“habit forming”
Review of Guava - CLOSED

Guava
Reviewed 23 September 2012

local, quiet, out of the way, extremely friendly, and consistently good menu. if you're not familiar with Suva may have to hunt around to find it on one of Suva's original streets

There are newer reviews for Guava

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Well hubby and I totally disagree on this one. I liked it. Lots of fresh ingredients, I was really craving fresh salad. I would agree it is overpriced. I had a chicken and cous cous salad which was tasty and lovely but hubby was not impressed with what I got for the money! Meanwhile he was in the mood for a roast dinner. And the menu advertised roast beef. But it was a poor cut, with a bit too much fat, and the accompaniments were things like rice - not the roast beef dinner a yorkshireman is after!! Also it was really hard to find and even the taxi drivers were just driving about randomly for a while. By the time we got there I think hubby was so far past hungry that he was not in the best frame of mind and he was still hungry when we left. So I guess it depends on your expectations of what you order. I liked the ambiance, and I'd go back for a relaxed meal if I was feeling flush financially, but I couldn't drag hubby back kicking and screaming!!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I chose Guava as the venue of my parent's 80th birthday and rave reviews were received from all the guests! Janey really did make it a special event.

Daily lunches are great as well and Guava also now offers dinners on Wednesdays and Thursdays which is great!

1  Thank LorraineJM
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I really like the ambience at Guava, the place has such a nice feel.

The food is really nicely presented, but both times I've been there it has failed to live up to expectations. I went for breakfast and had difficulty finding something appetising in the menu - nothing healthy and refreshing. When the big breakfast came, I sent 80% of it back. The staff didn't ask why. Bad ingredients, dripping in oil, lack of colour texture and freshness. None of the ingredients on the plate tasted as it should. I was particularly disappointed because I really like the staff, and enjoy the setting, and had begun with modest expectations - choosing a dish that I thought was difficult to get wrong.

I would encourage the staff to invite some discerning guests for a taste testing and feedback day - at least for the breakfast sitting - so that they can improve the menu and restore Guava to its full potential.

2  Thank Jessybeats
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I found myself in Korotoga, Fiji, trying to find an appropriate venue for a wedding lunch in Suva. I did have fond memories of this little place called GUAVA Restaurant and asked Chef Janey King-Lilo if she could accommodate my party.
Did she accommodate !.......Her food and service were beyond my expectation. She served an amazing feast, balancing indigenous Fijian and western cuisine to perfection. Every dish was superb, served family style, perfect for an intimate family gathering. I could not begin to describe the chocolate wedding cake, served with fresh fruit and ice cream......pure decadence ! The bride, groom, and their families will cherish the hours at GUAVA RESTAURANT forever !

TANK YOU !!! Chef Janey, you are AMAZING !!

K.M.S.