“Good Place for a Quick Stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fare Suisse Tahiti
Ranked #1 of 7 Papeete B&B and Inns
Gold Coast Australia
“Good Place for a Quick Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

As mentioned in previous reviews, this place is great for an overnight stay prior to a flight or ferry ride.
Clean rooms, convenient transfers and welcoming staff.
No facilities like tea/coffee or TV, but still very comfortable.
Would definately recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

What a great find. This is a lovely place to stay and Beni and the staff so friendly and helpful. The airport pickup and drop off service is great and it was especially nice to have Beni's smiling face to greet us. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the towels changed regulary. We loved the spacious kitchen and lounge with free WiFi. The breakfasts were great too. We enjoyed being close to town, the ATM's and the excellent supermarket.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Fare Suisse is the perfect guesthouse. The rooms are beautifully furnished, spacious, air conditioned and have powerful showers. It is well within walking distance for the centre of Papeete and the harbor too. The kitchen is well appointed and stocked with the essentials for cooking, should you be so inclined.

The staff are all lovely, especially Beni, who went out of his way to make sure we had the best possible stay. The free transfers to / from the airport / harbor are very much a bonus too.

Thoroughly recommend staying at Fare Suisse if you're visiting or passing through Papeete.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. If you fancy a bit more privacy, there's a self contained apartment...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dave_bish
San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I arrived here moved by the several good qualifications this place have in Polynesia; and to be honest it was just like I expected. The fare is located in a great spot, sorrounded by a beautful garden and close to everything you need (bus stop, supermarket, ATM, etc). Talking about the fare it is really clean, with nice places to lay down and watch sunset and a big, well-organized kicthen if you want to cook. The rate is not expensive, nor cheapest one, considering what you get. The attention of the domestic service is cool unfortunately they don't speak other than french so be patience if you need anything. Beni is nice when in the place (unfortunately not very often) altough he is almost always running out of time. I would suggest that he can be a better host if he wants to, but if you don't need that I would say Fare Suisse is a 10.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GiacosaCarlo
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed here for three nights in total, once upon arrival from Easter Island, and then for two nights before leaving for Auckland. Beni, the host, had originally said we could stay for two nights for both stays, but then found he couldn't accommodate us for the second night - luckily our accommodation on Mo'orea (Fare Arana - see separate review) could take us a day early.

However, Beni did pick us up as arranged from the airport at midnight, and then drop us back there at 6.30am, as well as driving us to and from the ferry port in between. All part of the service (hence the good value). We paid 125 Euros per night for the Bora Bora room, a lounge/diner/kitchen plus bedroom with a double (huge and very comfortable!), a single (fine), and a camp bed (not so comfy). The bedroom was air-conditioned but not the living area, but that was fine. There was a small terrace outside too. There was no charge for aircon, or for the wifi (more good value).

Breakfast was not included, but was available upstairs on the semi-outdoor terrace, however, we went to Champion supermarket five minutes' walk away and self-catered. The centre of Pape'ete was maybe fifteen minutes' walk, very easy and flat apart from the little bit nearest the B&B. The location slightly up the hill was quiet and the views were urban but pleasant. Beni acts as an agent for various tour companies, but we didn't feel pressured to do anything. In fact, if anything, we felt slightly abandoned once we had arrived... Beni constantly seemed to be trying to do several things at once, and not quite always succeeding.

I wouldn't rave about this B&B, but it was a perfectly pleasant place to stay, and excellent value for French Polynesia in general.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TalbotTravellers
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

stayed 2 nights at the Fare Suisse after my trip to Bora Bora. Getting off the plane, grab your bags and thereyour host Beni is already waiting for you to take you back to his Fare Suisse! Great service & great first impression. The place is in a quiet corner of Papeete, but still in walking distance from the city center.

After checking in and trowing the bags in the room sitting down on the terrace and you are immediately in a cnversation with the other guests - in a way it felt a bit like a family...

If I should ever go back to Bora Bora, the FareSuisse will be the place where I stay the night before...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank simonabroad
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Fare Suisse and the owner, Beni, are fantastic. My first good feel about the place was getting a very quick response to my online inquiry about reserving the room. Next, after landing, grabbing my luggage, trying the airport bank machine (fail) and walking out, Beni was right there to pick me up. That was great because I thought from our correspondence he was going to be a half hour later. Being on top of the flight schedules though he was there when I arrived, which after a long flight was very much appreciated. Having the airport pickup included in the price of the room is awesome. The ride from the airport was very quick and Beni is a very genuine, all around nice guy to talk to.

The location is great. A 10 minute walk to be in the heart of everything, but a nice peaceful atmosphere at Fare Suisse. The staff were extremely friendly. This is very much an independent place to stay. There are staff there in the mornings to prepare breakfast and clean and handle taxis and tours for the day, but after lunch the clients pretty much have the place to themselves. Beni lives with his family close by though and is contactable on his cellphone from the phone at the reception. I loved the fact that there's full access to a kitchen and fridge and that there's a super grocery store just a few minutes away.

My room was great, safe, very clean, the price was right... not much more to say! When I'm traveling I just want a comfy bed in a clean room so I suppose I'm happy to please. It's a place to rest my head... not watch television and stay indoors.

As I was boarding the Aranui after my stay it was also great to have a ride to the ship in the morning. Even though I wasn't staying there at the end of my trip on the Aranui, arriving on the ship in the morning, flying out late at night, Beni helped me out. There were four other Aranui passengers + myself who after the trip were going to Fare-Suisse. The other four were all staying at least one night whereas I was just dropping my bags off for the day (a service if you've stayed). There wasn't room for me in his car. There was room for all of my luggage though and because it was a beautiful morning I just decided to walk the 30 minutes instead of taking a taxi (although the port is a 15 minute walk from Fare Suisse, where the Aranui docks is further out of the way) back to the guesthouse. If I had been staying another night he would've made two trips to get all the Aranui clients. My bags were there and locked up safe and sound when I arrived.

Then, after a final day in Papeete and a quick meal at the roulottes, Beni was promptly on schedule to meet me back at Fare Suisse to take me to the airport for my night flight to L.A.

Just a great all around experience. Plus the fellow travelers that I met while staying there were all fantastic as well. Everything about the place had a good vibe.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerry F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Papeete
Manava Suite Resort Tahiti
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,614 reviews
Maison D'Hotes Tutehau
Maison D'Hotes Tutehau
#2 of 7 in Papeete

Been to Fare Suisse Tahiti? Share your experiences!