu1402
Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji! It sounds like you had an amazing holiday at our beautiful resort!
We really do appreciate the informative comments that you have provided to readers of Trip Advisor.
Thank you for your comments about the customer service. As you found out, our staff love coming to work and engaging with our guests.
I was pleased to read that that you and your family took advantage of the many and varied activities that are available at the resort – seriously so much to do within the resort and local attractions. Congratulations on your wedding vow renewal! I was delighted to read that you also had the opportunity to visit our “world famous” Bebe Spa – how good are the treatments!
Piu1402, once again we thank you for taking the time to provide comment on Trip Advisor. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We have just arrived home after a warm and wonderful week at the Outrigger. We had done a lot of comparing resorts on the mainland before we booked and feel we definitely made the right choice. Where do we start... The arrival was very welcoming and check-in hasslefree. We were given a lot of information on the services of the resort. Our hotel rooms were really nice, the air con worked well. The rooms were always cleaned especially well.

We were on holiday with our 3 children (11, 9 and 2). The massive main pool definitely catered for the large number of guests well. With the beach being tidal there was only limited time in the afternoon for snorkelling and kayaking but it was long enough for us to have a good look and see what lived underneath. The new adults pool that opened while we were there (lucky us!) was fantastic.

We had spa treatments as part of our package and this would be the best spa experience we have had...totally relaxing, very decadent treatments and the view was amazing.

The kids buffet meals were always plentiful and to clockwork. All the restaurants were nice with a variety of cuisines on offer but our favourite place for dinner and adults breakfast was The Sundowner Restaurant.

We booked our 2 year old into the Meimei service for a few days (mainly around meal times so we could relax while dining). All the ladies are lovely, but we have to make special mention of our sons wonderful nanny Tulia. She is such a beautiful person inside and out and took great care of our son, we felt very relaxed knowing he was in such safe hands - Ashton says "Hi" to you Tulia.

And last but definitely not least, we can't say enough about all the lovely management and staff who are such a special part of this resort. They always had a friendly "Bula" for us and are so good with the kids. You can tell that they love their jobs and love making their guests feel at home in their beautiful country.

We will definitely be recommending this resort to friends and family...Vinaka :)

Room Tip: It is a nice stroll from the top hotel rooms but if you don't want to be too far away from the p...
2  Thank rwilliamson1975
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear rwilliamson1975
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your holiday at our beautiful resort. It sounds like you had a wonderful break.
As you have stated in your commentary, our staff are what sets us apart from all of the other resorts, not just in Fiji but also Australasia – We are truly blessed with the warmest and friendliest team you could ever imagine. I will most certainly pass on the comments from Ashton to Tulia – She is truly a beautiful lady that takes such good care of the children.
I also thank you for your comments about our restaurants – you can see why they are rated as the best restaurants in Fiji. My favourite is also the Sundowner Bar and Grill.
Rwilliamson1975, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights at this amazing resort early this month with our two daughters aged 4 and 7. Although it rained our first few days there we had wonderful time and cannot wait to go back again. The resort is ideal for a family with young children. Our children enjoyed both the kids club and the Mei Mei service and loved the activities on offer at the “Art Cart”. When the sun returned the kids enjoyed the pool, snorkelling, horse riding and just walking along the beach.
We ate at all the restaurants. My youngest daughter is a very fussy eater so I actually packed 2 minute noodles just in case. Thankfully they were unnecessary as both my girls enjoyed the food on the children’s buffet and the kids’ menus.
Most nights we ate at the Vale Ni Kana and really enjoyed the theme nights. Our favourite restaurant for lunch was the Bavari. The ceasar salad was terrific! My husband and I dined at the Ivi Restaurant which was amazing. We particularly liked the “surprise” of a seared scallop whilst waiting for our entrée. The Sundowner had a lovely atmosphere for dinner and the view overlooking the water was just beautiful!
The Bebe spa was extremely relaxing and I practically floated down the hill back to the resort after my treatment.
Our talai butler, Lusia was just wonderful, always happy and very helpful! In fact we found all the staff to be extremely friendly, courteous and always willing to help. On our second last day at the resort my youngest daughter decided that she wanted to get her hair braided. A very big thank you to Saraphina (?) who squeezed her into her busy schedule!

2  Thank RuthF71

Dear RuthF71
Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We are delighted that you had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your comments in regards to our restaurants and staff! You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted the best resort at the recent Fiji Tourism Awards and our “fine dine “ restaurant, Ivi was also voted the number one restaurant in all of Fiji!
The best part about a holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are our wonderful staff. They truly love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I will most definitely share your comments with Lusia, your talai butler and Sarafina the lady that braided your daughter’s hair.
RuthF71, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience.
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
16 mi away
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!