“This Resort Should Be On Your Travel List”

Mango Bay Resort Fiji
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this resort early march 2014 for 7 nights, I had my hesitations but went anyway. So glad I did, what a little hidden paradise with outstanding staff with big hearts. The staff were amazing, friendly and happy all the time. They work very hard and deserve a raise each one of them. Food was yummy and varied every night. There was all day food to buy extra if you were still hungry. I stayed in a beachfront bure that was lovely, simple but very nice. There was an outdoor shower which was awesome. Fun filled activities to do and men had the choice of surfing or fishing as well as other things. The location was 2 hrs drive from Nandi but well worth the rive. Great place to chill in the hammocks or on your perfectly positioned beach. The pool is great, staff were more that obliging to bring drinks to me. WOW the sunsets their are breathtaking, make sure you take a good camera. One thing that really impressed me was the waking up call, beat of drums. Their staff always knew exactly how to keep customers happy. One lovely lady in particular named "Tina" was so helpful and always went that extra mile. Make sure to meet her when you go , she will provide you with anything you need. A cool guy named "Wise" was very good at his job too, would help you in a flash. When you order a drink meet "Bill. Zafrin heaps of others they will make you a drink to remember. All the staff made me feel like their Fiji family and it was the best experience. The bure was daily cleaned by a nice lady "Barley" she will make you smile and have a laugh. I would recommend this resort to everyone I know. I cant wait until I go back.

Room Tip: If you want beachfront then this is for you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Natisha2014

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough of this place!
I'm 26 years old, female British, travelling solo for 2 months and i'm waiting until I get home to review the other hostels I've been in so far, but I couldn't wait for this one as I have been so impressed with the place. It's run by a lovely couple called Danny and Elizabeth. The staff are friendly the whole resort is clean and well kept. The snorkeling is fantastic, there are loads of fish as soon as you put 1 foot in the water! I unfortunately got sick whilst I was here (I have quite a delicate stomach at the best of times) and they took such great care of me. Elizabeth came to my room and brought me bottled water, ginger ale, electrolytes, some dry toast and some plain rice. Both her and Danny also came to check on me later on in the evening to make sure I was ok. Both they and the staff were always looking out for me to make sure I was ok and they cooked me off-menu meals for a few days whilst I was still feeling fragile and didn't want anything too rich.
Some more about the resort. It's about 2-3 hours (depending on how slow your driver is, mine was very slow and had to stop at a few other resorts on the way!) From Nadi but don't let that put you off. The price of the rooms compared to some of the top rated resorts closer by are much cheaper and all rooms are Bures even the dorms.
I was booked into a dorm, but it was being renovated so I was upgraded to a Safari Bure for no extra cost and it was very nice. It's decor is very simple, double bed with mosquito net and two single beds, a safe, a shower sink and toilet, a book case and a small cupboard and side table, and a deck chair outside but there was absolutely nothing more I could have needed so this was ideal for me. The food was lovely and there was a nice selection of stuff, especially for me as I'm quite a fussy eater and don't like fish so there was something for everyone. The complimentary breakfast includes cereals (I only saw full cream milk so I didn't try and cereal) toast and jam and fresh fruit (watermelon pineapple and papaya I think) the water is not safe to drink but there is chilled water free at any time in the restaurant area and you can buy small and large bottled water too.
During the week the evenings were quite quiet but on the Friday night (my last night) some students working/studying in Suva came for a knees up and got the party going! I went to my room between 1-2 am and they were still going, but I couldn't hear the noise from my room so still had a peaceful nights sleep.
There is wifi here too, I purchased 7 days for $75FJD which is a but expensive and a bit of a luxury.
There was a variety of activities to take part in spread throughout the day, but as you are about 1.5hrs from the nearest town, this is a place to go for relaxation, pool lounging, reading a book and sunning yourself, it's not for shopping and sight seeing I wouldn't say.
I felt safe, relaxed and well cared for at all times. I cannot recommend this place highly enough and if I ever come back to Fiji there is no doubt about where I will be staying!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here with my wife last October. Incredible people and some amazing food. The owner's Danny and Liz are the sweetest people. We went out to Sigatoka with them on Fiji Day and drank good rum and cold beer.

It's tucked away from the main road, but the staff are cool and can give you a lift to the main road.

The waterfall nearby is definitely something to check out.Other than that, I didn't do much but read books and drink rum, but some of the guests told me the diving and fishing were top notch.

Sunsets over the coral coast are killer and their swinging hammock chairs are a perfect for this. If you're looking for a chill place to hang out and relax, this is the place.

Hopefully going back next year for some more Fiji Day rum sessions!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CameronBlair
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for 4 days in February before a wedding and if we could have stayed here and traveled to the wedding we would have. The Bure was great and the staff were fantastic.
The only things I would change is the length of our stay (longer) and maybe just maybe add a fridge to the Bure, but an awesome place none the less and a definite yes if we ever get the chance to go back to Fiji.

Room Tip: Go for the Beachfront Bure for sure, they are just amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in a spacious, clean and daily serviced bure. I liked the outdoor bathroom a lot where there were orchids growing next to the shower area. During the day I could do surfing while my girlfriend could sunbath -- a perfect combination ;). The beach is nice and clean with just sand until you can swim. Then you can admire the coral and the fish with the freely available snorkeling masks. If you're done with the salty water then jump in the well maintained pool, order a coconut for just 3 FJD or play a free game of pool or tabletennis. There is an all day menu available if you're hungry any time. The lunch and dinner food is great and the menu contains lots of variations including local specialties. I would prefer some more fiber containing foods for breakfast though. The ambience is nice and cozy, you can see there is payed attention to the surroundings. The garden is also amazing as it is well maintained and full of birds, hibiscus, coconut trees and orchids, all surrounded by a thick layer of nice soft grass so you can roam bare footed everywhere.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Piepz
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have been coming to Mango Bay for years now but this is my first review. If you are looking for a fun-filled, affordable adventure in Fiji then Mango is for you!

Avoid all the families and crazy kids found at the larger resorts and enjoy hanging out with people your own age (20-40yrs).

This place offers the peaceful serenity of a private beach (choose a beach front burre - perfect beach outlook) with a restaurant and bar with ocean views. The pool also overlooks the private beach too and there are hammocks and lounge chairs scattered along the beach front - so grab a book, relax and chill out.

Each day is filled with different activities from quiz nights, to shopping adventures to Suva, to waterfall treks, beach front horse rides to crazy crab races. Best way to meet people is to get involved.

The food is amazing too! And really affordable and the staff there (Tina, Rosa, Danny, Liz, Onni, Illi...) all go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay.

And don't miss out on getting your dive ticket or spending a day out fishing- ask the crew there for more information. And if a snorkeling tour or learning to surf is your thing - speak to Nick from Surfari Fiji which is also run from Mango. So much fun!

Whilst this place is more like a fancy backpackers - it's worth the trek if you just want to drink, sleep, relax and enjoy the company of like-minded people.

Just be prepared for no air conditioning. But don't worry, you get used to weather!

Room Tip: Beach front Burre gives you direct ocean views Choose a bed in the dorm if you are seeking real aff...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lilystar77
MangoFiji, Manager at Mango Bay Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Bula Lilystar77,

Thank you for your lovely comment and we enjoyed having you back again. Our staffs are our jewel and they are the best part of all guest stay.

With heaps of activities to do at the resort and around the resort. It keeps most of our energetic guest busy.

We are a budget accommodation and eco -friendly resort therefore have ceiling fans and of course not forgetting the cool breeze from the ocean.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Vinaka
Mango Bay Team

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here from December 29th-7th of January and after reading so many bad reviews on here we were a bit worried. If there is one thing I must say it is- DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS! This place is absolutely beautiful, from the bures, the beach, the restaurant and the kind employees and owners. We only had one bad experience when the driver from one of our tours did not turn up in the morning to collect us and we're late another day- this however was fixed immediately and we still made our tours. On our last day we were even given our own private table along the beach at sunset with flowers decorating the table and ALL food and drinks complimentary to apologize for this inconvenience. This which we were ridiculously excited and and happy about as it did not bother us that much to begin with! Was a beautiful last treat to a beautiful resort. If you are planning to do a lot of boat or island tours this island is approx 2 hours from denarau marina but most tours offer complimentary transfers from the Warwick hotel which is only approx 15 mins from Mango Bay and only a $30 one way.

Magnificent service! Beautiful beautiful place! Lovely bure, comfortable room. Snorkelling you still manage to see fish off the beach. We would definitely go back if to return to fiji.

Definitely worth the money!!! :) Don't go for something too expensive because you can gain a lot more at a cheaper place( definitely what we realised!!!).

:) Thank you Mango Bay. My partner and I.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Keysie13
MangoFiji, Owner at Mango Bay Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Bula Keysie13,

Thank you for your wonderful comment and we truly appreciate this.

We always look forward to making out guest stay as happy as possible and it gives us great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon with more improved service and facility that is going through a face lift now with Beachfront Bures and reception area being recently upgraded.

Vinaka
Mango Bay Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#2 of 4 in Korolevu

Been to Mango Bay Resort Fiji? Share your experiences!