“Take us back!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Brisbane, Australia
“Take us back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

I arrived at the Outrigger on the Lagoon with my Mum and my younger sister on New Years Day 2011. We stayed for six nights and enjoyed every single second of it. The resort grounds are beautifully maintained and our room was absolute luxury. As part of our travel package all our breakfasts, lunches and dinners were included for a set price every day and we were given meal vouchers on arrival. We found that incredible value as the food was plentiful – all we did was eat and we still couldn’t use all of our meal vouchers!
Most importantly, the service from ALL staff was above and beyond and it really made our holiday. From something as simple as a “Bula!” and a genuine smiling face in every encounter, to the removal of the tiniest gecko from our room in the middle of the night because of Mum’s strange phobia. The staff were incredibly helpful, genuine and friendly in every aspect, and I cannot stress that enough. I just recently found out that two of the staff that we praised on our departure have since received awards, so it is lovely to know that resort listens to the feedback and the staff are recognised for their outstanding hospitality. My highlights would have to be the horse riding on the beach, the Fijian Bobo Massage at Bebe Spa, Tapas at the KaloKalo bar (delish!!!), and our last night at the resort when the GM Peter Hopgood personally got together with a group of staff to sing us the farewell song. We were in tears, we loved it so much and wished we never had to leave. Highly Highly recommend this resort to couples and families, young and old.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Manjita, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
Dear Samanthaclaire_11
Greetings from the isle of smiles!
We are delighted that you enjoyed the village nature of the resort! We have a wonderful grounds team that take great pride in presenting a truly tropical gardens to our guests.
We also appreciate your comments in relation to your “luxurious” accommodation!
The staff at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are by far and away the most hospitable in Fiji! They love coming to work and engaging with our guests!
I have noted your comments regarding the singing of the farewell song! I wasn’t sure whether you had tears because of my terrible singing (hee! hee!) or more likely being joyous in listening to the wonderful voices of our Outrigger team!
We delight in receiving excellent feedback on our team, as it allows us to both acknowledge and reward our staff at our monthly Employee of the Month awards.
Samanthaclaire_11, once again we thank you for taking the time in providing feedback on your Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji experience!
We can’t wait to see you, your sister and your Mum back at the resort in the not too distant future!
Peter Hopgood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

We stayed for 11 nights in a family plantation bure. It catered well for all our needs and was really well presented and comfortable. We also pre purchased all meals and found the selection at the restaurants was very comprehensive and the food was of an extremely high standard. This is the first holiday I have been on where after a week I haven't been itching to get home. Beautiful grounds, fantastic staff and we will definintely be going back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Manjita, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Bula rmdownie
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon .Fiji. I have noted that you stayed in a Family Bure! This style of accommodation is ideal for larger families as it provides you with plenty of space, 2 bathrooms as well as the luxury of having a King Bed in one bedroom and 2 Queen Beds in the second bedroom! Thank you for your kind compliments in relation to our food and beverage outlets!
I was pleased to note that we kept you well entertained for the 11 days that you stayed at the resort!
We can’t wait to see you back at the resort!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Outrigger on the Lagoon is a magnificant place to stay - I have been to Fiji several times, the Outrigger is by far the best resort I have been to in the Islands, my fiance and I were lucky enough to be invited to drinks with the GM and management team.

The staff could not do enough for us - they were more than happy to assist us

I highly recommend the Outrigger on the lagoon, and would like to extend my thanks for a great stay to both Peter and Jason and the rest of the crew.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Bula happytraveler_0129
We are delighted that we could make your honeymoon at Outrigger on the Lagoon so special!
We were also pleased to note that you enjoyed the friendly, welcoming nature of our Fijian staff!
Jason and I both enjoyed catching up with you at the Management Cocktail party!
We would be thrilled if you could come back for another visit at some time in the not too distant future!
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

My husband and I got married here in July and it was absolutely wonderful!!!

Our wedding coordinator Ilisoni had everything under control and it was stress free and everything was perfect.... apart from the weather!!! It rained on our wedding day (the only day it did rain all week) and our beach wedding turned into a chapel wedding - which was lovely. Ilisoni took care of informing all our wedding guests of the change in plan, and organised everything - we just had to turn up!!!! Can't say enough good things about him!!!! What could have been very stressful just wasn't.....

Our bure was wonderful and spacious, although was starting to feel a little 'tired' and in need of a spruce up, but we were very happy with it regardless. Our talai made a special ring of flowers in the shape of a heart from when we got back from the reception, which was a lovely guesture - they were truly wonderful.

The kids club was fantastic - and our daughter loved going there... all the kids looked like they were having a ball!!!!! Food was a little expensive, but we knew that, and budgeted for it, so it wasn't an issue for us.

The beach was average, but again, we knew this and expected it. Most of our swimming was done in the pool which was fine for us. We did snorkle around closer to the reef and my daughter saw some 'Finding Nemo' fish which she was very excited about. Snorkeling was one of her most favourite things to do.

A few positives and a few negatives, but the positives far outweigh the negatives....

The service was fantastic. Ilisoni for the wedding, the front desk for any queries and check in check out, the Ivi restaurant and booking into bebe spa were all fantastic. The Ivy staff arranged a sitter for our daughter when our dinner went over time, without us having to leave our seats - that was lovely and appreciated. Also the 'welcomers' who arranged taxis, golf cart shuttles etc whenever we needed to go anywhere - all without a wait. Only bad services was from one waitress at the Sundowner, who refused to smile or be helpful, but we just avoided her.

My only real disappointment was with the Bebe Spa manicure I had. I had organised this the day before my wedding, nice nails for the photos... but the lady managed to make three of my fingers bleed. She then told me that it was my fault as my hands were overly sensitive. Ouch!!!! So I had to hide my hands in the wedding photos - or just hide the bleeding fingers.....

Overall it was a wonderful place to get married, and a wonderful place for a holiday!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it and have recommended it to a few of my friends as possible wedding destinations!!!! Thank you Outrigger (and Ilisoni) for my wonderful memories..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MaeStar
Dear Maestar
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your holiday and wedding at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji in July last year!
We are delighted that you and your wedding party enjoyed your special occasion at the resort. Our weddings department does a tremendous job! In fact they are doing such a good job that the number of weddings at the resort has increased from 40 in 2009 to 160 already booked in 2011!
We have noted your comments regarding the manicure that you had at Bebe Spa. I sincerely apologise for this occurrence and we have taken the appropriate steps to address this issue! I assure all readers of Trip Advisor that this was a one off incident and the therapist involved is no longer employed at the resort!
We were extremely happy to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience at our Fine Dine restaurant, Ivi! It is rated in the top 3 restaurants in Fiji! We were also pleased to learn that you took advantage of our wonderful meimei “nanny” service!
Once again, we appreciate the time you have taken to update fellow trip advisor readers of your July holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to the resort in the not too distant future!

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

When you die you go to paradise… I just got back. Yes FIJI is paradise and the Outrigger on the Lagoon is the Mecca. I discovered Fiji 12 months ago and have returned 3 times. I have experienced 14 resorts. The Outrigger is the stand out number:1 destination. Although the resort is part of a multi national chain, the Coral Coast Outrigger on the lagoon is flagrantly Fiji. The resort is run with a spirit of community by 3 expat’s in conjunction with a huge, loyal and talented workforce of Fijians.

The resort, it’s people, management, accomodation, food/beverage and ambience re-educate the most seasoned traveller or world weary worker in the art of relaxation and ‘good times’. The eclectic mix of clientele; corperate CEO’s, plumbers, multi tasking mums, a London Jazz singer all learn to smile, socialise, relax and all in ‘Fiji Time’. The singer, Jerin-Lei joined the Sunday Jazz band and blew us all away with a contemporary twist to old jazz classics.

My Facebook is clogged with the many and varied friendships that form in this rarefied environment where we have become part of this family like community. Excellent food, fun and fresh activities, clean and spacious pool, successfully create a backdrop to the holiday that will change your life.

I visit during the school holidays with my 10 year old and teenage children or escape kidless with my husband and still manage to experience an ectasy of enjoyment in paradise. I play and party hard with my teenagers and when I can detach my 10 year old from her ‘very best’ friends she has met I romp in the fun kids areas of the pool. I stay in the cheapest rooms and still my butler brings me champagne and canapes at 5. I am steps away from the pool, bar, and world class restaurants. Did I mention, Shalish, their Chef, is renowned to be the best in Fiji and even the kids free meals menu is extensive, healthy and tasty.

Honeymooners, parents, singles, teenagers and kids mix in this melting pot of good times. They band together and wander down the beach and visit local Fijian bars and restaurants where the sense of wellbeing and community continues.

My resort hopping tours of Fiji have taught me that you will be visiting paradise where ever you go but for the Utopia of paradise, The Outrigger on the Lagoon is money well spent.

1 Thank massaratti
Dear Massaratti
The team were absolutely thrilled when we read your Trip Advisor comments to them!
We sincerely thank you for your generous feedback!
A holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji is all about fun and relaxation and it appears as though you have enjoyed both!
Once again, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your holiday experience! We can’t wait to see you back at the resort for your fourth visit!

Armagh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

BULA!!

Stayed here over Christmas and from start to finish it was amazing. Great food, service, amazing accomadation and so enjoyable. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Staff could not do enough for you and although tipping is a bonus it is not pushed upon you. They were all so friendly and helpful with definate 5* service throughout.

Spa is fab...so relaxing and the perfect extra to the holiday. I would highly recommend to anyone considering a trip..well worth it.

Too many great things to note.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Bula Auds90
Great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We were pleased to note your comments in relation to our friendly staff – They are the best in all of the South Pacific! And how good is Bebe Spa? – Once again rated the best spa in the Oceania region at the recent Prevonia Spa awards.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort at some time in the not too distant future!
Roma, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

We stayed at the Outrigger on the Lagoon for 7 nights and loved every minute of it. The resort itself is beautiful and very well set up with the Fijian feel to it. It has everything a tropical island holiday should. We stayed in a delux ocean view room and it was every bit of that! The rooms are very clean, modern and quiet! We paid for our meals before when went and got our meal vouchers on arrival. I would strongly suggest this as you have a choice of any of the restruants except the Ivi and it works out cheaper. We loved the Sundowner bar for it's pizza's best woodfire Pizza we have ever had! and the Baravi bar for their great cocktails and excellent service! We had the pleasure of meeting the owner Peter while we stayed and had a chance to have a few drinks with him which was great.
All of the staff at the Outrigger are so amazingly friendly! You can't walk past anyone with out them say a cheery "Bula" to you which makes you feel so welcome! The location of the resort it great although there isn't the best beach it doesn't matter at all - we knew what to expect and it is still nice to lounge around on the lounges on the beach and the water is amazing - not to meantion the massive lagoon pool which accomodates everyone!
The only very slight down side to the holiday was the fishing tour we went on - although this was partly our own fault. We booked through the resort tour desk and were only told to meet the bus at 7am. We thought we were going to be on a larger boat with facilities eg toilet however it was a 24 foot boat with no facilities which isn't so great when going out for the whole day with no stops - however we were at fault by not finding out more so my suggestion would be to do your research and ask questions and make sure you know exactly what you are in for before paying. The Bebe Spa was beautiful and also very highly recommmed!
Overall we loved every minute of our holiday at the Outrigger and would certainly recommend the resort to anyone traveling to Fiji.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cassiepete
Bula CassiePete
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon .Fiji. We pride ourselves on delivering a traditional Fijian experience to our guests in the comfort of a 5 star resort! Our staff are what sets us apart from the rest of the resorts in Fiji. They are so friendly and welcoming and love coming to work to engage with our guests.
I have noted your comments regarding the fishing expedition and we will take the necessary steps to rectify this area of concern.
We were also pleased to note that you enjoyed our world class Bebe Spa!
We can’t wait to see you back at the resort!
Peter Hopgood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,969 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!