“WOW - This place is still awesome”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“WOW - This place is still awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Christine and I have just returned from our seventh trip to the beautiful Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji and all we can say is WOW.

The introduction of the new Adults Only Pool is amazing. You still receive quality service, food, cocktails etc but in a much more relaxed adult environment.

The swim up bar is brilliant and the staff who looked after us during our stay were fantastic. Vinaka to Mere, Waisali, Jack, Suzanna and Tui.

People keep asking me why we keep returning to the Outrigger and I always tell them because the people are great and you are made to feel that you are part of the family.

Once again the BeBe Spa was great from the moment you arrive at the spa until the time you leave. Highly recommend a visit.

Looking forward to making our eighth visit to our family at the Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji.

A BIG BULA to everyone

Room Tip: An Oceanview Room on Level 8 nearest to the adults only pool is the best for couples. Great views an...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick1958
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Rick1958

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
Wow, this would have to be one of the best reviews I have read!
We are absolutely thrilled that we could provide you and Christine with such a memorable holiday experience for your 7th visit!
As you found out we listen to our guests and the new Vahavu “adults only” swimming pool was built due to the feedback that we have received back from our guests.
Like the rest of the resort, the team at Vahavu fully embrace the Fijian culture and provides outstanding service to our guests - I will most certainly share your comments with our Vahavu staff.
Rick1958 – All of my team looks forward to the day when you and Christine return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji for your 8th visit! Please pop in and say hello on your next visit?

Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We recently returned from a week at the resort travelling with my partner, two children (6) and my parents. We stayed in 2 Bures and loved the Talei butler service. They would arrive with afternoon drinks and canapés and always stay for a chat or make suggestions- definite unexpected highlight. The Bures both had a really comfortable huge king beds and the kids slept in a fold out sofa bed. The rooms were beautifully decorated and set in lovely tropical gardens- but you spend most of your time out and about. We had an inclusive package with all meals included- the Sundowner bar has a great menu and the position makes it really special. The pool side bar and restaurant was also a fav and a great option for a lighter lunch choice. The food package means you have so many food choices and more than you could possibly normally consume. We always ate breakfast at the buffet restaurant and went there for their special shows. We all loved the cultural dancing and fire shows- really good fun. My husband and I shared a couples massage experience at the Bebe spa and although expensive it was just amazing- must visit the spa. The staff are what makes a trip to Fiji very special- always smiling, lots of "bulla" and ready for a chat. It was my birthday while I was there and the staff went out of their way to make it really special, chocolate cake, multiple happy birthdays from the bands and staff and happy birthday written on our bed in flower petals- felt amazing. We all left feeling absolutely relaxed and planning our next trip. A very magical trip for all!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Robyn F
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Robyn F

Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful holiday experience!
As you have detailed in your review there is something for everybody at our beautiful resort! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the complimentary champagne provided by your talai butler. I was also pleased to read that you and your husband took the time to enjoy a spa treatment at the Bebe Spa – You can seriously understand why our spa was voted “Best International Spa” at the recent Pevonia Spa awards.
Thank you for your comments on our breakfast buffet and the quality of our restaurants – they all provide wonderful dining experiences!
As you have stated the best thing about a holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji is our staff – They love coming to work and engaging with our guests!
Robyn F, once again we thank you for taking the time to provide comment on Trip Advisor. We all look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 7 nights at the Ourtigger on the Lagoon.

We decided to leave our 4 children at home and enjoy a nice relaxing break with just myself and hubby.

We had read many many reviews and saw how family friendly the resort was, but with the new addition of the Adults only area we decided the Outrigger would be a lovely place to stay.

When we arrived we were greeted by the biggest and most welcoming BBBBUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLAAAAA.

The staff from the minute we arrived to the minute we left were amazing!

We were taken on a short tour of the resort on the way to our room which was spectacular. It was beautiful, pristine and the views from room 112 were amazing.

After unpacking we made our way to the Adults only pool and bar. From the minute we set foot in here we were made to feel like the only ppl that matter. The kindness, warmth and service provided by Rekah, Suzanah, Jack (and 2 other gentlemen who's name escape me) was second to none.

The dining area and the pool and it's surrounds were perfectly kept and looked amazing.

While staying at the resort we visited the Ivi twice. And let me just say WoW!!!!!!!!! If I could remember the names of all the staff I would mention them all one by one. The service and their welcoming was amazing. We were made to feel very much at home.

The food was spectacular and highly recommend every one to treat themselves to a night at this amazing restaurant.

During our time at the Outrigger we observed many families with children of varying ages having a marvellous time also. We have decided that out four children would have an absolutely fantastic time at the Outrigger and have decided to bring them over for Christmas 2014.

Before I finish my review I feel I need to say my husband and I on many occasions spoke while on our holiday about how there was nothing we could fault with the outrigger.

The grounds were kept in the most pristine condition. Not a scrap of rubbish was ever seen and the gardens were perfectly kept.

The food in all the areas was fantastic! But if I have to pick the top 3 it would have to be
1. Ivi
2. The Adults only pool and cafe
3. The Kaliokalio Bar

The beach area was brilliant. There were no waves, and the snorkelling was amazing and definitely something that older children would be able to do and highly recommend for every one to do!

The staff were amazing and we were made to feeling so very welcome!

All in all I recommend the outrigger to couples and to families! At no time did we feel over run by children at all. We were able to have the child free relaxing time we had gone for.

We will be back for sure in 2014 for Christmas with the WHOLE family.

Thank you for an amazing holiday!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Brooke A

Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We are delighted that you had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your comments in regards to the facilities at the resort. There is so much to do, or, should you wish so little!
You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted the best resort at the recent Fiji Tourism Awards. We are blessed with the friendliest staff you will find anywhere in the South Pacific.
Loved your comments about our new “adults only” swimming pool, Vahavu! This facility has brought a real balance to the resort. I also appreciate your comments about our “fine dine” restaurant, Ivi!
Brooke A, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience. We look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Auckland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We did not actually stay at the Outrigger- for which I am grateful! We only called in on our drive from Pacific Harbour back to Nadi, 2 couples in a rental car. We had also called into 2 other resorts on our drives to and from, as it is interesting to look and see where you might stay on a future holiday. We were considering lunch and they had tapas advertised at a particular restaurant as "from $15 pp" from 12-2 pm. This looked like it was a special and reasonably priced. After asking where that restaurant was we got sent to the bottom of the resort, quite a distance, only to find that no-one knew anything about it and the restaurant in question was right at the very top of the resort instead.This was annoying to say the least- we asked about tapas which looked expensive at the other restaurants and other food also looked expensive or not nice.Lots of screaming Aussie kids and their parents around.So OK, we troop back up to the top, to find we have to catch a golf cart up the hill for that restaurant which is up at the spa- great views and the spa looked nice from what we could see. The tapas were available but not at any discounted price and the price was "per plate" not "per person". Our mistake I suppose- but in most English- speaking countries I thought pp meant per person in a restaurant. And why list it on the daily specials if it is not at all? Most annoying- we went off to a small restaurant along the beach ( off-site) and had a way better experience. I suggest you read the "poor " and the "terrible" reviews for this place on Trip Advisor! Our issue was minor in comparison.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnonymousAuckland
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear AnonymousAuckland

Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast!
My team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are all about delivering quality holiday experiences to our guests. It is obvious from your comments, that in your case there were several areas that did not meet with your expectations. We apologise for this occurrence!
I have noted your comments in regards to our restaurants and I have shared these comments with our food and beverage team. You will be pleased to note that the restaurants at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are regarded as the best in Fiji. It is obvious from your comments that we can still do better and we will!
Having said this I am quite perplexed as to why you would expect a discount when you were not even staying at the resort???
I assure you that we do not encourage any “false advertising” at the resort. We provide shared tapas platters at our Vahavu Bistro as well as the kalokalo bar above the Bebe Spa.
The guests that actually stay with us have a wonderful experience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an 8 night stay at the outrigger with my husband and our 19 month old daughter. We also travelled with some friends and we all had a fantastic time staying at the outrigger. The Ivi restaurant was Amazing and was a real highlight of our trip. Doing a Zip Fiji tour is also highly recommended. We used the mei mei service and found this to be a luxury.. Having some adults only dinners and coming home with our daughter in bed asleep was a real treat.

I found the staff so friendly and our ocean deluxe room (716) was perfect. I would definitely return to fiji and the outrigger, my only criticism would be that the food and drink are overpriced but there are other restaurants near by worth trying out. We dined at kokos one night and they have a free transport service.. Definitely worth trying.

Vinaka outrigger, hope to return soon :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank NikkiBusch
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear NikkiBusch

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your holiday at our beautiful resort. As you have stated in your commentary, our staff are what sets us apart from all of the other resorts, not just in Fiji but also Australasia – We are truly blessed with the warmest and friendliest team you could ever imagine. Thank you for your wonderful comments on the Ivi “fine dine” restaurant. You can understand why it was voted as the “Best Restaurant in Fiji” at this year’s tourism awards. I also appreciate your comments on the meimei nanny service. This is what a holiday at Outrigger is all about! Kids having fun with their meimei nannies which allows Mums and Dads timeout to relax and also have a holiday.
NikkiBusch, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.

Vinaka & kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here a year ago and have decided to head back again. This place still allows you to have a great time with the kids but the nanny service allows you to get some quiet time alone also as a couple. Food and drinks are reasonably priced and there is plenty to do. The staff are wonderful and very friendly which makes all the difference. The rooms were decent, our initial ocean view from the deluxe ocean view room was non existent but were soon moved to a room with an ocean view. If you are after a relaxing holiday and have no desire to leave the resort then this is a great spot for the whole family.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Raatzo

Bula and sunny greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
We are delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful holiday experience last year and that you are coming back to visit us again!
You will be seriously blown away by our new “Adults Only” swimming pool. It has a swim up bar and also a wonderful bistro that provides a shared tapas menu.
As you found out on your last visit, it is our staff that makes the difference – unbelievably friendly and engaging! They all look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband & I have just returned from 7nights at this resort. We stayed in a Bure and we were so happy with the ambiance of the room and its location in the resort. We had wonderful butler service which was a real treat. The Bure was clean and airy and had all the appeal of staying in traditional dwelling with a 5star feel. All the staff in the resort were friendly and helpful and it was a real feeling of genuine happiness which must be a reflection of the management of the resort and its treatment of staff. We spent a lot of time in the adult's pool which was great, though we love little people we just wanted to relax without listening to squeals. I would definitely recommend this resort both the couples and families.

Room Tip: The Bure appeared the most private for us
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise F
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Denise F

Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Denise F, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience. We look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,969 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!