Decided to book this resort for a hens party with the bride to be and 2 other bridesmaid, base on reviews on tripadvisor. I've always trusted reviews on tripadvisor, since it's never disappointed me before, but after staying here I'm not so sure anymore....
This is my first ever review and it's simply because the resort was such a horrible experience, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't warn others about it!!!!
Our first impression when arriving was actually nice with welcome drinks and smiles, but it was all downhill from there.... Apparently after asking if we could bring drinks back to our room after a long flight and taxi ride was NOT ok, unless we brought the cups back to the bar???? Really???anyways, no biggy, we just left the drinks with them. After being showed to our room I realised that it had not been what I booked and there was only 1 double bed and a single, not the double and 2 singles on my confirmation letter. I immediately questioned the guy who had taken us to the room and his response was for me to walk all the way back to reception, to ask them myself and grab the keys for him if it was the wrong room ..... I was annoyed, but walked to reception anyways, since all we wanted to do was shower after our flight and make it to our dinner reservation. After showing reception my printed confirmation and a new set of keys.... I repeated the journey 4 times.... Because ever room did not have enough bedding and apparently it was too much work for them to get the keys and the guest had to do it!!!!
Finally at the very very very end of the resort we found the room with the correct bedding, but wait , our luck didn't stop here.... The room smelt bad even after opening all windows, toilet and bathroom was disgusting, sheets dirty and dead cockroaches!!! Receptions response... Oh that room probably wasn't used for awhile, that's all....
To be honest after that experience we stayed at the resort only for sleeping and avoided eating, drinking or doing anything there!!!!
We ate at the other resorts and the staff was amazing!!! Even with minimal time spent at the resort, all 4 of us still experienced bad service and it ruined a special occasion for the bride to be.
I could continue to go on, but I don't think anyone would want to read such a long review since what I've mentioned was only the
first day!!! Please avoid at all cost, not worth it at all especially when you're there to get away!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 17 pristine acres on the breathtaking Coral Coast of Fiji, Tambua Sands Beach Resort is a South Pacific escape for the soul. Bathe in the warm South Pacific waters, relax on a white sand beach, and articlee in to our blue lagoon and fresh water pool. Discover a romantic vacation getaway, where you are free to relax, indulge, play, eat, celebrate and fall in love at our spectacular Fiji luxury resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tambua Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambua Sands Sigatoka
- Tambua Sands Hotel Sigatoka
- Tambua Sands Fiji/Sigatoka