“♡♡♡Bedarra”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Armidale, Australia
“♡♡♡Bedarra”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've just spent a wonderful week at Bedarra Beach Inn. Our daughter got married at The Outrigger however our family, the groom's family, most of the 60 wedding guests, & the bride & groom chose to stay at Bedarra. After spending some time visiting the Outrigger during the week we are all so glad we chose Bedarra. The rooms were clean & spacious with air con & fans. No TV or phone in the rooms ensured we had a quiet & relaxing stay. The restaurant food was delicious & reasonably priced, the cocktails were the best. The best thing about Bedarra by far is the staff - happy, friendly men & womem who went out of their way to make our stay special. They knew all our names & we felt part of the Bedarra family. Betta, Vani, Manoa, Jonathan, Mateo, & the lovely ladies who serviced our rooms daily. A special mention also to Giten the duty manager who made sure we were well looked after all the time and who was more than happy to make special arrangements for our large group. Vinaka vaka levu to all our new Bedarra friends, we look forward to going back there again.

4 Thank DebzRas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Being from Fiji I've managed to visit quite a few resorts in the country.

That being said,I found myself booking a room at the Bedarra for a wedding I was attending at the Outrigger. The Bedarra was suggested to me by my family from Australia so I took their suggestion without question... and boy am I glad I did.

1. The room was clean, decore was nice and I love the creative figures they make out of hand towels.

2. The staff are the best I've experienced anywhere!!! Kindness at a new level and they actually get to the know the guests as well (it's as if they've known you for ages)

3. Happy hour! Everyday we made the most of the 5 - 6pm happy hour at the bar

4. Did I mention amazing staff? We had actually forgotten a watch on the beach.. My sister went crazy looking for it. We checked with reception and one of the maintanence staff had found it and logged it in lost and found. Nt only that, the day he saw us, he came up to us to advise that he had found the watch and left it at reception. That just gave me a massive amount of respect for the bedarra staff!!

4. Location - I love the location in the sunset strip. Right by the beach (white sand and blue ocean) a pool and neighboring restaurants and hotels to visit as well!

5. Food - ahh I ordered the prawn curry an my sis orders the ahi tuna. DELICIOUS!!!!! I loved it (took a bit of time to get the good after the order it that's my only minor negative).

All in all I found this to be my new favorite resort! Thanks to the bedarra and the amazing staff for making my visit one I will never forget :-)

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Lionel R
Albury, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I am really struggling to put our stay into words.... Room was spacious,The Restaurant was superb, the staff warm and welcoming and genuinely interested in each and everyone of us. We arrived ahead of our party for a family wedding. Our family was treated like royalty. Other guests had some special needs and these were catered for beautifully.The hospitality shown to our group whether or not they stayed at Bedarra was just like we had invited them to our home and without even saying anything everything was looked after.
We were on a tight budget but felt as though we had ten star service at very reasonable prices.
The sense of fun and shared humour was terrific. The young children,cherished by the staff, were all catered for too. One family was there under very recent tragic circumstances having lost a family member the week before and they had hesitated to travel. They were very,very glad they made the effort as they would have missed their son's wedding if they hadn't. It takes a very special place to raise people's spirits under these circumstances.
We cannot fault this venue at all!
Sus and Don Leayr
Albury

2 Thank AussieSusanna
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We arrived at this place for happy hour - 24 people - and stayed for dinner. We had no reservation and yet the staff set up a dining area on the first floor without fuss and accommodated 2 small children as well. The meal was excellent and great value with most dishes being around AU$17. The restaurant overlooked the coral lagoon and we watched the sunset. Musicians played downstairs creating a great atmosphere. Jonathan, our waiter, was sensational and nothing was too uch trouble.
I spoke to the owner, David about his hotel. The tariff is around AU$127 for room and breakfast. If we were to return, this is certainly a hotel we would consider. Couldn't recommend the restaurant more highly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chefAussie
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just recently we stayed 2 nights at Bedarra and it has been the best weekend of my life. I can say that with confidence. From an awesome welcome to great rooms.. complimentary foot massage... free activities (kayaking and snorkerling)..friendly staff and a perfect location overlooking the coral coast.

One thing that i really enjoyed is their "in room Catalog" which is too damn funny lol. Cant forget their 3 rules:

Rule 1: Relax
Rule 2: Refer to Rule 1
Rule 3: Refer to Rule 2

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fazeel R
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

First of all I'll say I didn't stay at the Bedarra ... I was staying at the Outrigger for a wedding. I do know others who did stay here and they enjoyed it. I'll leave them to convey their experiences but I do wish to pass on my own experience with the Bedarra.

We wandered down from the Outrigger one night to enjoy the happy hour and have a look around. The prices were great and the staff very friendly. We got talking to one of the staff who helped us understand the real Fiji.

Upon leaving he asked if he would see us again the next night, and we said we were returning home tomorrow. He then arranged the staff to gather and sing us a fantastic rendition of "Isa Lei" - the Fijian farewell song. This was certainly one of the highs of our trip - we didn't even get such a personalized farewell from our hotel. To think this warmth was conveyed from a hotel we weren't even staying at and only visited for a couple of hours. It is a shining example not only of what their hotel has to offer but what the real Fiji is all about.

To the staff there (and as the song says) ...
Lomaqu voli me'u bau butuka
Tovolea ke balavu na bula

Will definitely see you next time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DarrenPI
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were on holidays in November 13 on FIJI. Stayed in Bedarra Beach. Nice and quiet place to stay. I booked a room for my family long before through booking.com based on reviews, but several months later my sister decided to come and on the booking .com site there weren't any rooms any more, I contacted hotel directly and David (manager and owner) was very helpful and gave us another room, so we could enjoy holidays with whole family. David also gave me some advises about places where we can exchange money and buy local sim. We came to Nadi airport and I exchanged only aud100 for the taxi coz in Nadi we found better rates in western union-you also can negotiate rate depends on how much money you want to exchange. I didn't use cards, ATM coz they have lots oа hidden commissions and I prefer to have cash as its easer to use it on fiji. Hotel a bit old, but in good condition, has small swimming pool, situated straight on the beach, but if you expect to swim there - you can't coz lots of corals in the water, but thats good for snorkeling and kayaking. Water clean and warm. All equipment is free. Our room was big, tidy, had ceiling fan and conditioner. Staff in hotel good and friendly. We have only one issuer with lady who lived next door and smoked on the balcony all the time so all fumes coming to our room. Unfortunately hotel isn't smoke free, so people can smoke everywhere except their rooms. But she left after four days we coming so we didnt have any problems further. Restaurant good quality but a bit more expensive than Le Cafe (100m right) or Kokos Bar (200m left). Both have good and tasty cuisine so I can recommend them if you want to save money. Thomas in Kokos bar was amazing - fantastic customer service. We rented a car almost all the time so for good relaxing rest on the beach and swimming we drove to Interncontinental - where was the best Fiji's Natadola beach. Its about 32 km from Bedarra. Sigatoka - 8 km - has small market and supermarkets. We rented a car in FIJI CHAUFFEURS - behind the Le Cafe - and I can say that Shana- owner and her son Michael - director were very helpful and flexible in negotiating about price. Finally we rented Toyota Filder - at least twice cheaper probably more than you can rent in airport or in town. They also have Beach Side restaurant with tasty and nice food-prices cheaper than in hotels. I can strongly recommend their company if you want to rent car fuss free. We drove to Suva - around 2 hours drive from Coral Coast, to Nadi (1 hour drive), Lautoka (appr. 1 hour 30 min) - good fruit market there, and to Denarau - port near Nadi. If you want to have good one day island tour - I can reccomend PJS -they have tour to Plantation island with snorkeling on the reef near the island. Amazing yacht crew - lots of fun, good attendance all the time especially if you traveling with kids. We negotiated the price in Fijis Finest tours - agency in Denarau and finally instead of 850 fd (as it was in there booklets), payed 750 with delivery from Coral Coast. Tour was extremely good organized. We also went to waterfall around 20-30 min drive from Bedarra to Suva direction. The villagers nearby - mostly lazy and as they considered themselves as a waterfall owners - trying to get money from tourist, I told with local old man who worked in plantation and he told me that lazy young guys in village dont want to work, just organizing fake kawa ceremonies and trying to sell you photos from 150 fd also try to provide you guide service - which we refused as there was only one path to waterfall anyway. But we still payed them 25 fd each as we left a car in there village. So be careful with them. Generally try to negotiate every price - as they normally put double price on all goods (mostly souvenirs) - you can save till 50% on all your expenses. Went to pottery village - 5 min drive from Sigatoka if you make right turn on the roundabout. Good place and good people which really work for the money. Petrol price - high - 2,60 per liter- more expensive than in AU. But anyway rent a car for the price we rented - was cheaper than hiring a taxi. I can say that Fiji - good place for having a rest, but become a bit boring after 10 days, so I reckon - 10 days would be enough for Fiji :) and I wont come back here as the prices is even sometimes more expensive than in AU and in Asia you can probably spent two months on that money which we spent here for two weeks :))))

Room Tip: we stayed room #4 - very good and big room on the ground floor