“Much better places in town”
Review of Serenity Spa

Serenity Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Anchorage
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever visited a spa because of the name, but ended up feeling more like just a number? At Serenity Spa we are more than just a name and you are MUCH more than just a number! We are dedicated to providing customized spa services in a private, intimate setting. Since 2003, we have been offering wonderful spa services including Spa Packages, Customized facials, Microdermabrasion, glycolic peels, body treatments, manicures, pedicures, cellulite treatments, deep-tissue and relaxation massages, neck/back pain relief, and more! Our newest service - the Pure Light Slim - helps you lose inches in all the right places! We recently relocated to a charming Victorian building in Historic Middletown KY. Serenity is an award winning spa: We are Accredited members of the Better Business Bureau (2010 Finalist in the Very Small Business Category in the prestigious BBB Torch Awards for Ethics in the workplace), Finalist for Best Spa Services in Louisville Magazine "Best of Louisville" July 2011 issue and have been voted "Best Day Spa" in the 2012 and 2013 Louisville A List Awards! We offer the convenience of online booking combined with the ease of shopping online for an incredible gift for that someone special right from the privacy of your home or office: Instant Gift Certificates! Friendly, personalized service from experienced staff provide everything you've dreamed of in a day spa, nestled in the beautiful, historic village of Middletown, KY. Located right off Shelbyville Road and 20 minutes from downtown Louisville!
Prospect, Kentucky, USA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Much better places in town”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Started with a pedicure and lost part of my toenail --honest! She polished skin to cover it up. Massage was scheduled on-line with owner. Got there and was told she is no longer giving massages (after only booking three days out). While I have had a massage that was worse, there are no bragging rights for the one I received.

Visited May 2012
dwillinger, Owner at Serenity Spa, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
I am so sorry you had a bad experience at your visit in 2012. My question to you is, why are you just writing about it now? As the owner of Serenity for over 10 years, I am very attentive to our customers concerns and handle all complaints quickly. However, if I don't know about something, i cant correct it. Did you inform the technician or therapist that you were unhappy? We normally offer to redo any service that is not up to par.
We also send a letter and email after your service with my personal email address and phone number to let us know if you have any problem with your services.
We have a AAA rating as an Accredited Business with the Better Business Bureau, and are very committed to giving excellent customer service to our clients.
Please contact me personally at denisewillinger@gmail.com and I will be happy to speak with you about your visit.
Denise Willinger

Louisville, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth the trip.”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Nicole gives the best massage I've ever had. The facility is small, but nice. They also do a two-part microdermabrasion that's the best I've ever had, too. I liked it enough that I bought a package.

Visited September 2011
“Massage was fantastic!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Carla is amazing! I wish I lived in Louisville so that I could see her regularly! After a terrible massage at the in-house spa in my Downtown hotel I found Serenity online and it was well worth the short drive out to them.

Crestwood, Kentucky
“Great Girls Day”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We had a very relaxing time at Serenity! My mom, sister and I all had the hot stone massage and Jenny does everything she can to make sure you are completely comfortable and that she makes you great when you leave. I would recommend a hot stone massage for anyone, it is very soothing.

Visited May 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fantastic spa experience!”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I have severe back and shoulder pain and the only thing that provides some relief is a massage. I've had a lot of massages over the years, some good, some bad and the massages that I've had at Serenity Spa are the best I've ever had! I wish I had time to go back more often. The staff there are all very friendly and accommodating. I can't say enough good things about Serenity Spa!

Visited May 2011