“Will not stay here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Studio 6

Studio 6
Studio 6
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Suva
Sydney, Australia
“Will not stay here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very tired and desperate to check in somewhere, after travelling from one place to another during a very hot summer day (approx. 39 - 40 degrees) looking for a decent place that had an air-condition. After checking 4 other hotels just to stay the night with my son and then travel towards the north of Vitilevu island before we return to Sydney. We were exhorted by the time we came to studio 6 looking around in a taxi but then decided to stay the night there since it had air-condition. OMG the bed sheets, towels and pillow cases were very, very old and stained. Cockroaches scrolling around, toilet was so dirty with mould stains that I had to request for another cleaner with some bleach or antibacterial chemicals to clean the toilet and the sink.
moulds every where in the shower area plus bed room. We were too sick to touch anywhere around with our naked hands. We used tissues as hand gloves around even spread rolls of toilet paper over the toilet sit when we need to use. We spread another large material over the bed whilst we sleep. So Sad the we had to pay prior to this as they do no have refund if you wish to leave. Receptionist lady not very friendly after requesting for some phone numbers to other hotels in order for us to check-out the next morning. We went out the whole afternoon and only came to lay out back for couple of hours till morning till we check out. But The porter was the only friendly gentlemen there.!!!!! Will not recommend this place again only unless they lift the standard.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more for a quality place well above $150.00
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Afayloulou S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I am giving this place 2 stars because the people who work there are very friendly and there is air conditioning, Other than that Studio 6 is a total dump. We traveled from Savusavu which took about 12 hours and were exhausted and starving when we checked in so just dropped our bags and left to eat. When we came back it was too late to either move rooms or check out so we were stuck staying in this cockroach infested dump. i woke up in the morning to find 3 cockroaches on my toothbrush. The bed sheets had stains on them, the bathroom was moldy, and the room was in such a poor condition. There were literally hundreds of baby cockroaches all over the place and I even found a few in my suitcase. Ive been in Fiji for 5 months know and know what $105 FJD can get you and expected SO much more from Studio 6. We were in room 505, maybe some of the other rooms are better? But I doubt that.

Room Tip: dont stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BonnieLeighHoffman

Travellers are raving about these Suva hotels

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at Studio 6 some years ago and it was passable cheap accommodation. No longer. The room I got smelt strongly of mould, the door although lockable was loose in the frame, very noisy air con, the mattress was well past its use by date and lighting in the room was inadequate. Whilst the staff were friendly and helpful, the whole place is in desperate neat of refurbishment. Give it a miss for now.

Room Tip: Couldn't find a decent one!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ycshell
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Although we almost always stay in budget accommodations, this one was not a good experience. We looked at the room before committing to it and found it acceptable - it was clean and it had a small refrigerator and an electric kettle. We also found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. My husband was having surgery that evening and would be spending the night at the medical center, so I stayed at the hotel for a night by myself. Sleep was next to impossible. The people in the room next to mine were talking until 11 p.m. Their conversation wasn't overly loud, but the walls were so thin and the rooms have no insulation (tile floors and nothing on the walls to absorb sound) that they sounded like they were in the same room as me. When they finally stopped talking and went to bed, the neighborhood dogs started barking, and they barked almost incessantly during the night. A couple of times, the barking dogs woke up a baby who started crying. Additionally, the bed was uncomfortable - I felt like I was sleeping on springs with no padding. There was no way my husband would get any post-surgery rest at this hotel, so I checked out the next morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jan S
Viti Levu, Fiji
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

i had stayed here previously with friends and we had no problems, very nice place and conveniently located.

During my last stay, i was bitten by bedbugs all over my body, there was a nest located on the headrest and when i showed it to housekeeping, they acted as if this was a normal occurrence. I informed the front office and i did not even get an apology and or refund.

choose somewhere else when staying in Suva city

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Local Tourist T
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The smell of urine reached out to you as you opened the door, the bedsheets were oil stained, soiled and not freshly laundered at all. We booked a family room and understood there to be two bedrooms, one bedroom was locked. The bath towels were soaking wet and the bathroom floor towel was filthy. What a grotty place, I felt unsafe because the pool was right outside our room and the windows did not close properly. We did not stay the night there at all, we high tailed out of there to the Holiday Inn...

Room Tip: Only if you are really stuck, desperate or on a budget and not fussed.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary L
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

The room I stayed in was very nice :) , When I first came it was very clean especially the bathroom , hot water, warm water, very cold water, a smooth toilet. Comfortable beds where i could sleep in them all day. Although the downside was room service is very slack , We had to wait in a friends room (LUCKILY!) from the afternoon to roughly the evening especially since I only saw about just one or two ladies cleaning every room on campus. ... along with only one man just standing there talking about his holiday to them, Very unprofessional, but friendly which is an average ! . When my 'room mate' asked them to repair our air con which repeatedly broke , as well as the remote. that was a 'rate down' .

But I would love to visit here again . :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family