“Vatukarasa”

Suva, Fiji
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Vatukarasa”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

the ideal Fijian village with a lot of friendly people and warm hospitality that will blow you away. And also where the Baravi Handicraft is located where we bought a lot of souvenirs. Just awesome to check out and you wont regret it.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank JAyBotHA

Forster, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Next Home”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

GO and be amazed - Don't take anything for granted at your home - The villagers are beautiful people and the kids love lollies and small gifts. A must visit - We made a $100fd donation to the church...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave D
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Impressed”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We did the tour to the Vatukarasa Village and was impressed with the information provided by the tour guide. The tour included a visit to the school and was amazing to see the young kids who were in boarding school. Any donations to the school was appreciated & the kids went into a frenzy to receive the small donations of pens, pencils, books, clothes.
Do consider taking donations for the young children.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank Travel_Bug1109
Melbourne, Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Join the locals”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Enjoyed the local markets and shopping district
Did not enjoyed getting pounced on by the local Indian salespersons when looking at the items for sale, at least the Fijian salespersons gave you time to look at the items and if you had questions they then came over for assistance

Visited April 2013
Cairns, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Village welcome”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

As a Early Childhood Educator in Australia, I was keen to meet with the local Kindergarten to see the area and take things they needed. I spoke with the reosrt where I was staying before I left Australia and they told me that the Kindergarten needed posters and reading books. I got a collection of clothing for all of the families in the vilage as well as reading books and posters. When I took them into the Kindy, Vinaka was aplenty!! The children were wonderous as they looked through their new things and they sang a lot of songs to say Vinaka and show us what they are learning. I am happy to say that I have Amelia's contact details and the children from my Kindergarten will be working on letters to the children in Fiji! A great experience and well worth the visit!

Visited November 2012