“best break”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Gold Coast, Australia
“best break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Loved the hideaway could do with a bit of an update in places, but staff, food and weather were excellent, best value for money. We had the all inclusive package and would highly recommend this as the best value for money.

Room Tip: we had a ocean view room and found the sea a bit nosey at with the reef
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nannyjo65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have just come back from 10 nights at Hideaway resort we had 25 guests as we got married there we loved everything about Hideaway whilst the rooms werent 5 star they were very clean and comfortable. We all loved the atmosphere of the resort the staff were exceptional right from front office check-in, to housekeeping to lawn keeper everyone was just so friendly and caring, nothing is too much trouble for them. The Wifi is a bit skechy it usually only works well in the main eating area and bar area but that is where you spend most time anyway!! The food was good we had all inclusive drinks and meals and i really recommend packaging the food and drink. The slide in the pool is really fast so be warned!! pool area great for everyone has a separate little kiddies pool. Treat yourself and have a couples massage it was amazing...Also 200m down from the resort is a little hut where you can have amazing massages for $50FJD for an hour. We would definetely stay again and cant wait to go back one day

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oceanview Bure room 48 and it was perfect away from all the noise
2 Thank Olivia T
FijiHideaway, General Manager at Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Bula Olivia T.
Warm greetings from the Coral Coast and of course our beautiful Hideaway Away Resort. Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding and we are delighted that you chose Fiji Hideaway Resort to celeberate your special day and even more so to read that you loved everything about the Hideaway and weddings all went well.Olivia, it was indeed a pleasure to have you and your fiance as well as your 25 guests here at the Hideaway Resort to celeberate with you on this special occassions and we thankyou for this. It sound like that you and your guests made good use of what we have and services in the resort. Thankyou also for your time in sharing your holiday experience with the world and we can't wait to welcome you back to the resort (maybe your first wedding anniversary). Congratulation again and will see you soon.
Warm Regards,
Chandar Dutt - General Manager.
melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I fell in love with the place, with the people, a paradise. Buffet brekkie to die for. So much to do evrynight, they are very much my family. welcoming and warm. great for families or anyone. the tourist office was very helpful. would recommend the waterfall and cave tours.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Karry86
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just returned from 7 nights stay at Hideaway where there were some good and some bad experiences. I suppose we have been spoilt with previous stays at Denauru so we were disappointed with Hideaway. I felt it was a little "Boganville" and would put it in the small category as maybe a very cheap Kuta Bali hotel (my opinion of course). In saying that, there was also a few families there and they seemed to enjoy it. They provided nightly entertainment which was great particularly the local village choir which were excellent. It was too far away which made our trip there and home very long and tiring particularly for my elderly Mum. The 2hr drive from the airport with the scary drivers overtaking on very badly maintained roads was a scary experience.

Accomodation was VERY basic but it says 3 star, so you get what you paid for. The Bure's could do with a spruce up and a little tv wouldn't go astray for the night time or days where it was bad weather. If you didn't read, you'd be stuffed. Just a tip, when booking, ask for a bure that is away from the main bars and restaurants. Our oceanfront bure was right next to the spa and it was extremely noisy until very early in the morning. We heard every cheesy disco song and yahoo'ing every night and as other people have expressed, other visitors who were 3 sheets to the wind, were very vocal on their way home to their bure's with no consideration of the other people staying there. We were woken up most nights by party goers.

Food I felt was very average and I can't honestly say I had a meal that I enjoyed all week. My Mum on the other hand had a couple of prawn dishes that she enjoyed very much. I actually got food poisoning on the 2nd night from the pizza we had which wiped me out for the whole next day which was disappointing. If you get a pizza, ask them to go easy on the cheese, these resort chefs are "cheese happy", way too much!!!!!! The waitresses were mostly very friendly although very slow and always on "Fiji time". There were a couple who came across not being that fussed on their job....lol. Looked as though they'd rather be anywhere but there serving. (For what they get paid, can't say I blame them). Food was overpriced for what it was, particulary the Asian themed night which was $65FJD for asian buffet. You could get the same or better quality food for $6 at home in the food court.

The spa staff were great and very accomodating and I enjoyed my many visits there over the week. Prices were not too bad either.

Cleaners were friendly and happy to assist with our needs. They actually came to my Mum's aid when she was choking on a piece of bacon (which you could of used as a ping pong bat) and helped me to get extra help. Without our cleaners assistance, I am not sure what would of happened to my Mum, so for that I am very thankful.

If I can suggest anything to those going to Hideaway I would recommend that you keep a very keen eye on your account and the money that you owe and pay at reception. I was ripped of on 2 separate occassions by the same receptionist who even though I counted out the money owed in front of her, twice came back after I left and said I didn't give her the right money. The first one she said I was $50FJD short and on the last day she did it again to me as I was getting on the bus after settling my account. She said that I was $20 AUD short on what I just gave her. I counted the full amount out in front of her and it was agreed and she took the money on both occassions. After getting on the bus on our way back to airport, other travellers were also complaining that the same thing had happened to them also. How can this happen 2 times by the same woman? This was a major factor in us never returning to this resort, nor would I recommend it to my friends or relatives. We were extremely angry with this happening when we know that we paid the correct money. They kept stuffing up our regular payments also on our accounts, they really need to provide some training to their front desk staff in admin and money handling.

Overall, it was not a bad holiday and it served it's purpose for some relaxation but I think we will stick to Denarau from now on, there really is no comparrision on accomodation, food, entertainment and location. If you don't mind a bit of camping or roughing it, Hideaway is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ocean front Bure but ask for one that is away from the main restaurant and bars. Way too noisy othe...
5 Thank Robyn J
FijiHideaway, General Manager at Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Robin J,
Sunny greetings from Fiji, and a Bula Vinaka to Robin and your mum. Firstly I would like to take this time to thank you and your mother for chosing Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa for your 2014 vacation. Would also like to thankyou for your time in writing this review and sharing with other reviewers . We are happy to see that you have given some good comments in few areas like : the nightly entertainment, the local village choir, our spa staff, great and very accomodating for which I shall pass this particular comments to the Spa Manager, the prawn dishes which your mother enjoyed eating them, the friendly cleaners who were always assist you with your needs and the friendly waitress serving your meals and drink.. Our team here at the Fiji Hideaway Resort are all about delievering quality holiday experience to our valued guests . It is obvious from your comments, that in your case there were several areas that didnot meet with your expectations . We apologise for this occurrance. I am sorry to hear that your mum choked on a piece of bacon and with the extra help from our staff, she was being assisted with and we would like to advise you that we do take our guests safety very seriously and we have a number of staff fully trained in senior first aid incase something doesnot go as planned. Your 2 hrs drive from the airport with the scary drivers, I shall tke this up to the transport company who has been doing your transportation to and from the airport , and will be taken into task. Also for what you have encounter at reception during your bill payment. It was just the carelessness of our receptionsit and this has being handled by our front office manager who will look into this incident, and again Robyn, we apologise for this which may have caused dissapointment and anger on you.
Robyn, thank you again for your time in writing this review and we will still welcome you back to our Fiji Hideaway, when you have a chance of coming again to Fiji.
Chandar Dutt - General Manager
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Have just returned from seven nights at Hideaway Resort and Spa with my Mum. It was our third visit to our 'home away from home'. I love that the staff remembered us after six years. We stayed in a Fragipani room, which some will think basic. Perhaps the bathrooms are looking a little tired now but I love the outdoor shower.
If you are after a resort where you can do all or nothing and where you are treated like a person and not just a 'customer' think about Hideaway.

2 Thank dibsta
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at the Hideaway for 13 nights in June and loved every second of it. The staff are amazing, friendly and very welcoming. We felt right at home from the first day. Our children loved the complimentary kids club, the waterslide and the all you can eat buffet. It is our new home away from home. We loved the verity on the menu and the tasty deserts. We already miss hearing "Bula" and wish we could go back tomorrow! I would very highly recommend this to people wanting to enjoy their holiday with their children.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are in the process of being revamped.
1 Thank Auriela M
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

From the very first hour until the time we departed, we were treated with kindness, and great respect. The food which was included in our package was first class. We chose to just kick back and relax, and felt very refreshed by the 3rd day. Our villa was beautiful and very clean. A big thank you to all staff..... Bula.....

Room Tip: The villas at the beach front were fantastic
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Vicky H
FijiHideaway, General Manager at Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Bula Vicky H,
On behalf of our Team here at the Fiji Hideaway Resort, I would like to take this time to thankyou for choosing Hideaway Resort as your holiday destination and also taking your time to write and share your holiday experience with the world on trip advisor. We are being honoured of rating our food to a first class and I surely shall relay this to our Chef and his team. And we are also glad to hear of your positive comments about your beautiful and very clean villa.
Vicky H, thankyou again for your time in writing this review and we cannot wait to welcome you back to our beautiful Hideaway.
Warm Regards,
Chandar Dutt -General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
The Pearl Resort
#3 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!