Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
US$74
US$379
US$332
  • Beachfront
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$74
  • Pool
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
Very Good 4/5
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$78
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,270 results
All reviewsbebe spaivi restaurantplantation burebutler servicesundowner barmei meitalai butlera deluxe ocean view roomvale nichampagne and canapeskids clubtapaspeter hopgoodmeimei serviceevery afternoonpool aerobicscoral coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

If you're are reading this review and are contemplating on whether to stay at Outrigger Fiji or not - I assure you that at Outrigger Fiji it is worth every single cent. The resort is styled as a Fijian Village but meets 5 star luxury. Authentic in every way yet very modern. This year was our third visit and we're already planning for our 4th visit next year. Like most of you, I like to research and compare holiday accommodations before booking anything. Making sure that my hard earning cash is not thrown away into the drain. At outrigger you get more bang for your buck. The resort itself is fantastic. Neat and tidy room with tropical modern furniture, friendly staff (who always treats you like royalty), family pool and adult pool (my favourite place), 4 main restaurants to choose from (food are out of this world) not including Vahavu and kalokalo bar - they too are amazing. I have a 2 year old daughter who was looked after by the resort nanny so that i could take my beautiful wife out on a date. This was a nice touch. Though we don't have older kids but the resort offers varieties of kids activities. The spa treatment was very relaxing and therapeutic (just what we need). We loved very single minute of our stay at Outrigger Fiji and I totally recommend it to anyone whether you traveling solo or with family and friends. See you there July 2015. :)

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Mosese N
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mosese N
A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
I am absolutely delighted that we could provide you and your family with such a “Beyond Amazing” holiday! As you found out the best thing about a holiday at our beautiful resort is our amazing staff. I was impressed that you took your wife out on a date whilst our incredible meimei nannies looked after your 2 year old daughter. This is what a holiday at Outrigger is all about! We take great care of the children so that Mums and Dads can have some much needed time together.
Mosese N – Once again we thank you for your comments - We all look forward to welcoming you back to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji, at some time in the not too distant future for your 4th visit!

Vinaka and Warm Regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

When we arrived the room we had booked ( an ocean view room with twin double beds) was not available. It was clear that the hotel was pretty full so we were happy to hear we were being "upgraded" to a deluxe ocean view room...

The upgrade missed the mark, however, because now we had a king bed and a fold out couch. The mattress in the fold out couch was rock hard and in places the inner springs were able to be felt. This was an issue every night of our stay.

We also had an issue with the reception staff when we wanted to do some washing in the guest laundry. There were no tokens at the desk and the reception staff member told me " We will have some in ten minutes when our staff member brings some up" Those ten minutes were obviously Fiji time minutes because forty minutes later no tokens were to be had...

Immediately before staying here we had been at Denerau Island at the Sheraton. Consequently, we were in the perfect position to compare two hotels both claiming five stars. Sadly the Outrigger no longer lives up to this rating. The room was simply not big enough for three adults and certainly a fold out couch (in any state) is not what one would expect from a five star room. It is also not new or newly refurbished. It might pass for five star in 1995 but not 2014,

We were at the Outrigger during Australian School Holidays. The main pool was awash with families - kids, kids and more kids. This is a hoot if you are a family with kids - our girl is nearly 17 so this was not for us. The pool area is pretty and is well suited to families just not really ours.

We spent a fair bit of time at the adults only pool. Initially we were told that only people over 18 were allowed in this area but given that our daughter is only interested in sun-baking around a pool (no Marco Polo here) we were left to our own devices in peace. Mostly the staff here were excellent ( take a bow, Epi ) but this was not the case all over.

The food was pretty good. We enjoyed the breakfast with a new smoothy shot each day. The differently themed buffets each night were good. We also ate at the beachside bar/restaurant the adult pool restaurant and main pool restaurant - all were entirely satisfactory. A nice touch that brought my wife and I to tears was the staff singing the farewell song to us in the buffet restaurant on the last night. A beautiful way to finish our holiday.

We visited Kula Eco park (subject of a separate review but suffice to say we enjoyed ourselves) We also went into Sigatoka for some shopping which was fun and less stressful than shopping in Nadi with it's pushy shop touts.

One other criticism is the price of wifi here at the resort - $35Au for three days is ridiculous. A five star hotel has either free wifi or charges a minimal fee. It was also flukey in the room, particularly when more than one of us was on-line, so not a selling point. You can use the two laptops in the cafe for 20 minutes a time for the price of a coffee (yes, you have to buy something first) but as anyone with teenage kids will tell you, that ain't gonna cut it.

We paid only slightly less here than we did at the Sheraton. As there was no more sea swimming or snorkeling access here than there is on Denerau, I would say the saving was not worth it. There is really nothing major wrong with the Outrigger and in fact, if you have kids up to teenage years this place will suit you well, we just had better experiences elsewhere this Fiji trip and certainly much better bang for our buck in south east asia.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ozibloke
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Ozibloke
Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast!
My team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are all about providing quality holiday experiences to our guests. It is obvious from your comments, that in your case, we did not deliver on this expectation - We sincerely apologize for this occurrence!
I apologize that your accommodation did not meet with your expectations! We offer bedding configurations of a King bed with pull out sofa and also 2 x Queen beds. I have addressed the issue with the sofa bed in your room. I assure you that all of our rooms are refurbished on a yearly basis.
I appreciated your comments regarding the quality of meals at the resort and also the many varied and activities that are available to our guests. I was also pleased to read that you took advantage of the “Kids Free” Vahavu swimming pool. I will most certainly pass your comments onto Epi. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff – they are the heart and soul of our resort and the main reason why Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted the number one family resort in Australasia and the South Pacific in this year’s Trip Advisor awards. The resort is also recognized in the top 25 resorts in the world being voted at Number 14!
Ozibloke, Once again I apologize that your stay with us was not up to your standard. I assure you that we embrace all comments and that we take a proactive approach in resolving all areas of concern. Hopefully you may reconsider and return to our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The Outrigger was quite a drive from the airport. We were thankful we got a private transfer and not a shuttle bus - pay the extra for a private transfer or take a taxi; you will be grateful you dont have to stop at the other resorts along the way, as you will be exhausted after the flight.
The Outrigger is very clean and well maintained but it did look a little tired and outdated. The public bathrooms need to be updated and so do some parts of the rooms (we had a hotel room in the main block). We were initially disappointed that our room was small and the kids had a sofa bed to share but honestly, we were comfortable and didn't need anything bigger or more fancy. The pool area needs repair, mainly the pool tiles but I can understand that is a major job and no one wants to be on holiday without a pool! It would be awesome if the pool has a slide as there isn't much to do in the pool. Or a swim up bar would be cool but there is one of those in the adult only pool. The staff are wonderful and make your stay very special.
We tried the kids club but it wasn't successful as our kids just weren't interested. We stayed with our kids to see if they would settle and we followed them to the beach. A word of advice; don't send your kids to the kids club if they wander away as the workers have many children to look after and they do take them out to the beach.
The beach is not as stunning as I thought it would be and the sand is very course. But because it's a reef, it makes for a fun adventure to find shells and creatures! Hire a kayak with a glass bottom boat, so you can see underwater.
There is plenty to do at the resort if you want to get involved but I feel there should be some entertainment in the evenings, like a theme night or a beach party or something fun. The kids do enjoy the outside movie but other than that, there wasn't much on in the evenings.
If you have kids; sign them up with activities to help light the torches around the pool in the evenings. They dress them up in traditional costume and my kids loved it!
If you need supplies, we found the resort shops to be well stocked or you can even walk to the store that is along the beach (the nice lady in there ordered a packet of nappies for my son for her driver to bring back for me). We found it super easy to catch a public bus for $1 to Sigatoka (pay at the end of your trip). The fresh produce market there is amazing!!
There are many weddings that take place at the Outrigger. (We saw 5 weddings there on our 8 night stay). The weddings were a bit of an inconvenience as often they were in public places and as nice as they were to see, sometimes it's just too hard to keep your kid's quiet and away from the weddings. Not sure if this resort is catering more for families or weddings (perhaps a bit of both). But I would only stay there as a family, I wouldn't stay there as a couple (but they do have an adults only pool, which I only had a glance of). Perhaps, hubby and I should have utilised the babysitting service, so we could have enjoyed some adult time!
Oh and the kids meals are fantastic! Make sure you utilise the kids eat, stay, and play for free. Amazing value.
A lot of people say the restaurants are overpriced but I didnt think so at all. It was all very comparable to Australian prices. And outside the resort, most things are cheap!
Overall, Outrigger on the Lagoon is fabulous; it's clean, the gardens are immaculate and our bed was superb (and I am fussy with mattresses!) but I wouldn't rate it as 5 star. It's more 4.5 star.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank allylou

Dear allylou
Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji! Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji holiday.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday at our beautiful resort. As you found out our staff make all of the difference!
It was most unfortunate that your children did not enjoy their time at the Kids Club. There is so much to do and also so many outdoor activities for the children to participate in. This includes visits to the Eco Park, Fish Feeding, Shell collecting, Crab Races (where you have to find your own crab) plus many other healthy outdoor activities. At night time with offer many and varied activities. These include Crab Races, Frog Races, live entertainment 7 nights a week, outdoor cinema plus on 4 nights a week we offer cultural floor shows.
How good are the dining options at the resort – we have some of the best restaurants in all of Fiji and as you have stated prices are comparable or even less expensive than resorts in Australia.
allylou, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience. We all look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Vinaka and Warm Regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I arrived at around 1.30 pm and was advised that check in was 3pm- fair enough - I asked if there was a chance my room could be ready early, they said come back at 3pm but in the meanwhile go to the adults pool, which was fine but it was full. The man who checked me in could not have been any more dismissive. I ended up paring an extra A$250 to upgrade to a bungalow, which is right I
N front if the kids club? It is now 3.45 on my second day and my room has not been cleaned yet. For A$400 a night I expect
T much better service than this hotel offers - would recommend it for families but for anyone else stay away

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank James K
Outrigger_Fiji_2013, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear James K,

At Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji, we are all about delivery high quality and memorable holiday experiences and it appears that we failed to achieve this on your recent stay and for this we sincerely apologize. Whilst 3pm check in is standard, our staffs response was unacceptable and our Front Office Manager will be reviewing this process with his team. With regards to the allocation and location of your Bure and late servicing of your room, I am aware that our Duty Manager has been in contact and offered a room move to a more suitable Bure. For all guests, it is important to note that we have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day and if anything is not quite as it should be, they can most certainly assist to ensure that you have the amazing Outrigger experience that our resort is famous for.

Kind regards,
Jason Zvatora

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I agree with one of the other reviewers, it was great but something was missing. The food was greatly overpriced, and pretty average. Very little to do except the pool. I understand that many activities were based on the tide, but I have stayed at multiple resorts along the coral coast and they don't seem to have the same problem, and the beach at other resorts are much nicer and more accessible. The staff were the saving grace. They are happy friendly and enthusiastic, they are amazing and should be showcased as the star. The rooms were pretty average. Dark and gloomy kept very clean but the room itself and it's fixtures were not what I would expect of a five star resort, tired would how I would describe them. The gym was great and very accessible and the staff really helpful, wish my own gym staff were that helpful. We had a great but not fantastic time, kids made some great friends and had a great time, but even they said they would rather go to back to Europe and hike around than go back to fiji.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mikechrislachlan

Dear mikechrislachlan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. You are correct that our Lagoon is tidal with an abundance of water activities from Mid to High and back to Mid tide. I must also mention a fantastic reef walk activity that we do at low tide. I will also discuss your feedback with our Executive Chef as our restaurants are widely regarded as some of the top restaurants in Fiji. Lastly, thank you for your kind comments relating to our staff. They most certainly the key to our resort. Mickechrislachlan, we most certainly appreciate all feedback as we strive for continual improvement.

Kind regards,