“Can't wait to go back”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Fiji, we spent our first 6 nights at the hideaway and were so happy with our experience we are planning our next trip already. We took the all inclusive package and booked an ocean view bure, to our surprise and excitement we were upgraded to an ocean front bure which was amazing we had the reef on or doorstep and an outdoor shower/bath. We found the staff to be the best part of our stay so welcoming and all new us by name. We participated in the free activities and enjoyed them all, the staff were so helpful in making sure we knew what we were doing as a first time snorkeler I have discovered it is not as easy as it looks but by the end I had the hang of it thanks to the activities team.
I could write a book on how much fun we had and how enjoyable our stay was, and honestly it was the best part of our trip. I also recommend walking down the beach past the resort and checking out the horse ride to the waterfall.
As I said we cant wait to go back. Only thing missing from the resort is a swim up bar this would have made it 10 out of 10 (and rumor has it this maybe on the cards? Will find out when we return)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I travelled with my adult family and wanted to try the coral coast instead of the islands. The resort was lovely, the food was great, we had sunny days for a week. Room rate was quite high but food and drinks were good value. Happy hour is fun, try not to miss it. We had bed and breakfast and paid for dinner each evening. We ate a big breakfast, then had a snack for lunch (stopped at a fiji supermarket on the way from Nadi and brought snacks) and then had a full dinner. 3 paid meals would have been a waste for us. The highlight were the staff - they were just wonderful and made you feel special from the minute we arrived. Only negative was the wind - not sure if this is normal for the coral coast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank travelqueen532013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We recently got back from Fiji for a good friends wedding. The resort was amazing, the rooms are fabulous and are cleaned on a daily basis... (they needed to be with 2 kids). I loved our room (Frangipani Bure) as it had 2 showers.. one outside and one inside. The happy hour (in the bar) every day was great and was different each night, games ranged from horse racing (fiji style) to guess that song/movie etc... The pool as I had previously read was a little tired, but that was just on the outside, a little cracking in the concrete but nothing as bad as I had read. The pool was really nice and relaxing, as were the pool side chairs (very nice under an umbrella). We had rain most days, but was just a light rain, was quite refreshing so couldn't complain. The staff were all amazing!! We had our friends son stay with us for 2 nights and it was no trouble at all getting another bed into our room. The pull out bed we originally had was a lot uncomfortable for my son, but again, they came and got that and put another comfy bed in. The food was nice. The one thing I thought when we got there was it was awesome that the kids ate for free. My kids got tired of eating deep fried chips every single day, plain rice with nothing to put on it. There were however a couple of days there was fish or crumbed chicken. I highly recommend the little burger place right by the sea, they are reasonably priced and tasty... Also you HAVE to try the Mongolian BBQ... It is amazing!!!! The fettuccine isn't bad either... yummy actually.
The drive from Nadi to the resort was about 2 hours (bearing in mind this was at night). I would love to come back to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, just wish it wasn't such a drive to get there.
To all the staff - you are all amazing.. Laite (not sure of the spelling) was my absolute favourite by far!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Perth
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was of first trip to Fiji and coming from Perth it was a bit of a hike as we needed to go via Sydney, then it was almost a 2 hour drive from the airport to the hideaway.

Our Tour guide Ronald was lovely though and pointed out landmarks and even made a pitt stop for us to grab some essentials.

The resort is a little tired, but the people are lovely and the staff friendly and take the time to chat to you.

We had an ocean view bure which was lovely, bathroom and bedding a little tired but room overall was nice enough.

The beach was lovely for snorkelling, although not much live coral, plenty of fish though and nice and warm.

The pool are was a bit tired, and not much shade but nice enough. Daily games in the morning like volleyball etc, not my think personally but some guests get into it,

We booked this via a scoopon deal so it didn’t include meal and drinks package so for us it was VERY expensive to eat and buy drinks at hotel. I am comparing this to say Bali, where you pay $2 a beer or $10 for a main meal, here you are paying $6 a beer and up to $20 for a main meal. The food at resort is average at best.

The nearest shops are 30 mins away so one day we went here to stock up. We paid 70 FJN dollar for a driver for the round trip and 90 min shopping while he waited which was good.

It rained 2 days but the rest the weather was lovely.

Lots of kids there, but not too bad at the pool which is good as we are a young couple we wanted to relax and not listen to screaming kids.

No tvs in the Bures and you must pay for wifi which I felt was disappointing, especially those 2 rainy days.

We ate the pub over the road 2 nights, I felt sick after the food but my partner liked it.

The only downfall is being so isolated, no corner shop or other restaurants to eat at besides resort. Some people like that, but I would have like to have options.

I had a lovely stay here though, we had 8 nights which was a bit too much as there was not much to do, so a shorter stay would have been ok.

Not sure if I would return very soon, being in Perth it is more convenient and cheaper to travel to Bali, that said the people and beautiful views did make this a lovely trip.

Room Tip: 1-9 close to the pool and noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently travelled to Fiji for my younger son's wedding, a wedding gift from me to the couple, including a family holiday for a week. We arrived at the resort with high hopes for a lovely day and hopefulyl a good holiday.

The resort exceeded every expectation we had, the wedding was the most perfect ceremony and environment you could wish for. It rained on the day, but nothing could detract from a perfect setting, great staff and a minister with sincerity and a huge heart.

The resort staff were super helpful, always happy and willing to go the extra mile, nothing was too much trouble. The general consensus of family and guests was - we would go back in a heart beat. Thanks Silla and your team for a wonderful wedding and a great holiday Jeanné Hyde

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Darrin(scotty) & kerry we loved every minute of our one week stay at the hideaway, we had the package deal which works out so cheap if you love your food and beer. Our favourite tour was the jet boat tour which takes you along the sigatoga river to the heart of fiji where you go to a village it was unforgetable as were the children there who are in my heart and photos. We also loved a horse ride which took us to a waterfall not far from the resort . The entertainment was terrific with my partner even joining them on stage one night. The serenaders sang to me personaly with a beautiful song requested by my partner. Paul a barmen there was the greatest ! All the staff just very friendly. Very helpful. The bures are spacious and clean and bed very comfy. Seriously you would have to be very hard to please if you didnt enjoy your stay at the hideaway.
We hope to return next year to tie the knot there (marry) as it was just beautiful to us, the only sad part was when we had to leave, thankyou hideaway and thankyou to all your beautiful and entertaining staff , ps can our favourite waitress voli please contact my email adress as we misplaced hers .see you all next year guys . kerrywheeler@live.com.au .

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank kerrywheeler
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently spent 6 nights at the Hideaway resort. My best friend and I stayed in a Bure and the view of the coast was beautiful. The bure itself was very basic with no TV or air conditioning. It was also a 5 minute walk to get to the front of the hotel. The staff at the Hideaway are like no where else. Fantastic service, friendly and extremely helpful. The resort itself is quite limited in things to do. Being a 1 1/2-3 hour drive from the airport (depending on transport) you are isolated and trapped. There are great activities throughout the day for kids, however for adults lying by the pool is as good as it gets. It did unfortunately rain 3 days during our stay and this made it extremely boring not being able to leave our room. The tour desk offers a select few activities. We did the Jet Ski tour which was a lot of fun. The shark diving actives however require valid tickets/licences to be able to attend. The food was average. Nothing special, nothing awful. Over all it was a semi enjoyable holiday but I wouldn't be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grace_Blake93
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!