“The Best Resort On The Coral Coast”
Review of Tambua Sands

Tambua Sands
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We just love this place. This time our family spent 3 1/2 weeks here, it wasnt long enough!
The location, the Bures, the staff all spectacular! This is the most perfect place for a family holiday, its inexpensive, clean, beautiful grounds, cleanest pool I have ever seen. The staff make Tambua Sands what it is today...... it feels like home to us and we would NEVER want to stay anywhere else.
The only thing I will mention, I think the Chef needs a holiday, the food could have been a little better but all of the other positives make this the most wonderful place to stay.
We will be back :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tevita T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Bula Denielle20,

Warm greetings from Tambua Sands Resort. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the customer service provided by our wonderful team, your well-appointed and comfortable room, the amazing sunsets and the beach. We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide your positive comment.
I also appreciate your comments about the staff and the hotel operations in general. In regards to our chef, please be rest assured we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent any future occurrences.
Thank you sincerely for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a lovely small and modest resort with friendly staff and a nice quiet setting on the beach. The bures are basic and a mixture of standard as they have been refurbished in stages - we are told they will all be refurbished next year, possibly becoming a couples-only resort with better quality rooms and obviously higher prices (so get in quick!). Kayaking and snorkelling in the lagoon is shallow and only small areas of coral and fish. The beach is very nice. The pool is small and with limited seating around it - but appropriate for the size of the resort. The restaurant food was good (for Fiji), prices were all pretty reasonable. We really enjoyed our family holiday and it was very relaxing with other nice families and couples. The staff were all lovely.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear TheSnapperWhisperer,

Bula vinaka from the team at Tambua Sands Resort! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent holiday experience on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you and your family quality service with a relaxing, comfortable and most enjoyable holiday! Thank you for highlighting our white sandy beach including our warm Fijian hospitality at the restaurant which has added a delightful ambiance to your experience.
I am also glad that you remarked the food quality at our restaurant. I will definitely share your comments with all our dedicated staff.
Looking forward to welcome you again at our shores on your next trip to Fiji.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had our annual family holiday with our 8 and 10 y.o. This place is a hidden gem. We spent 2 magical weeks, and having travelled many times to Fiji it was certainly our first true Fijian experience. The wonderful staff that come mostly from the neighbouring village make this place and give it the comfortable and happy vibe. Can I recommend you take the time to chat. But remember it is an older style accomodation and we liked the no TV, and limited distractions. The snorkelling is great just off the beach and I would recommend a supply stop on route. We can't wait to return to see the wonderful people and enjoy the natural beauty. Vinaka guys.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Bula LisaBM57,
Thank you for your recent online review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday to Fiji.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

If you like relaxed, slow settings, close to the sea with no computer distractions then this place is great. A 10 minute taxi ride ($25 one way) up the road and you can be amongst 5 star resort types at the Outrigger Resort, but personally I preferred the setting at Tambua. Spacious, simple villas right on the beach.

The only shame is the food. It's not great and has so much potential to be better. And because you're a taxi ride away from any other food really it's a bit frustrating. I'd recommend getting a few basics and fruit on your way from the airport at Sigatoka town - then relax at Tambua and perhaps treat yourself to some meals up by the Outrigger - either at the resort (pricey) or just downhill of it at the beach at La Café or at Bedarra Beach Inn (great food at a much cheaper price).

Room Tip: I guess ask for a villa on the beach front. There's a couple of rows, one in front and one behin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Bula jjcs78,

Thank you for recently online review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks from all our guests as we strive to deliver quality service to all our guests.

The hotel management has reviewed your concerns and has undertaken appropriate measures to address them, in a bid to further improve guest experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the future.

ttuidraki@warwickhotels.com

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have stayed at Tambua Sands for the last two years on our annual Fiji holiday. We just love the relaxed atmosphere and the beautiful reef and ocean views from the beachfront bures. The staff are always smiling and can't do enough for you. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Bula Grant,

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive comment on your previous stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will definitely share your comments with all our staff and I am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to us all, as we strive to provide and deliver quality service to all our guests at the resort.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I look forward to welcome you again at the resort soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. From the moment I arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable and a few steps from the beach! Beautiful! The food was delicious and reasonably priced for a resort. Throughout my weeklong stay nothing was too much trouble for the staff! Needed extra towels? No problem! Can I please eat my lunch by the pool? Sure, I’ll bring it out to you! My boyfriend is sick in the room can I take some breakfast to him? Of course! The pool was on the smaller side but it was clean and really relaxing. The band was fantastic as well! They would walk around the resort and were happy to play requests. On my last night they sang me a traditional Fijian farewell song. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend Tambua Sands to others. Hopefully I can return soon!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Claire J
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Bula Claire,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide positive comment on your previous stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will definitely share your comments with all our staff and I am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to us all, as we strive to continuously improve the qualities of our service to all our guests at the resort.

Thank you for your remarkable comments on our warm Fijian hospitality from our staff including our band boys which they played a major role at the resort by providing memorable experience to all our guests.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about a 10 minute drive from sigatoka along the coral coast amongst the other resorts. There wasn't many people there when I went which is a shame for the resort as it really is a quiet peaceful place.

The bures are situated in a coconut plantation right on the beach. There are some recently renovated ones which have their own little pools and the rooms are amazing. However I stayed in. Slightly older bure but these are still lovely with 3 beds and a clean shower and toilet. After spending a month in suva they are definitely 5 star luxury. The prices are very reasonable and I paid 180 fjd for a beachfront bure with sea views.

The beach is small but still nice and there is a Bay Area that you can snorkel in but it is very shallow At low tide. You get free use of the snorkels and kayaks which is fun.

Every night there is entertainment with men playing ukeleles and they serenade people at table. Everyone is very welcoming and lovely.

My only criticisms are that they charge 60 dollars return for a taxi into sigatoka. You can stand on the main road and get a taxi for 15 dollars one way or a mini bus for 4 dollars return. The other one is the food. For the amount you pay you don't get large portions and this could be improved, however the food was nice.

Overall I'f your looking for a quiet holiday in the sun at a good price I'd 100 percent recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Bula Hannah,

Thank you for your recent online review and for choosing to stay with us at Tambua Sands Resort.

I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality at the restaurant including our in-house serenaders which has added a delightful ambiance to your experience.

I am glad that you remarked the outstanding 5 star service from our staff including the Beachfront sea view bures.
We have a contracted taxi service at the resort which we have been receiving positive feedbacks from our past clients. I will be addressing your concern with their management.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the future.

ttuidraki@warwickhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Bedarra Beach Inn
30 mi away
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
5 mi away
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Tambua Sands? Share your experiences!