“Great Venue for a wedding”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for a week for my sons wedding.
Lovely resort, the food on most dinning occasions we enjoyed.
although one banquet we attended with about 8 of us, we all complained to one another
that the food was not that nice and very expensive.This was the same room that serves the breakfast which is delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jenn735
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear jenn735

Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We are absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your holiday and your son’s wedding at our beautiful resort!
As you found out, we are blessed with the friendliest staff that you will find anywhere in the world. Outrigger is renowned as the Number “weddings resort” in Fiji.
I have noted your comments regarding an unsatisfactory dining experience that you had at our Buffet restaurant Vale ni Kane. Can you please send me some more information at email address gm@outriggerfiji.com.fj and I will follow up on this issue. I need to know what evening or what themed buffet you dined in the restaurant. We pride ourselves on the quality of our restaurants at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji and it was disappointing that your experience was not up to expectations.
Jenn735, All of my team looks forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future!

Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Write a ReviewReviews (3,212)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

A late review however I am about to return for our honeymoon and thought I'd give the resort the big thumbs up!
I stayed at the Outrigger in 2013 and can't speak highly enough of the resort, the facilities, the food and most importantly the staff. It was my third trip to Fiji and first at the Outrigger, previously staying at their sister resort. On arrival, the staff were lovely and asked if it was our first time to Fiji. After I told them it was my fiance's first time, they hustled and bustled suspiciously (in a good way!) before placing our luggage on a trolley and graciously upgrading us to the most beautiful beachfront villa which started off what was to be an amazing holiday. The resort facilities are great, with lots of little activities available for the young and the young at heart. The food and restaurants - wow wow wow. And the staff - I can't fault them! Fun, friendly, and just beautiful. Although there was lots of families, there was plenty of space at the resort that it didn't feel overrun by kids so unless you're really looking for an adult-only type of holiday, there's no issues with couples staying at the Outrigger.
Overall a clean resort with good facilities that is worth going back to. Thanks to all who made our holiday so special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca1389

Dear Rebecca1389

Bula and Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
I was delighted to read that my staff took such good care of you when you visited the resort in October 2013!
I was delighted to read that you are coming back for another visit.
As you found out and have commented about, the best thing about an Outrigger holiday is the warm and friendly staff.
Rebecca1389, All of my team look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort later in the year!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a family holiday at the Outrigger with my Mother and two teenage boys! Although I was initially worried that we would 'all' find something to do that would suit all of us I shouldn't have been. Everything was amazing, from the people and surroundings to the village and cave tours! We had a day trip sailing to an island and other days just laying by the pool. The staff here are exceptional, I have made a beautiful friend in Buffy who made our arrival and booking in easy. She was always there with 'Bula' when we walked past and nothing was too much trouble for her. My mother enjoyed her 75 birthday there and gorgeous Semi arranged for the butlers to sing her happy birthday and deliver a cake to our room not to mention decorate the room too. We also loved laying by the pool chatting with the lovely Sicilia who bought us food and drinks all day. I am so happy to have stayed at the Outrigger and would recommend it to anyone! Bula and Vinaka

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank RobynBates
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear RobynBates

Sunny greetings from Coral Coast!
I am absolutely thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort to celebrate your mother’s 75th birthday!
It is easy to understand why Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted as the “Number One Family Resort” in all of Australia and the South Pacific at the recent Trip Advisor “Traveler’s Choice” awards. As you found out we are blessed with the friendliest staff you will find anywhere in the world – I will most definitely share your comments with Buffy and Semi – They were the recipients of our “Bula Star” awards this month which acknowledged their outstanding service. I will also pass you comments onto Sisilia.
RobynBates, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were fortunate enough to attend a Wedding at the Outrigger and stayed 11 nights in a Deluxe Ocean View Room (Room 309). I was very pleased with our room over looking the canal and part ocean and it was very close to the pool and beach so a perfect location really. Never heard noise from other rooms either except an occasional door slamming.
The staff are extremely friendly and I could not fault any we came into contact with actually that goes for all Fijians in general..
We paid for Breakfast to be included and not lunch or dinner. I did not get my moneys worth but there was a fair selection available, it can get very crowded and as a family resort there is heaps of children running around unattended and some even helping themselves to the buffet (totally the parents responsibility). I really enjoyed the lunch menu at the pool and ate their several times and enjoyed every meal as with the 2 dinners we ate their.
We had the buffet for dinner only twice, one was the USA menu, not bad but not 5 star, and the Mexican night which I really enjoyed but think they could of had a make your own taco or nacho stand but good anyway.
The outrigger is 5 star but I didn't think the food came under that category as the menu's lacked variety.
Alcohol is fairly expensive but totally expected for Fiji and a 5 star Resort.
The Resort Grounds are stunning and the adults only pool area with a swim up pool bar was great although the water was so cold I got brain freeze diving in, good menu for food their too.
We ate at the Sundowner overlooking the beach and had a beautiful steak but menu lacked variety again, service was fantastic and views stunning.
We attended the Wedding up in the chapel and had a few drinks up in the bar before it, wow, amazing views and friendly staff and oysters were great.
The Chapel is absolutely amazing and happy they moved it here from the beach as the west coast gets quiet windy and it was blowing in the afternoon.
Overall I found the Outrigger to be lovely but expect to pay 5 star prices and remember it is a Family Resort so lots of kids.
Also the Outrigger did have lots of activities to attend everyday.
We did eat out at a few places for dinner outside the resort like Koko's for a fantastic pizza and Beddara Inn for a great meal, Le Cafe was closed both times we went to go so we missed out and I got a pizza from Sinibads which was quiet possibly the worst pizza I have ever eaten..
Taxis out the back of the beach left are quiet cheap and very reliable.
Staff are awesome and overall we had a very enjoyable holiday!

Room Tip: Excellent choice for familys!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank binbali

Dear binbali

Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday at our beautiful resort. As you found out our staff make all of the difference! How good are the activities that we provide for our guests and most of them are free! You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted as the “Number One” family resort in the Australia/ South Pacific region as adjudged by respondents to Trip Advisor. I am somewhat surprised by your comments regarding our breakfast buffet – There is seriously so much to choose from including a smoothie station, a fresh juice station, omelets station plus you have everything else you would expect of a quality breakfast buffet – My favorite is the fresh fruit station wherein you can choose from juicy pineapples, papaya, bananas and watermelon.
binbali, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience. We all look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This review is long overdue. Our stay was perfect. We loved everything about the Outrigger on the Lagoon as did our small children, who have wanted to go back ever since.

The quality of the food was far above our expectations. We were not particularly impressed with the gourmet restaurant though. It seemed fairly standard to us. The other restaurants were very good though and I remember the steaks were quite impressive as was the buffet breakfast.

The kids club was perfect and I would like to thank the staff there for taking such great care of our children when we needed a break. Our 7 year old loved it, our two year old did not (not because of anything they did), but an hour a day they took care of him while we had a meal on our own and had a little bit of a break.

We would give the Outrigger our highest rating and hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Webbst

Webbst
Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Thank you for your review! It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful holiday at our beautiful resort.
I was delighted to read that our staff took such good care of you. As you found out they are very engaging and love coming to work!
Your review seriously qualified what a holiday at Outrigger is all about! Fun times for the kids at the Kids Club and the meimei nanny centre which allows Mum’s and Dad’s some quality rest time for a much needed relaxing holiday.
It is easy to understand why Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted as the number family resort in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific at this year’s Trip Advisor awards!
Webbst, Once again we thank you for your comments - hopefully we will see you back at our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future?

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I returned last night after a week at this resort. It was a perfect place to unwind and we loved the adults only pool, Vahavu. They do great food and drinks, but best of all the staff there were particularly welcoming. A big shout out to our waiter Epineri who was always attentive, courteous and willing to tell us a little bit about life in Fiji. Thank you Epi. You added a richness to our experience and thanks too to all the staff who made our stay so memorable including our butler Jo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sidVictoria

Bula and sunny greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji! We are delighted that you and your husband had such an enjoyable holiday experience at our beautiful resort.
As you found out, it is our staff that makes the difference – unbelievably friendly and engaging! I will most definitely share your comments with Epineri and Jo!
sidVictoria, Once again we thank you for your comments - All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.
Regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Have just returned from 10 day holiday, travelled with my husband and our children aged 18 and 21. The resort is beautiful and staff at all levels very friendly. We stayed in adjoining Deluxe Ocean view apartments, which were comfortable and clean. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary while there and were treated to a couple of extra treats such as being serenaded with a traditional anniversary song and flowers arranged in a congratulations message on our bed in the evening. There are lots of different choices for food, we have a very fussy teenage eater and even she found some thing to eat. We spent a fair bit of our time at Vahavu pool and bar. (adults only). I have to make special mention of the staff here, Mary, Waisele, Epi, Susana, Vani, Amena and Jack, We had such a good time with these guys, they made our time extra special and personal. We found the resort to be an easy place to be, I would definitely recommend it to first time Fiji visitors, using it for a base for some day trips, we really looked forward to retuning each time we left and the cry of BULA, BULA, BULA from the frontgate a real welcoming experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear jakanaa

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
We are absolutely thrilled that we could provide you with such a memorable holiday. As you found out the best thing about a holiday at our beautiful resort is our amazing staff - I will most definitely share your comments with the team at Vahavu. As you found out the staff also enjoy a celebration – Once again congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary. I also thank you for your comments on our restaurants – As you found out we are blessed with the best restaurants in all of Fiji.
jakanaa – Once again we thank you for your comments - We all look forward to welcoming you back to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji, at some time in the not too distant future!

Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
16 mi away
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!