Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
Excellent 5/5
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgravel roadthe open air showerno electricity during the dayfish in coconut milkhot watercoral coastisland hoppingcurriesa true fijian experiencestayed nightsmain islandhorse ridesound of the wavesstayed longerceiling fanreef shoesbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Firstly the cons: When we arrived there we were told that we would have only 4 hours of power supply. So, come prepared if you want to charge your batteries its just this 4 hour slot that you have to make do with.. For all you happy eco-tourists read on :)
Its off the highway by about 15 minutes. So, if your idea of a good holiday is to be close to civilization, doing a number of tours throughout your stay, you'll have to fork out extra to be picked up from here
You are not surrounded by shops and restaurants. Now, depending on what you choose to do on a holiday its a good thing or a bad thing :)
If you have read this far and feel i dont see why anyone would have an issue with it then, i would strongly recommned that you book your stay here for 2-3 days :)
I cannot stop raving about the views. All villas open up to the lagoon at the back. The beach is about 20 metres away from the villa! And what a beautiful aqua blue the lagoon is! straight out of a "photo shopped" post card. Its unbelievable that the pricing is so low for such a beautiful setting. Give this place to a hotel chain and they will triple the price.

How can i not mention Oley.. who took such good care of us while we were there.. she made sure that every thing was in order.. and was keen on suggestions to make the place better.. loved the long chats that we had with her

Food was prepared using ingredients from the farm.. The fruits were delicious and the food finger licking good.. when we finally got the bill - we were taken aback as to how cheap it was!

Go to Namuka Bay for its peace, its tranquility and as a break from the hectic pace we lead our lives.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhitam
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This burgeoning property has magnificent potential, but has a little way to go to tick all the boxes. The spot although isolated provides beautiful white sandy beaches and absolute peace and quiet. Forget taking your laptop and mobile phone reception is patchy at best. Generator powered electricity is available from 6pm to around 9pm. Did not experience any problems with the hot water. Stayed in an oceanfront villa, sitting on the verandah provided uninterrupted views of the beach. Glad there was nobody staying in the adjoining villa as the verandah is shared. Other than that the standard and cleanliness of the room was fine. Snorkelling is extremely safe as beach is protected by a coral reef, but like most places on the Coral Coast the coral is dead, but there are plenty of brightly coloured fish and brillant blue starfish. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The real issue I had was with the food. OK so it's cheap, but we did return a dish because it was inedible. There is nothing wrong with the produce. Its very fresh and grown on site, it's just the execution of some of the dishes. There are nice little touches like being able to take your meals in private on your verandah. This is actually preferable to the dining area as it has no views. The shining light was eating the owner's wife's curry. Best roti I've tasted and I loved the homemade chutney. We did suggest that she should be in charge of a curry night. If they could just raise the bar in the food department, I would return again and again as a place for total peace and quiet and relaxation. One important thing make sure you take cash with you. There are no credit card facilities either in the Nadi office or at the property.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bronwyn1970
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed here on my own for 5 nights. I booked a dorm but was upgraded to my own room, which was a really good deal.
I was in the Standard Room which was clean. Cold shower (probably due to the lack of power) but I manage well - quite refreshing to have a cool shower in warm weater.
The beach was stunning - crystal clear sea and safe swimming due to the reef break further out.
Food was excellent and as has said before bought to your room. I was actuall the only person at the whole resort for my whole stay, which really confuses me. Maybe more marketing? I picked the brochure up and on of the places I stayed but at the other 3 there were no brochures of this place. And I did stay between Nadi and Namatakula so the place isn't exactly far away.
The brochure advertises internet but as the power has not come down that far, yet, be aware there isn't any. My roaming Vodaphone coverage worked very well.
The journey down the dirt track is 7kms and I would suggest a 4 wheel drive to get there.
I would definately go back, probably only if the weather is good for the beach as there would be nothing nmuch to do, its not easy to just pop out and do some shopping!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
namukabay, Public Relations Manager at Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2011

Bula Guests,

many thanks for your review and very much appreciate that. the resort is an Eco-tourism resort and nature is taken into consideration and electricity is available at the resort including the internet services upon request access to the modem directly. many things to do at resort itself and they are listed below: -

Snorkeling, Kayaking, Sanctuary Limestone Cave Visiting, Ecological Site discovered by Fiji Museum, Camping, Hand-line Fishing, Trekking, Horse Riding, Coconut Water Drinking, and many more...

looking forward to your stay with us again and have a pleasant and enjoyable season.

kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2011

After our vacation, this place deserves a mention-what surprised me the most was that not lot of people know about this place and the locality....as the other review has mentioned...its a ride as the road is not that good...a decent road...nevertheless, the ride thru the hills is just breathtaking, you see the seas, and getting to the resort-you will find yourself surrounded with huge forest...it was so peaceful, as very quiet & tranquility about the place...
The Villas are huge, with an outdoor shower, you sit on your deck, and just watch the sunset and hear the waves crashing onto the shores....lots of coral washed on the shore, the beach was clean, there is a huge wave break, but we did not try to surf as we had no board... The rooms were well kept, power is run on generator...rooms are fan cooled, and you don't even get to use the fan as the sea breeze just wafts in...
There is no Bar & Restaurant, i asked the owners they were starting to build, we were served all our meals on our villa deck, the chef is great...very fresh, and they have papayas all grown on the resort......
The resort is run by a family, well coordinated, we got a decent rate which included all meals, which was pretty cheap, and it was a holiday for us but felt like a Honeymoon...the rooms are just gorgeous.....
The resort was very quiet ; I guess they did not have many guests, as a new resort, not many people know about Namuka.
Lovely resort, great for those looking for relaxing, quiet, holiday, this is the place

Room Tip: the Villas
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelHelp0
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I have had the pleassure to spent one night in this hotel and I could say is one of the best lodgements in Coral Coast.
It's a little dificult to get in but when you arrives there it seems to be another world. The service is excellent with Ole managing whatever you needs and also you have a nice bay, beach, excellent food...all you need for a peacefull stay.
Don't fear to go to this hotel because you won't forget it never!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xaviur
namukabay, Owner at Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Bula Xavier,

As our guest has mentioned, the service in terms of Bay, Beach, Food and accommodation.
A little elaboration on that; the resort is directly situated on the beach so no difference from being on an island, the food is awesome with a combination of Authentic Indian Dishes, Traditionally prepared Fijian Dishes, and mixture of Foreign Dishes. all the ingredients are organic that is grown and produced at the farm, all vegetables grown and all meat produce are grown to maintain quality and not frozen. the beach is for you without any interruptions and disturbance.

If you are looking for Value of your stay with Services that suit your needs, where guests are put to our first priority - Namuka Bay Resort is the place to go.