“Had a ball”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Really enjoyed our recent stay at Outrigger on the lagoon.
The Meimei nanny service was a stand out for us which gave us some time to relax while our daughter had fun - she really enjoyed all the activities in it from dances and discos to beach walks and making tiaras.
We only made it to the IVI restaurant one night, it was really spectacular, couldn't recommend it enough. Most of the other nights we ate at Baravi and Sundowner which were great.
Also really liked the adults only pool, but never seemed to find much time to head over there.
Would definitely recommend outrigger to anyone, but I think families with young children will really appreciate the facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Denis3051

What an outstanding review!
How good is the Meimei nanny service? We currently have 40 professional nannies that take such good care of the children. This allows Mums and Dads to have some quality time together.
I also thank you thank you for your comments on our restaurants! We rate our restaurants as the best of any resort in Fiji! In particular, our fine dine restaurant, Ivi is quite simply the number one dining experience in the South Pacific.
Denis3051, Once again we thank you for your comments. We all look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a beautiful location! Stayed for four nights in a beachfront bure - wonderful experience with great views. Champagne and canapes every night? What's not to love?? Service was top notch, staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Loved the adult only pool and snorkeling right off the beach. The central pool is full of children - seemed like every child in the world was congregating in the pool.

Food was okay, nothing to write home about. Presented well, but fairly average.

The spa is one of the best I've ever been too. They offer tons of services and the view is spectacular. Definitely worth the splurge!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Bean_Burrito

Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We are absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your holiday at our beautiful resort!
As you found out, we are blessed with the friendliest staff that you will find anywhere in the world. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the peace and quiet of our “Adults Only” swimming pool, Vahavu.
How good is the snorkeling off our front beach – so much to see!
Bean_Burrito, once again we thank you for your comments - all of my team looks forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place is awesome - this is our 3rd visit and cannot say enough about the Resort - it is 5 star - and the staff from top down cannot do enough for you - treat you like royalty - Would our family go back again you betcha. If you are going to Fiji recommend My Holiday Center (My Fiji) they are excellent and also provide very good packages.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool have direct access to pool and restaurants. There are at least 2 interconnecting...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear almightyal44

A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
We are absolutely thrilled that we could provide you with such a memorable holiday, particularly since it was your third visit! As you found out the best thing about a holiday at our beautiful resort is our amazing staff - I will most definitely share your comments with our team.
Almightyal44 – Once again we thank you for your comments - We all look forward to welcoming you back to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji, at some time in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I returned to the Outrigger for my second stay in March this year. My husband and I stayed for 12 nights with our 2 boys aged 5 and 2 and as with our first stay 12 months previously everything was once again perfect.

The adults pool is a wonderful addition which my husband and I enjoyed most afternoons whilst the children were at kids club. We regularly used the Meimei service for our 2 year old which is very reasonably priced and the care our son received was amazing.

We had all our meals at the resort and the food and service we received was great. My husband and I dined at Ivy twice and this is a must. The food was amazing and the attention that was given to us by the staff left us feeling very special.

The staff at this resort are wonderful, very friendly and cannot do enough for you. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like royalty.

The service we received by the pool from Buffy and Anna was excellent, we were never left wanting for anything.

It is great to see management walking around taking the time to talk to the guests and chatting with the staff. I have stayed at a few different resorts in Fiji and have never seen this level of interaction from management. Thanks to Lindsey and Russell for the poolside chats it is wonderful that you can take the time to talk.

I cannot fault this resort in any way from beautiful and caring management and staff, the grat food and spectacular sunsets this resort has it all. Upon leaving I feel like I am leaving part of my family behind.

I cannot wait to return again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna1910
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Donna1910

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at our beautiful resort. I am absolutely thrilled that we could provide you with such a memorable experience, particularly seeing that it was your second visit! As you have stated in your commentary, our staff are what sets us apart from all of the other resorts, not just in Fiji but also Australasia – We are truly blessed with the warmest and friendliest team you could ever imagine. I will most definitely share your comments with the team at the Ivi Restaurant and also Buffy and Anna from around the swimming pool.
How good is the new “Adults Only” swimming pool, Vahavu? This new addition to the resort has made an enormous difference for our guests – The main pool is still lots of fun with the kids going crazy, whilst Vahavu is totally chilled out and relaxing.
I was pleased to read that you caught up with Lindsey and Russell. Out of 650 staff that we employ at the resort, we only employ 3 expats including myself.
Donna1910, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji for your third visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was the absolute worst place we have ever stayed. The staff did not want to be there and I only found 3 who I thought were Fiji friendly. We travel to Fiji every year and thought that we would have a change from the usual 2 resorts we stay at. Fijians are naturally friendly happy people except at this The Outrigger. Also they kept trying to charge us $6 for a bottle of water from the bar fridge which was still in the damn fridge. They also charged our room for 2 adult breakfasts that we did not have. This place was a shambles from the beginning when we had to wait an hour and a half for our room to be cleaned. Kids club was also a real chore for the workers here.this is NOT a kid friendly resort.Do not stay here. There are so many much better places than this with the friendliest of staff where nothing is to much trouble.

Room Tip: My tip is to stay at a different resort than this one. Even the kids club was pitiful
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Dallas N H
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Dallas N H

Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
Whilst we embrace all comments that we receive from readers of Trip Advisor, unfortunately we cannot sit back and accept comments that are outright false!
Our “Kids Club is rated as one of the best in Fiji and we have a wonderful team of dedicated attendants that look after the children. You will note from comments from other reviewers to Trip Advisor that the best thing about a holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji is our outstanding staff. We have the warmest friendliest staff of any resort in Fiji, if not the South Pacific. This was noted at the recent Trip Advisor Awards wherein Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted as the number Family Resort not just in the South Pacific but also Australia and New Zealand – The resort was voted as the 14th best family resort in the world!
It is obvious that families do love us!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stay here for 4 days, the pool is amazing, its huge! Food was great, try the pizza's..
Great place for kids, have a great kids club. The spa on top of the hill was bliss! Its a must!
Amazing sunsets!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Nominz

Sunny greetings from Coral Coast!
I am absolutely thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort!
It is easy to understand why Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted as the “Number One Family Resort” in all of Australia and the South Pacific at the recent Trip Advisor “Traveler’s Choice” awards. As you found out we are blessed with the friendliest staff you will find anywhere in the world.
I also appreciated your glowing comments on our restaurants.
Nominz, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We a couple in our late 50's have just got back from 8 nights at this wonderful resort. We couldn't have had a better experience for our first visit to Fiji. The Fijian people are so beautiful and it's the staff which are the standout at the resort. We stayed in an Ocean View Deluxe room which was clean and comfortable, the grounds are immaculate, the choice of restaurants great - I have commented on my 2 favourites separately - the adults only pool is heaven although we did use the family pool at times and it was nice to sit back and watch the children having a great time. The Bebe Spa was very relaxing. Great mix of age groups and people all relaxed and friendly. Would like to especially mention Moses from the Sundowner Bar and Grill - such a lovely gentle waiter who was always so welcoming. The trio who sang in the lounge bar most nights were just fantastic - what a great way to end an evening We loved every minute of our stay and can't wait to come back.
Vinaka Margaret & Terry (704)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HappygirlBrisbane

Dear HappygirlBrisbane

Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday at our beautiful resort. As you found out our staff make all of the difference! I will most definitely share your comments with Moses from the Sundowner Bar and Grill. How good are the treatments at the Bebe Spa. It is easy to understand why this outstanding Spa facility was voted “Best International Spa” at last year’s Pevonia Spa Awards. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed the live entertainment in the Vakavanua Lounge each evening!
HappygirlBrisbane, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience. We all look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!