“Spooky Cannibal Caves!!”
Review of Naihehe Caves

Naihehe Caves
Ranked #11 of 28 things to do in Sigatoka
More attraction details
Owner description: Notable for its massive size and unusual natural characteristics, this cave was once a fortress for a cannibal tribe and still contains a cannibal oven and other reminders of this gruesome history.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband loved it, I was a little grossed out and spooked. We did the tour on our own with a small agent who provided a private car,guide and transfers (180fjd). The organised tours from Nadi or Denarau are more expensive (110 usd or so). Its a huge cave but the stalagmite and stalactites are disappointing. Bilibilli boat ride across the river is short and if the river is full of water then maybe exciting, otherwise its very ok. The guides however are great just like all Fijians. So go only if you like the story of cannibalism not for the formations. Its very dark inside the cave so carry a torch or a head lamp even though the guide provided us with torches I doubt the group tour does that .

4  Thank Juhi D
There are newer reviews for Naihehe Caves

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I did this tour with Paradise Travel and they first had to cancel the Wednesday I had booked and then told me it was confirmed for Saturday but called me Friday evening to confirm so basically had me waiting under the pretense it was confirmed when really it wasn't. The driver I had from Nadi showed up early because he wanted me to get some services like massage or henna from his wife. Then he tried getting me to buy half of Fiji and it was really annoying. He wouldn't stop for me to take a picture so I missed a great picture. The tour itself was good enough. I thought there would be more history inside the cave. It is basically just a cave and you walk in shallow water and see a few things but not like drawings or anything on the walls. The lunch was really lacking. There wasn't enough to eat or drink and some people didn't even get cutlery. The bamboo raft had spiders and other bugs and some people started screaming. I had to ask to get my change back for the tour a couple times and they forgot my beer that I paid for. Finally in the end, I got a beer. It was good but could have been better. The company handling it wasn't really with it. If you have seen caves before then no need really to see this one as it doesn't have enough substance with culture and history and really just is a cave.

6  Thank Worldexplorer21
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The best day on our holidays and going with Anas Tours were looked after so very well!! Our guide was informative and the ride on a bamboo canoe was fantastic!!

3  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This was a great trip went on a wet day so the drive to the caves was muddy and cold but super fun. The villages that you drive through are great all the children will run out to wave. The cave is brilliant and such a great experience highly recommend and the tour guides are great

1  Thank barbieinaus
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I really enjoyed this trip with a tour company, Adventures in Paradise. I found out about the cave tour after visiting the waterfall with them the day before. The bus ride into Sigatoka valley is most interesting and informative. The tour guiding, once again was excellent. It is a well presented day trip and a majestic cave to visit. I worry about the preservation of such an historical place, but this tour, only takes small groups and promotes a great respect of the cave's spirituality as well as its environment. The cave should be a national heritage site.

4  Thank Michelle B