“Just Enough for a few days!”
Review of Holiday Inn Suva

Holiday Inn Suva
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Suva
Nanjing, China
“Just Enough for a few days!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Quiet expensive really for the rooms but what can you do when its the only 4 star one in suva. Rooms are Way better than Tanoa, we had the garden view room its big enough for 4, the staff were very attentive which is great. Hotel though does need alot of upgrades since GPH moved in next door, maybe the price will come down abit since theirs competition next door? but all in all if your looking for a room that doesnt drive you crazy then dont bother cheap hotels, stay at HI

Room Tip: The Garden View rooms are much quieter since they are the furthest from the main road (closer to the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannon083
Holiday_Inn_Suva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Bula Shannon083

Thank you for your review regarding your stay here at Holiday Inn Suva. It certainly made our day to hear about our attentive staff. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Preston Miskelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Delhi
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A long journey via Sydney and Nadi took me to the far away island of Suva in Fiji. The long hours on the flight had my sense of time and direction twisted out of shape and I was tired to the core, badly in need of a proper place to rest.
The hotel is 22 km from Nausori airport. It is a two storey building on Victoria parade road with a pool overlooking the sea at the back. The checking in was fast and smooth. My room was somewhere across the reception lobby, across the bar, out onto the pool area, across the garden, in a door, up the stairs, take the corridor and reach your door. The room was comfortable and well furnished. The wash basin was not inside the bathroom as is usual, but out in the room. The balcony faced the garden and sea outside and made for a lovely view in the early mornings. The room tea-coffee maker had an interesting variety of teas sachets. After a quick dinner, I retraced my way to the room on the first floor to catch up on some much needed sleep.
In the morning I woke up to find a lovely rainbow across the sea. At the buffet breakfast, the spread was very well laid out with a wide range on offer. The staff was always attentive, caring and very warm.
During the three day stay, I had to come in and go out twice, maybe thrice every day and each time the smiling welcome at the entrance was a delight.
The location of the hotel was most convenient, as almost everything including the handicrafts market was at five minutes walking distance. By the second day of criss-crossing Suva, all roads seemed familiar and the sight of the hotel from a distance was like homecoming.
The location and the staff attitude are the best offerings of the hotel and I wish all hotels could make their staff to guest interactions so pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BiswasB
Bula BiswasB

Thank you for your review on your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room facilities, the food and also the breakfast served at our newly renovated Mediterranean restaurant Sirocco. Thank you for your comments regarding the warm hospitality of the staff - it is something that we're most proud of. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn while travelling for business. I understand that the hotel is one of the few, if not the only, alternative in town.

I'll start with the positive. As a business hotel is pretty functional. The internet connection works well, the room has a desk, there is a gym and it is opened until 10 pm. The restaurant has an outdoor dining area next to the pool which is quite pleasant. The service has reasonable speed. Pizzas are tasty, try the four cheeses one. The staff is very helpful and kind. My room rate included both internet and breakfast.

The rooms however are old and could do of some serious renovation. Carpet is all over, and as a consequence the place is dusty and moldy. The safe was locked when I got into my room, and a huge bug paid me a visit after dinner.
In fairness, I did not even try to get a better room, as I only stayed for two nights. I understand that some areas of the hotel have been renovated, so people might want to ask for those.

Last point, as in many places in the South Pacific, financial services are pretty bad, and the hotel charges almost 3% surcharge if one pays by credit card. I understand the constraints imposed by the local banking services, but credit card companies charge fees all over the world, and that is usually not pass through the customers. I would have thought that a chain like Holiday Inn could do a bit better on this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Bula Martyton

Thank you for you review on your recent stay here at Holiday Inn. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room facilities, gym and also the wood fired pizzas. We acknowledge your comments regarding the carpet and we look forward to our renovation in the near future to modernise our rooms. I have passed on your concerns regarding the safe being inoperable at the time of arrival to our housekeeping team to ensure it is open and ready for use for all arriving guests. I understand your concerns regarding the credit card transaction fee as it is not prevalent in all countries. I can assure you that this is a consistent practice in Fiji, Australia and New Zealand. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

my partner and I stayed a week at the holiday in in Suva in June and again we loved it so much !
I cannot ever remember staying in a hotel I have loved more. Staff you are spectacular you all make this place amazing and the music in the evenings is outstanding to say the least . - such a lovely atmosphere and helpful people everywhere who cant do enough for you. THANK YOU again you make me want to keep visiting over and over again - we love you to bits ....

Room Tip: prefer the rooms on the water side this side was garden and nothing much to look at but the rooms ar...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Suva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Bula jett66255068
Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Suva. It is much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear that you both had an enjoyable time
and that our staff had such an impact on your stay. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Leven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

stayed one night and was very impressed rooms service food and laid back atmosphere nice gardens five minute walk to all other shops bars bus station places of interest ,no noise from main part of young party goers

Room Tip: bottom floor has walk out garden
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Suva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Bula ray2014
Thank you for review on your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed the facilities rooms, service and the food provided. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

ad a couple more). The a/c wasn't working, so they had to move us to another room. Two days later moved back to suite and comped a free dinner, I thought they could have comped more especially since
I'm a faithful I.H.G customer and Platinum member. The rest of the stay was good because we were out all day at a conference and other related business. Had to extend 4 days (once again wish they had more suites) I had to move out of my suite and into a queen room because they don't have any king rooms on the ground floor. The staff is what makes the difference.

Maureen is an excellent duty manager and took care of of any issues we faced. Lani, Lucille made my mornings, afternoons, and evenings with their smiles and personalized greetings every time we'd walk through the lobby.

Elisio and Mika are very good at getting things done when needed.

The dinning room staff were very friendly at every meal and even though I was the only one watching the NBA finals in the lounge area the bar maid made sure my meal was served properly.

We're actually flying back to Fiji and will be staying here again in late June.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Bula RodneyChand
Thank you for your kind review. It is wonderful so many staff made a positive impact on your stay. I apologise for the inconvenience with the air-conditioning and we will ensure this doesn't occur on your return. Thank you for your continued loyalty as an IHG Platinum Member and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn, Suva on a number of occasions and have always felt comfortable. The staff is very friendly and efficient from front desk, porters, dining staff to housekeeping. Any small issue (not many!) that I have raised has been well dealt with efficiently and with a smile. It is well located, close to, but not in the middle of the hustle of the town and close to government departments for business. Rooms overlooking the pool and the water are great for relaxing after a day's work.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building overlooking the pool and sea are great, but can have noise from the band...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Bula SydneyWest

Thank you for your review on your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Suva. It is great to hear from our regulars that our friendly and efficient service keeps you coming back. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in again in the near future.

Preston Miskelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suva
Grand Pacific Hotel
Peninsula International Hotel
Tanoa Plaza Suva
Tanoa Plaza Suva
#6 of 12 in Suva

Been to Holiday Inn Suva? Share your experiences!