Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)
Naviti Resort(Korolevu)
3,270 results
All reviewsbebe spaivi restaurantplantation burebutler servicesundowner barmei meitalai butlera deluxe ocean view roomvale nichampagne and canapeskids clubtapaspeter hopgoodmeimei serviceevery afternoonpool aerobicscoral coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The place is nice ppl are nice but don't eat here it costs way to much go down to the beach turn right go up the beach you will find a road there are a few places there to eat better food as well as its cheaper

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Michael0510
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Michael0510

Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast!

My team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are all about providing quality holiday experiences to our guests. It is obvious from your comments, that in your case, we did not deliver on this expectation - We sincerely apologise for this occurrence!
Our food and beverage prices at the resort are very reasonable indeed! Having managed a large number of resorts in Australia I can confidently state that our prices in Fiji are approximately 40% less than equivalent resorts in Australia.
Fiji AUS
Buffet Breakfast AUD$24 AUD$46
Buffet Dinner AUD$36 AUD$70
Pot of Beer AUD$4 AUD$8

We thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

A great resort for families. There is a children's club, and a nannie service for children, so couples can spend time together. The pool is where the children spend all day, every day ! Cultural shows (additional charge) are arranged each night, so one can get an experience of Fijian life. The resort is located on the beach, and there is a reef where snorkeling enables a view of several types of fish, though quantiries are not great. Water sport equipment is included, and there are 2 tennis courts. Can spend a week and be kept entertained.

Room Tip: Separate rooms are available near the beach, and rooms with views of the ocean. However, all rooms are very comfortable, and premium rooms may not be worth the extra payment.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Honesty49

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!

We are absolutely thrilled that we could provide you and your family with such a memorable holiday experience at our beautiful resort.
As you found out the best thing about a holiday at our beautiful resort is that there is so much to do! From snorkeling, sea kayaks, tennis, golf driving range, pool volleyball the list just goes on and on!
Honesty49 – All of my team looks forward to welcoming you and your family back to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji, at sometime in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently stayed at Outrigger on the Lagoon with our 18 month old twins. All I have to say is - AMAZING! My husband and I both travel for work and I in particular have very high standards when it is us picking up the bill - I was not dissapointed in our choice at the Outrigger!

Accommodation
We stayed in a Plantation Bure (424) and found it very private with a lovely large grassed area out the front which allowed our girls to run around. With that said I did notice some that have quite a steep frontage that would not be ideal if you had young kids. The bure was a great size and we were able to nestle the 2 cots between the bed and bathroom wall so they were out of the way and away from the TV when the girls slept. The door on the cupboard that the fridge was in was off it's hinges when we arrived. We kept forgetting to mention it to our butler and were very impressed when one day a handy man arrived and fixed it!
We also had friends join us for a few days and they stayed in a hotel room (not sure what style it is called but is was room 108) It was a great size with a view out to the beach and a very short walk to the main pool, bar & restaurants. I would definitely be happy with a similar room but have been spoiled with a bure now I won't go back.

Talai Service
Loved having a drink and canapes delivered each afternoon. It is nice to have a chat with a local and thoroughly enjoyed the 'homework' we were given (new Fijian words to learn) each day.

Mei Mei - Nanny Service
We took the Lomani package - 8 hours a day for 4 consecutive days. It worked perfectly for us as we arrived PM 23 December and had the girls with us for Christmas then they went with the Nanny's from Boxing Day. The first 2 days the girl were with the Nanny's 0900-1700 then we split the last two days to morning & evening 1000-1400 and again 1800-2200. Ala & Kele were amazing with the girls. I'm not sure who loved the other more! One morning my husband went for a morning dive so the Nanny's were able to help me at breakfast before taking the girls for me the enjoy the spa!

Bebe Spa
I had the Bobo massage which was great. A couple of things I found frustrating with the spa - I'm an impatient person so found the waiting around for my treatment annoying - I know it is supposed to be a relaxing experience and I should take in the view etc but for me waiting is not relaxing (personal opinion). They also forgot to do they eye treatment that they had upsold me to. As it was upsold to me I wasn't sure exactly what it was called so didn't right it on the form (so quite possibly my fault they forgot) but it was on my bill that I signed before completing the form so figured it wasn't a big deal not writing it down. When I mentioned it the lady checked then placed some cream on my eyes, left it there for 5 minutes and took it off again ... not at all worth the additional $50 (FJD i think). The view from the spa is breath taking. There is also a bar above the spa which I strongly recommend to visit - great cocktails & Tapas!

Christmas
Loved all the little touches like a hand soap in the shape of a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve and the candy canes and little Christmas presents left on our bed. Carol singers visited all of the restaurants on Christmas Eve (and Christmas night). There were also carols by candlelight on Christmas Eve. Christmas night we ate at Sundowner and were not dissapointed. Although extremely hot (something that is standard in Sundowner due to pizza oven) it was a great atmosphere and the staff were outstanding. Just as we thought we would have to leave as the girls were getting restless, our waiter Moses (AMAZING) asked if they could get the girls out of their high chairs and took off with them to sing to other people. The girls had a BALL! As did Mum & Dad who could actually enjoy a relaxing drink!

Pools
Both pools are great, although the main pool is in need or resurfacing. The adult pool is beautiful. Love the swim up bar and strongly recommend the house cocktail (not on the menu) 'Drag Me Baby'. The perfect place for couples and parents that are using the Meimei service! The main pool is large enough that even on a busy day we had our own space.

Staff
So many people told me that the 'Fijian's will love the girls'. I completely under estimated just how much! Even our Nannies commented that everyone knew the twins because staff would always stop them to talk to them. Even on the nights when my husband and I were eating without them the staff would ask 'where is Z & T?'. Staff would always stop us and give the girls a Bula!, a high five or a kiss when they were walking past.

Weather
HOT - a couple of short showers which was pleasant in the heat. One afternoon we had thunder, lightening and rain for a couple of hours but it didn't effect anything we were doing.

Other
We took a couple of walks outside the resort and ate at a great cafe Koko's about 10-15 min walk right (looking out to sea) along the beach and up along the road. It was really nice and we would recommend it. Other than that we ate at and drank at the resort (other than some duty free) and found the bill at the end quite reasonable ... I was expecting more!
We also took the local bus into Sigatoka for a look around. It is FJD$1 and picks up straight out the front of the resort. It was great to experience a little of the 'real Fiji'.

I think Outrigger really caters for all. If you are travelling as a family it is very family friendly. If you are travelling as a couple you can easily spend the whole day in the Adults pool area where you can also have a (great) meal.

I understand that we all have difference expectations, but the Outrigger Fiji certainly ticked all of our boxes and we are planning to return for Christmas year after next.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend a bure especially when travelling with kids - lot's of space!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank 04MelM04

Dear 04MelM04

Sunny greetings from Coral Coast!

I am absolutely thrilled that you and the family had such a wonderful holiday experience on your return visit to our beautiful resort! Thank you for your comments about our staff around the resort. As you found out, they seriously love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I also thank you for your comments regarding our new “Adults Only” swimming pool, Vahavu! The new pool has brought a real balance to the resort! Kids can go crazy at the main resort pool whilst adults can chill out at Vahavu! As you found out the Fijian love of children is genuine! I am sure the twins would have had a horde of Fijian staff trying to give them a cuddle!
04MelM04, once again we sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We look forward to the day when you and the twins return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Outrigger over the New Year and we could not have asked for anything better. Right from the time we drove in the gate greeted with an enthusiastic "Bula" until we checked out we treated with genuine respect & kindness. The staff at the Outrigger and the paradise like setting made this one of the most memorable holidays that we have had. The resort is simply beautiful, the food is great & there's plenty to choose from, the cocktails are fantastic!
We will definitely be back, next time with our kids as this resort has plenty to offer for children as well as couples / groups.

Room Tip: Choose a beach front hotel room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casso7328

Dear Casso7328

Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.

We are delighted that you and your partner had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your comments in regards to the facilities at the resort. There is so much to do, or, should you wish so little!
You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted the best resort at the recent Fiji Tourism Awards. We are blessed with the friendliest staff you will find anywhere in the South Pacific.
How good was New Years Eve? One of the best ever!
Casso7328, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you and your partner with such a memorable holiday experience. We look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We once again choose to stay at the Outrigger on the lagoon for our Fiji holiday and it didn't disappoint us. The staff are amazing and remembered us from our first stay over a year before, nothing is too much trouble. We started our holiday staying in a superior resort room which was lovely & clean. And as a treat to ourselves we decided to upgrade to a Plantation Bure for the last 5 days of our stay only to be upgraded to Ocean view Bure. these rooms are stunning & the Tali service was exceptional as usual.

I took up the free pool dive lesson with Joe & liked it so much I paid for 2 ocean reef dives, truly worth it. The Bebe spa should not be missed, my wife went back twice for a treatment.

Our daughter lost her favourite teddy (got hooked up with the bed sheets & was taken with the laundry) they searched all the washing & found it for her. My 5 year old had a fascination with the buggies & was taken on a personal tour on one around the resort.

Through the dive shop & Joe we were invited to the Managers cocktail party at the Kalokalo Bar, truly spoilt & met all the resort managers. Don't miss high tea at this bar the views are awesome. We also tried the Ivy restaurant & had the most amazing dinner together. The food is excellent in all the restaurants, we choose to only have the Buffet breakfast & paid for the rest of our meals as this gave us freedom to choose when to eat.

The kids enjoyed the kids club everyday & loved swimming in the pool. The new adults only pool was a lovely addition from last time.

there is always to much to mention that gets packed in to our stay, The Outrigger is our first choice to stay & are looking to book again this year in August.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank atmattie
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear atmattie

Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!

It sounds like you had an outstanding holiday experience for your return visit to our beautiful resort!
As you have stated the best thing about a holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji is our wonderful staff – They love coming to work and engaging with our guests! I will most definitely share your comments with our team! How good are their memories? I am always amazed that they remember guest’s names even from 4 to 5 years after their previous visit. Great to see that you enjoyed your scuba diving experience – You will have to get your ticket on your next visit!
I also thank you for your comments on the new “adults only” swimming pool, Vahavu – as you have stated a nice balance to the resort!
atmattie, thank you for taking the time to provide comment on trip advisor. We all look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.