We stayed one night in the "deluxe" room, which has a double bed and an ensuite bathroom.
- The hotel itself is truly charming, with its shiny wooden floors, lovely little garden and lots of character.
- I enjoyed the location, a little bit out of town but still within 5 to 20 minutes walking distance, depending on where you want to go (and you can always catch a taxi for a very cheap fare if you don't feel like walking), in a nice, safe, quiet place.
- Our room had carpet on the floor, which was very worn and dirty. I woke up with swollen eyes due to the dust. I guess our room had not been cleaned before our arrival, as we found hair on the carpet and in the bathtub. The room was very basic. I don't mind as long as it is clean, but it was not. Also, no toilet paper (we asked the receptionist, who replied that we had to bring our own) and no hot water in the shower.
- Unfriendly and unhelpful staff on the day of our arrival.
- Since the hotel is known for its cheap dorms, expect groups of noisy teenagers (who tend to occupy both the shared kitchen facilities and the shared lounge area).
Overall I didn't find the deluxe room to be good value for money. It may be different if you stay in dorms though. I wouldn't (and didn't, on our way back) stay there again.