“Last choice in Suva”
Review of Tanoa Plaza Suva

Tanoa Plaza Suva
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Suva
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Tanoa is known for its comfortable rooms and great service however I was sadly disappointed this time. Since this hotel is in Suva city and mostly deals with business customers, I expected it to be clean and efficient. However, this was not the case.

It took me a long time to check in. The bed was lumpy, the room looked old and sad, the carpets were worn and the towels were dirty. I paid around FJD250 for the room so I was very disappointed.

The only advantage is that they have a big parking space. I would suggest you have this as your last choice if you are looking for accommodation in Suva.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Imarts
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Bula Vinaka Imarts

Thankyou for your review, and really appreciated that you inform us about your experience, since your last stay there has been major focus on our Hotel product and services we are offering.

Expecting works to be carried out and changes happening soon for us in September 2014, we are delighted to show more improvements in our hotel rooms, food & beverages outlets etc to compliment the prices that we offer. So Imarts, definitely work in progress for us

Once again, thankyou for your review, and looking forward to seeing you back in Suva

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The expectation for any traveler is to have a clean room and a comfortable stay. This hotel was totaly opposite to any in the world. The staff were un welcoming, room was dirty with dust and unclean beds and towels. After asking for clean towels, I had to wait 35mins and call again for it. Room was cleaned next day, to find the room had dirty foot prints on the floor. When we asked to get it cleaned, the staff used the normal shower towels on the floor to wipe the dirty prints, with his feet wearing his shoes on top of the towel.
I would not stay at this hotel ever again and dont recommend it to any traveler. My family are so anti for this hotel, as they felt the people working there were unhappy and didnt want to even say Bulla (hello).
I dont like writing anything negative but the truth had to be told.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Atish S
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Bula Vinaka Atish S,

Thankyou very much for your review, and appreciate your feedback, I am disappointed to hear about the problems you had encounted during your stay, however, please let me know when you are in Suva, i will be happy to show you the improvements we have made since this review. In any service industry, there will be downfalls, however it is through your feedback, that helps us grow and show improvement.

Once again, Vinaka Vakalevu for your review

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed twice at the Tanoa Plaza in July 2014 and in August 2014.
The first room was mostly run down with broken carpet, dirty furniture, window not closing properly, etc... Half the towels were dirty in the bathroom.
The second stay, in another room was a bit better, but only because the floor had tiles and not carpet. Furniture was dirty as well.
Wifi is not free and the procedure described in the in-room brochure not accurate. Some front desk assistants do not know the process and it took a while to get a code. When connected, wifi is not really stable.
I ordered twice room service, first time was ok, second time the tray was missing the cuttlery. The room service menu in the in-room brochure mentions service from 10pm to 630am, but it is in fact when it's not possible :-)
I hangout outside my room twice the breakfast order (it says to hang it before 3am), and the 2 times it was not picked up and hopefully I checked and not waited, went downstairs in the restaurant.
The location is good for my business, but do not expect asian or european level of quality.

Room Tip: No real "bad" rooms, I would recommend a high floor one with low numbers (like x02 to x04...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Bula Vinaka fjeepdriver,

Thankyou for your review, it is very healthy to get a constructive feedback and I certainly appreciated the time you taken, to tell us about what you were facing during your stay. It is indeed disappointing and be rest assured that all the areas that you have highlighted will be checked and corrected.

When you are in town, please don't hesitate to contact myself, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Once again, Vinaka Vakalevu for your review

Reviewed 19 July 2014

nice hotel and even nicer staff, great place to stay. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was wonderful. We had some minor issues which were quickly sorted. Would stay there again. nice and quiet

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rakesh C

Bula Vinaka Rakesh C,

Thankyou so much for your review, its always great to hear what our guests is telling us about our hotel and people, really appreciate your feedback and will be sharing this with our staffs. Looking foward to seeing you back again

Once again, Vinaka Vakalevu

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Nice view, good quolity food in restaurant,freindly staff.
I think they don't need $50 charge system.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarahviti
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Bula Vinaka Sarahviti,

Thankyou for your review, appreciate your comment about the hotel product and services. As for the $50 per day charge, that is just for the incidental, if no guests using facilities such as restaurant, bar or other charges, this is refundable upon checkout to guests.

Once again, thankyou for your feedback and when you in Suva, please feel free to contact myself.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Tanoa Plaza in May 2014. The room was a generous size and there was a restricted view of the harbor - our view of an incredible sunset was excellent from the room. Unlike some places we stayed during this trip, there was plenty of hot water in the shower; the bed was quite comfortable; the room was quiet during the night even though we were very close to the elevator. We had a couple of issues occur during our stay; but, the staff were quick to respond and were always very pleasant. The manager even made a special effort to greet us on our departure morning to make sure we had enjoyed our stay.
There is a restaurant at the hotel; but, we found the prices to be quite high. There are plenty of other options within a 10 minute walk or you can take a very inexpensive taxi ride if you want to venture further from the hotel area.
They have two computers for guest use. Paying for an hour was the best deal. You can stop anytime and resume usage later with the password you are given - once a full 60 minutes has been used the internet link shuts down.

Room Tip: For a better view of the harbor, request a room on floor 5 or higher. We were on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A W

Bula Vinaka A W Whitehall,

Thankyou for your review, really appreciated the time you have taken to share your experience with us. Our mission is to keep doing our best and show improvement in the product and services we offer our guests. And again, thankyou for your constructive feedback, I always appreciate this.

Looking forward to seeing you back

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was booked into Tanoa Plaza by my work and read others reviews. Room was great. Staff very helpful. Location excellent. Yes, wifi very expensive so I suggest you go and buy a local 3G sim card. No gym, but road running along coast is easy. will definitely go back to Tanoa Plaza.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Bula Vinaka Ian- Consultant,

Your feedback is indeed lovely to read, short and sweet. I love your feedback about our people & your suggestions on buying local sim is spot on, and just for your information we also upgrading our interet facilities and going through trial runs now.

When you in Suva, pop in and happy to meet with you

Mere Rakoroi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suva
Grand Pacific Hotel
Town House Apartment Hotels Suva
Peninsula International Hotel
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort
Novotel Suva Lami Bay

Been to Tanoa Plaza Suva? Share your experiences!