“Good choice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
“Good choice”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here July 4th as we were in town for Summer Motion that is held downtown on the river. The hotel is about 7 miles from downtown but an easy drive. No complaints with hotel, nicer than I expected. Bathrooms are small, but that was no big deal as we were there overnight only. Nice touch to the pool was lights that changed colors, looked really neat although we didn't have time to enjoy the pool. Would definitely stay here if I were in Ashland again and would recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

When my family and i stayed here on the 17th . First the front desk attendant was super nice and nothing was wrong with them. We received our keys and headed directly to the room. The room was very nicely laid out, colors of brown, blue and orange. However the bathroom, it smelt like someone had just left after going to the bathroom for awhile and the toilet seat was unstable. With that aside all went to bed, i slept in a roll-away bed, except there wasn't a bag with extra blankets or pillows which was disappointing.
The next day when ever one was awake, we ate the breakfast, that being said, when my grandmother opened up her milk it was spoiled. we looked at the date and it wasn't expired yet, so she opened another one and it was spoiled again. We weren't sure if it was the milk batch or the mini fridge they put them in.After that we packed up quickly and left and just ate breakfast at the waffle house down the street. I didn't hate the hotel, but if I were have to stay in Ashland again, i would rather just drive straight through it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rae_S22
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Rae_S22,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland. I'm glad to hear that my front desk staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the layout of your room. Our mission is to impress our guests and it is obvious we came up short during your stay, for that I'm truly sorry. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention so that we are able to improve our services for future guests. Moving forward our front desk staff will be checking to make sure the proper bedding is included with all roll-away requests and we have ordered a new fridge for our breakfast area. Once again, I'm very sorry for your less than exceptional stay and ask that you contact me directly so that I can make up for it. I hope that if you are ever back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to impress you.

606-928-1222
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I'm a big fan of Marriott, stayed at MANY. Marriott Rewards member. Just so happens, my wife's company is also a BIG fan of sending their employees to Marriott's. I travel with her all the time. So when she was given an assignment in Ashland, we chose the Fairfield...Granted, we had other options to pick from, but hey, it's a Marriott, how could we go wrong?

Let me just say that the place was immaculate. The décor was VERY modern and kept up very well. SPOTLESS. No complaints what so ever on that note.

Now, for the cons. The first night, pool and hot tub were working perfectly. Granted those little amenities separated them from the many other options we had. Second day, "out of order" sign on the pool area entrance. Upon inquiry, we were informed pool had chemical imbalance and hot tub was "out of order". But, I saw them working on it. Having a pool for 20+ yrs, I figured they'd fix the imbalance, maybe get the hot tub fixed that day or the next.. By the evening, sign was moved from the entire pool area door to the hot tub. As far, as I was able to determine, the hot tub just didn't bubble. Still hot, still circulating. Really not a deal breaker on my account, but hey, some people are picky. Had a good swim in the pool. Next morning....BAM "out of order" on pool area door. Maybe their workin on it I thought. Evening came, same scenario...sign moved from door to hot tub. This was the musical sign moving for our entire stay.

Next con, our room was #201 on second floor. Nice backside room, away from the front noise, or so I thought. It was also right beside the employee lounge/office. When I arrived, my wife expressed her concern for this, but not really ever seeing an office/breakroom on a floor in a hotel, I didn't really know. Well, on the first morning of trying to sleep in, I got it. Every morning, it sounded like a party outside my door. Even the A/C couldn't drown it out. Not to mention, I think housekeeping works on the belief that everyone checks out at 8 am., cause as soon as they began their operations, more chatting began...We're not talkin a little small talk up close and personal, we're talkin outside voice from rooms across the hall that they were cleaning from each other. Just chattin it up and havin a grand ole time. I finally gave up tryin to sleep in on the second day.

All in all the hotel was on par with all other Marriotts I've visited....There are some things that just need to be worked on.

Room Tip: Pick nothing close to room 201
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear EclipseTraveler,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland and for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I'm glad that you enjoyed our modern decor and found our hotel to be very clean. Please accept my apologies that our pool and spa were unavailable. As you mentioned we did have an imbalance in our pool and the motor went out in the spa. These have since been taken care of. I'm also very sorry that my staff disturbed you while you were sleeping. I have already addressed this issue to make sure it doesn't happen again. I would really like to make this up to you and would appreciate it if you could contact me directly so that I can. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next visit to Ashland.

606-928-1222
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times. It is a short distance from Interstate 64 and easy to find. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The breakfast has something for everyone. Nice decor. Comfortable beds. Free internet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had an appointment to pick up a rental car in Ashland on Friday April 25th at 730am. As we would be traveling all day to Alabama we thought it would be smart to come down the night before. We are rarely disappointed in any Marriott property and this one was just as nice as we are used to. Being a short overnight stay we didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub but we did get to peek at it. It looked clean, the blue light in the pool was a great touch. The Front Desk staff were all very friendly, the breakfast attendent was also very friendly. The room was spotless as was the hallways. Given the chance I would definatly stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kentucky
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed one night for business in the area. Hotel has been remodeled and everything is new and very clean. The hotel and rooms smell fresh as did the linens/towels, a small thing for some but big for me. The hot breakfast items were great. The best part is the hotel was quiet, I mean QUIET. No slamming doors, no loud hallways, just peaceful and perfect to get a good nights rest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently stayed one night here on our way back from North Carolina to Missouri and everything was perfectly fine, except for the bugs! Upon entering our room on the second floor we saw 4 bugs right off the bat. The husband took care of those and then more started appearing! The hubby went down and got us a different room on the third floor which was bug free, but we had to move everything again and it was late and we were exhausted! I am glad we got a different/bug free room, however the problem lies in the fact that they knew they had a bug infestation and did not inform us until my husband asked for a different room. They admitted they had exterminators spray, but still had the bug infestation they "think" from the creek that is located behind the hotel! They also told him it was OK because the bugs were harmless ones! I don't care if they are harmless or not. We were not paying over $100 for a night with bugs in our room! It was late and with exhausted kids and husband we stayed in the 3rd floor bug free room located in the front of the hotel rather than the back row of rooms by the creek. However, we were never offered any concessions for this trouble and lack of customer service and their free breakfast was sub-par at best. We will definitely be staying elsewhere from now on.

Room Tip: Get a room that is in the front of this hotel! No bugs!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear MOMom316,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience you had at our hotel. Unfortunately, our area has been affected by an influx in the stink bug population, and they are resistant to pesticides. While we have a Preventative Pest Control Elimination Program to make sure that our guests are not affected by this, from time to time some rooms can see more of them than others. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and your family and will continue to work hard on mitigating the situation. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Ashland.

Adam H.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
Days Inn Ashland
Days Inn Ashland
#5 of 10 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ironton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland? Share your experiences!