Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
US$139
US$104
  • Pool
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$195
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$71
  • Pool
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$114
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$97
  • Pool
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$88
Agoda.com
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$317
US$277
  • Breakfast included
3,295 results
All reviewsbebe spaivi restaurantplantation burebutler servicesundowner barmei meitalai butlera deluxe ocean view roomvale nichampagne and canapeskids clubtapaspeter hopgoodmeimei serviceevery afternoonpool aerobicscoral coast
Reviewed 17 November 2010

My wife and I were at the Outrigger on our honeymoon and enjoyed our experience.
The grounds are beautiful, and the pool is nice and large. We never had a problem getting a chair. Yes there are alot of kids - so what? We never found it a problem.
That said - yes there is no harm in looking into having an adults only pool at some point.
Nobody really uses the beach - It's the Coral Coast - to be expected.
The food is generally good. The pizza was fantastic. Ivi was great as well. No real complaints about the buffets - very typical for resort food.
Stay away from the Asian Restaurant. It was easily some of the worst food I tried in my entire time in Fiji at 3 different resorts. Seasoning anyone?
Go to Bebe Spa for a masssage or treatment, etc. It's worth it. We had a tapas dinner with a glass of wine and watched the sun set from the bar in the spa. It was one of the highlights of our trip and should not be missed.
The night time entertainment was fun - at least they make an effort at this resort to provide a complete experience.
All staff were great - we never had any issues from anyone. Check-in was easy - servers were mostly excellent.
The resort is a bit of a drive from Nadi - about an hour. Not a big deal.
The zoo next door was great and worth a visit.
Loved the internet access - tough to get in Fiji, so definitely appreciated.
It's a nice place to stay. No way is it 5 star - just a good 4 star resort and worth a stay if you're in Fiji for a while and want to visit some different resorts.

2  Thank cantrav10
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2010

Dear Cantrav10

Thank you for providing comment to other readers of Trip Advisor!

We embrace all comments and we were delighted that you enjoyed your time at the resort!

We have duly noted your comments in relation to our Asian restaurant, Baravi and we have discussed these issues with our Executive Chef. The general consensus from most of our guests is that the Baravi Restaurant is indeed a wonderful dining experience with a great selection of Chinese, Indian, Thai and Japanese cuisine! I must add though that the Fijian chefs are sometimes a little heavy on the spices, in particular chilies!!!!!

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our Tapas menu at the Kalo Kalo lounge, whilst watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean! The views are truly remarkable!

Whilst we note your comments stating that you rate the resort as “a good 4 star”, we are very proud of our official status as Fiji’s top 5 star resort!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort at some time in the not too distant future!

Warm Regards

Peter Hopgood
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Reviewed 16 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Outrigger early in november 2010 for our honeymoon. Not only was this our first overseas holiday, but our first holiday ever, so we were extremely excited to get there.
On arrival we were shocked to discover that we were required to pay an extra $500 for room 'extras' and bond. We agreed to do a preauthorisation on our credit card but asked the staff to please make sure that the money was not actually debited, only held so that we could meet our financial obligations when we returned home.
Rgeardless, we awoke the next morning to check our funds and realised that the staff had taken the $500 out as if it was a purchase, not a pre authorisation. To say that I was furious was an understatement. This was the start of a 4 day battle to have the reception staff to put our money back into our account. It took eleven days for the money to go back into our account AFTER we left the outrigger. I believe this is absolutely appalling and to top it off there were no apologies from the staff for their mistake.
The room we stayed in was ok, definately not the 5 star luxury that we thought we had booked. The cleaners would only ever get to our room late in the afternoon and all that was done was the bed made ( not changed once in the 5 days we were there), 1 day out of 5 we got fresh towels and the floor was mopped once. However, the resort was very quick to send around staff members to check that nothing had been taken from the mini bar so that they could add it to the room tab.
As mentioned earlier we were on our honeymoon and were supposed to receive a honeymoon bonus. When I asked reception about this they asked for our voucher which we produced for them. The manager on duty then rudely demanded to see other proof that we were newly weds, no congratulations or anything! Sorry but I did not realise that I had to take my marriage certificate with me, it was definately not on the list of items that I thought I needed to pack! So much for the friendly staff that the outrigger prides themselves on. I found reception staff and higher level management in this resort to be the worst that I have ever come across anywhere, and I dont mean just in a resort as I've never been to any other resort, i mean ANYWHERE. The other (probably lower paid) staff were actually quite lovely. A few of them told us that they were only being paid between $2.50 and $3. I think the outrigger needs to address this especially as their prices are so inflated yet the staff seem to be paid so little.
As stated by many other unhappy travellers, the food was only ok, the pool was over run by children ( and this was NOT during holiday time), the beach is not a 'beach', the free activities such as crab racing are lame, drinks at the pool take forever to arrive and everything else costs a small fortune(i could keep going). The resort also tried to charge us for breakfast upon checking out, which was supposed to be included and was eventually refunded however, reception staff again will not admit and apologise when they are in the wrong.
The Outrigger management will probably respond to this review with the usual excuses and say that my review should be discredited for some reason or another. It just shows that if The Outriggers customers are still complaining then NOTHING has been resolved.
I believe that the outrigger could have done more for my husband and I to ensure that we enjoyed our time there. The outrigger did not go above and beyond for us in any way whatsoever
We left 3 nights early at a cost to us of $180. I just couldn't stand it any more. The reception staff did not bat an eyelid when we said we were leaving early so maybe this happens all the time. I am still waiting for the refund on the nights accommodation that the outrigger assured they would refund to us. I am just furious that my honeymoon was ruined by this resort and I will endeavour to tell everyone that I come across just how awful this place is to stay.

5  Thank kpmp1
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear KPMP1

I have read through your comments and we are obviously disappointed that you did not enjoy your time in Fiji, which unfortunately, has resulted in you providing a scathing commentary on our resort!

We, the management and staff, at Outrigger on the Lagoon. Fiji, make it our sole purpose to ensure that guests staying at our resort have a memorable holiday. As stated we apologise that we have not delivered this experience in your instance!

Whilst we fully embrace the integrity of comments on Trip Advisor, we feel it is necessary to defend ourselves when both malicious and inaccurate commentary is written about our beautiful resort.

All resorts and hotels, worldwide take a credit card imprint as security against any charges that may be incurred by the guest! This is normal practice and allows hotels and resorts to facilitate room charge capabilities for their guests.

I am fully aware of the circumstances associated with your decision to depart the resort early! As I recall, due to your bank, back in Australia, increasing interest charges on your mortgage, you ran into cash flow issues and needed to return to Australia – Whilst we empathize with your situation, it was most unfortunate that this issue was not highlighted in your commentary! As with any guest leaving early, you were charged one night’s cancellation fee!

The team, at Outrigger on the Lagoon. Fiji, delight in celebrating special occasions with our guests, whether it be birthdays, honeymoons or anniversaries. Unfortunately the details of your honeymoon were not passed onto the resort from your travel agent and we were not aware that you were on your honeymoon. Once we were made aware of this special occasion we made arrangements for the appropriate salutations!

Your comments in regards to our housekeeping service are both untrue and mischievous! We have checked our records and we are totally comfortable with the daily servicing of your room that was provided by our housekeeping team! These comments and many other untruths that you have so colorfully narrated in your commentary, unfortunately discredits your correspondence!

I personally, take offence that you make the comment that “Outrigger customers are still complaining then nothing has been resolved”

We at Outrigger embrace all comments whether they be good or bad and take the appropriate action. You will note from previous Trip Advisor commentators, that we take a proactive approach in dealing with any issue!

As previously stated, we pride ourselves on the quality of service and holiday experience that we deliver at Outrigger on the Lagoon. Fiji!

Whilst in your instance it is apparent that we have not succeeded in this goal, and for this we apologise, we take solace in knowing that a majority of our guests enjoy their time at our resort. In fact for the month of October, Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji rated 98.7% guest satisfaction from all Trip Advisor respondents!

This is why we are recognized through the official 2009 AON Fiji Tourism Awards, as the Number One 5 star resort in Fiji!

Peter Hopgood
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Reviewed 16 November 2010

We stayed at the Outrigger from 1st Nov-10th Nov, and had a great time.
The children loved the hotel, especially the swimming pool.
Staff were very friendly and service was great. You really get into Fiji time while you are there.
The food was 100% delicious, kids meals were great and the size of the portions were huge.
Will definitely go again

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank vicstar77
OutriggerFiji, Exec Assistant at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2010

Bula vicstar77

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on the service you received from our staff. Excellent guest service is our number one priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 November 2010

my wife and I recently spent 6 nights at the Outrigger for our honeymoon. We were so impressed with not only the quality of theresort (and it is a resort, not just a hotel) but the friendlyness of the staff, all of whom were so genuinely happy to be working there and assisting the guests. We dined most evenings at the Ivi restaurant to escape the kids at the other restaurants, and the food and service were outstanding! We stayed in one of the plantation bures and the Talai butler service was outstanding, the ladies were always so happy and friendly and made every afternoon/evening special with their visits.
We were very sad to leave and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
OutriggerFiji, Exec Asst at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2010

Bula marklondon007

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We were delighted that you chose Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji as your honeymonn destination.

Our staff at the Ivi Restaurant were thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience with them!

Our Talai butler service is unique to Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji and we are pleased that you enjoyed the warm professional service.

We will be looking forward to your return to Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 November 2010

I cannot praise Outriggers enough. It was the most fantastic holiday for our family. We arrived the day after the big cyclone at the end of last year. As we dropped other holidayers off we could see that all the other resorts were a disaster zone. Outriggers on the other hand looked like nothing had happened (except for all the trees with the tops blown off and totally de flowered). I asked management why this was so, and apparently everyone around chipped in to clean it up. To me that says something about the respect the staff has for the place and for their guests.
Anyway we got Makita as our nanny who was awesome with our hyperactive baby and the kids couldn't wait to go to the kids club. All in all a great holiday so much so we are going again in December.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank arg277

Bula arg277
Thank your for your warm and friendly comments.
We cant wait to see you back at the resort.