“Great Staff, Great Service, Great Sea Views” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Tanoa Plaza Suva
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Suva
Sydney
“Great Staff, Great Service, Great Sea Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Check in at the hotel took only 5 minutes. Porter assisted with a smile and immediately walk away once he has nicely placed your luggage (unlike some hotel porters who wait for tips). Excellent views from top floor to the city, sea, the government buildings and overall the Suva city. Walking distance to city is 5 minutes.
Very clean white towels, bedspread and clean toilet & bath. Very impressed.
Staff are courteous, respectful, honest and delivered service as per our expectations.
Even the staff looking after the car park was very polite & respectful.
Great meals and great service.
We had the most wonderful stay at the Tanoa Hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Bula Vinaka JantiAustralia,

It is my pleasure to take this time to say thankyou, your review was read out to my staff a day before we took part in our Tanoa Hospitality Games held in Nadi. It was indeed motivating to everyone in our team and certainly a great boost for all, so therefore at the end of the day, our Plaza Team walked away with Gold, Silver & Trophies. Again guests feedback can either break us or make us strong, so we stayed strong and showing more improvements in our team, work & products that we offer.

Right now, our goal is to look into guests rooms etc and improving facilities and services that we offer. If you are in Suva, please give me a ring, so i can fill you in the changes that is happening.

Once again, my staff and I are grateful for your review, see you soon

Mere Rakoroi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed here one night before I was leaving fiji prior to that I had been staying in novotel lami, location wise it was a little out of the main town would cost a little more to get to the town and back. But even if that I combined with the room that you can get at novotel (ocean view, high end furnishing great view modern clean) and the room cost you about $200fjd it would be a lot cheaper. Now coming back to Tanoa plaza cost me $275 for the first room (202) horrible view actually no view at all. All I could see was the tin roof, curtains were half hanging down room smelled like dust old furnishing tv was so small carpets were old the shams were stained, the bedding was dusty. The decorative pillow was so old and run down. Then I decided to pay a little more switched to 606 for about $293 fjd the only difference was that at least I had a view two complementary Fiji water, and a color ful runner across bed and the same material for the decorative pillow. Still smelled like dust 1 hour in the room I was having a hard time breating because it was soo dusty, complained at the reception I would say that they took quick action and cleaned the room and sprayed some "air freshner" bathroom was rather clean but the flush button of the toilet was on the wall so far away! Why?? It was crazy, I took a nap woke up it was crazy hot my bf and I had to call the reception for maintenance to have a look at it, maintenance was fast came in changed the whole A/C was fast and convinent. Had a bad experience with tanao I would not be coming back, I really regretted checking out of novotel a day before I was supposed to.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank manishap3
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Bula Vinaka Manishap3,

Thankyou for your review, i really appreciate that you given me detailed information about what i can do, to improve the products that we offer. For the month we are trialing out rate packages at the counter however, for better deals our hotel site offers more affordable rates.

Again Manishap3, you have been very specific and helpful on your review, and i am indeed thankful. if you are ever in town, please let me know, i will be happy to assist and most interested to hear about your views.

Mere Rakoroi

Travellers are raving about these Suva hotels

Church Stretton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here for six nights on a recent business trip to Fiji. The rooms were OK, but not very inspiring. We only ate bar snacks here one evening that were OK, too - but nothing special. Breakfast annoyed me most days - the staff seemed to be more interested in chatting or counting money and filling in forms, than in coming over and asking if you wanted tea or coffee (the only thing they really needed to do, as it was the usual self-service buffet). It's not as if the dining room was crowded - it never was! Adequate, but nothing more. Location is good and central, though.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are apparently better
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pethos
Bula Vinaka Pethos,

Thankyou for your review, I really appreciate your comments, we are indeed making changes with our room facilities despite the size, we will work on progress from here and also you mentioned about the service delivery, i will look into my staffs and making sure that attention to details is important, especially for every guests that walks into our hotel and uses our facilities.

Again Pethos, leave this with me and i will look into your concerns, if there is anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me direct.

Byron Bay, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Front Desk staff were friendly and quick, rooms were nice, but the food in the Dining Room was terrible!! Kitchen staff too busy talking to each other, always sitting down having meals themselves whilst guests waited, and they all seemed to be teenagers with no one supervising them, and no proper Chefs in the kitchen. Really appalling .Without the waiter Thomasina, we would still be waiting for our food. He kept trying to get some service from the kitchen, and looked after us all the time we were there. Food not International standard at all, service terrible, and way, way overpriced. Sorry won't be visiting the Tanoa Suva again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Bula Vinaka Robyn R,

Thank-you for taking the time to inform us about your recent experience at our hotel.
I am disappointed that our standard of service in some key areas of the hotel’s product did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your areas of service delivery with the relevant department supervisors and through the information that you provided, we have since been able to address these shortfalls in service & product delivery with my team.

I trust that we will be able to welcome you back to Tanoa Plaza in the near future and It is only through this constructive feedback that we can improve on our product & service standards and be able to meet our guest’s expectations on every stay or initializing our restaurant facilities.

Once again, thankyou for your review

Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Tanoa Plaza is a short walking distance from the water front street with plenty of restaurant and shopping choices and it also seems to be situated well for local government offices and the local university (where I was working on this trip).

The staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and well kept up and there is a restaurant in the lobby that has live local music most nights.

I stayed there two times on this trip. The first in a regular room and the second in a deluxe room. The deluxe room cost about $18 more per night and featured carpet instead of tiled floors, an upgraded shower head, and I think a few more TV channels but otherwise was exactly the same as the regular room. Both rooms were comfortable and clean providing a good night sleep.

The hotel restaurant was not that good and I only at there once preferring to walk out and find food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Bula Vinaka Erikb1978,

Thankyou for your review, I surely am grateful that you have taken the time to share with us about your experience. First thing this morning, I have shared your feedback with my team and they appreciated that, also for the hotel, we are undergoing changes to improve the existing products and service we currently have in rooms, restaurants, conferences etc . So it should be interesting.

I look forward in having you back with us, so we can catch up about the positive changes we have done, based on your review.

Once again, Vinaka Vakalevu

Port-Vila, Efate, Vanuatu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I had 4 nights here and it was quite nice, quite expensive tho. Safe did not work and air conditioning did not work either. overall it was ok and enjoyed my stay as the staff were very friendly and courteous

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bula Vinaka Jack M,

Thankyou for your having the time to write about your stay, I will surely check on the areas that you have highlighted, and will get this sorted out and improved. And for my staff, vinaka vakalevu from all of us, we look forward to seeing you back again, if anything with room rates, please don't hesitate to see me or email me, happy to hear from you.

Fiji
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed on Saturday night 1st of June and enjoyed my stay as the staff were very friendly and courteous however the price for a local is double what you advocate on your site per room per night. Admittedly I was on the 8th floor with great views but the rooms are very small but comfortable. Better than any other hotel I have stayed in in Suva and I have tried most of them but over the top on their room rates

Stayed June 2013
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Bula Vinaka Kimbowai,

Thankyou very much for your review, especially on hotel room rates. We have now introduced our Rate Package which is not only room basis but is now Inclusive of full cooked breakfast plus WIFI, however, at the same time, we are also doing changes in our rooms to improve on the products we offer.
Once again, your recognition for my staff, is highly appreciated and will share this review with them. Looking forward to catching up with you in Suva.

Ms Mere Rakoroi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suva
Grand Pacific Hotel
Novotel Suva Lami Bay
The Pearl Resort
The Pearl Resort
#3 of 5 in Pacific Harbour

Been to Tanoa Plaza Suva? Share your experiences!