“Wide choice at a good price”
Review of Manapearl Tahiti

Manapearl Tahiti
Ranked #4 of 19 Shopping in Papeete
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the secrets of the “Le Chemin de la Perle de Tahiti” and how the Tahitian Pearls are transformed into exceptional jewels !! At the end of your visit, you can see our showroom where is exposed a wide selection of necklaces and pearl jewelry made in Tahiti. 1st distributor of jewelery "Made in Tahiti", delivered in more than 80 countries.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

They are very good quality pearls at a fair price. If you go to the store, You'll be very well advised but the best choice is on the net. You will be amazed and won't Know what to choose. It's worth paying a visit and for each purchase a certificate of authenticity is given.

2  Thank Maesy2014
in 8 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was looking for some present for my wife for our wedding anniversary long time before our vacation in French Polynesia. I found the web page of Manapearl and it was simply the best web page offering Tahitian pearls for very reasonable prices. All the photos were actual and the products look same on the photos and in the reality. I got in touch with Anapa who was extremely helpful and gave me quite a lot advice even before buying anything. After arriving at Tahiti, I met Anapa personally and it was a pleasure to talk to him in his workshop in the city center. I chose a ring with a pearl and we later realized that the size was wrong because we measured the finger size wrong. Unfortunately, we were traveling to Bora Bora and then Moorea with no time at Tahiti but Anapa organized everything and even came to see us at Moorea to get the proper measure for the ring. Thanks to Anapa’s great help, we were able to get the changed ring on time before leaving French Polynesia. Furthermore, Anapa gave us a little tour around his workshop and explained us the pearl growing process. Thank you Anapa and when we come back to Tahiti, we will for sure pay you a visit again!

1  Thank PetrK144
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I found Manapearl by reading the recommendations on this site. And I am certainly glad we paid a visit there on our recent cruise. Anapa was a most gracious host, explaining how the pearls were farmed and offering advice and information without any hint of pushiness. His store is not the run-of-the-mill pearl shop. It is a manufacturing workshop where pearls are mounted on the premises. The array of shapes, colours and designs takes your breath away. There were so many beautiful pieces to choose from that we were there for about an hour. We came away with 2 exquisite baroque pearl necklaces for my daughters, 2 bracelets for my husband's daughters and he threw in free 4 Keshi rings for them and 1 for me, cleaning cloths and we received certificates of authenticity for everything.
Anapa advised against buying pearls in the market and showed us 6 huge barrels of reject pearls and told us that these are what they sell in the markets.
My daughters are absolutely over the moon with their pearls and I will certainly make a return visit when we are next in Tahiti.
I must say, my husband accompanied me rather reluctantly, but soon changed his mind and is a huge fan of Manapearl.
Anapa, if you read this, many thanks for your friendship and helpfulness and I hope we meet again.

4  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Shopping for pearls in Tahiti is overwhelming. The stores are on top of each other practically, with a huge range of prices making it hard to make a decision. I had found Manapearl online, which let me browse and think about what was on my wishlist over a couple months before my trip. The store is a little hard to find, and make sure they know you are coming to make sure they are open when you find it! Fare Tony is basically a mall, with stores all around the outside and open air hallways crossing thru the centre. Find the stairs and go up to level 2. If you end up in the parking garage, go right. And you should see the store front. The store is actually on the waterfront but you need to get in sort of from a back door. From the cruise ship you can see their banner in front of their store. So once you find it Anapa and his staff will have so many beautiful things you will have a hard time choosing! The pearls were even more beautiful in person. I bought a baroque spiralled pearl bracelet, a 5 strand cocolo style bracelet and a pendant. He gave me pearl cleaning cloths and Keshi rings as a gift. I wish I had longer to visit but we had to get back to the ship. I received many compliments on my jewellery and people were shocked to hear what a great deal I received. Manapearl will be my only pearl store stop if I return to Tahiti!

7  Thank PsyFi
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Along Papeete’s prime waterfront retail you'll find a plethora of Tahitian Pearl dealers. Before you even *think* about browsing, consider taking the Manapearl tour!

Cruisers take note: Manapearl is an easy 5-10 min stroll from the cruise ship piers. We spent a delightful pre-cruise morning here.

Manapearl is a bit tricky to find, up one flight in the pleasant, open-air waterfront retail mall, the next building past (West of) the prominent Viama Center. For equipped techies, Manapearl’s GPS Coordinates: S 17.54027, W 149.56902.

Behind this unassuming door (see photo) awaits a fascinating, personalized free tour of Tahitian Pearl jewelry manufacturing. Enjoy the hospitality of entrepreneur Anapa Tauru, who graciously shares his decades of expertise. From sorting and grading the raw harvest from Manapearl’s proprietary pearl farms, through the production of finished product, learn what you need to know to help discern junk from highest quality.

You’ll also see Anapa’s current inventory of finished jewelry, and of course have the opportunity consider a purchase. There was absolutely no pressure to buy. Instead, the vibe was a justifiably-proud owner sharing his truly superior work product.

To set up your tour, email Anapa at anapatahiti@usa.net, or call him at +689 778314.

11  Thank GPSguyAustin