“Great value, breakfast could be better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Theranda Hotel

Theranda Hotel
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Tirana
Melbourne, Australia
“Great value, breakfast could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel provides great value with all the amenities you could hope for. We turned up on a weekend and it was relatively quiet there - more of a business hotel - but still had everything we needed. Very clean, modern amenities. Breakfast was included, but not very good. And they offered to arrange taxi to airport but would have been about 50% more expensive than just getting a taxi from the street, which we did.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have trouble with stairs, ask for level 1 or 2.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Maribor, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a long time I returner to Tirana and on friends recommendation we did stay in Theranda.

First of all I would like to mention, that the rating for this hotel will be very different for different kind of traveler. Why? Since this is Tirana, meaning that do not expect nice view, do not expect, tip notch room, do not expect really hot water at all times, electricity may fall out....but that's what you will get in most parts of Tirana, including Terminal at the airport that was left without electricity for 3 times in 2 hours :)

Hotel is really close to Tirana center and yet, you will have no "street noise" coming into the room, which for me is really nice. Meaning that as business traveler I prefer calm room with "crappy view" that superb view with all the noise of the cars etc...But even in this squished street corner Theranda did manage to produce a bit of "quiet" with a nice outside bar and defend looking building :)

Staff at the reception will always be there for you and this is the main gem of this hotel as otherwise there are plenty of "big" hotels around Tirana too. Anything you need, tell them :)

Breakfast was nice, for this kind of hotel as there was a bit of everything even though this is a small hotel. Freshly baked eggs and bacon included.

As we staid in Executive rooms (there was a special offer) the rooms were really spacious and with very decent aircon, that had just a small flaw of being just above the bed on opposite side...so do not leave it on when sleeping.

Bathroom was also OK but some wear&tear was seen especially in shower cabin, otherwise clean.

Wifi was free and working for all the time, so that was also a plus!

All in all I would say, that Theranda is a very nice option for business travelers especially if you get a good price and use their option of arranging the airport transfer for a good price. But if you want to have a big lobby bar, with some restaurants for dining, pool etc....this is not hotel for you....Go elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Theranda, Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your comments on your recent stay with us.
We, at Theranda Hotel evaluate everything that goes into providing a wonderful experience for our guest. We work hard to deserve your true opinion on our level of service. And I am very pleased to read your appraisal for our reception team. I wish to thank you for your nice words when describing our breakfast quality, we really appreciate your comment.
We are sorry that during the time you were staying with us the electricity power shut down. But, as you might have noticed, we have a generator backup system that is automatically put to work immediately after power interruption.
We do not have restaurants, swimming pool, spa center but we pride ourselves in creating a friendly and quite environment, where every guest is looked after with the most care.

We do hope to have you soon as our Guest again in our Hotel!

I send you my best regards,

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel was suggested by a newspaper article on Tirana. It proved to be an excellent choice and I enjoyed my stay there. The staff were very friendly and I give particular praise to Edira who gave me lots of help and advice. The hotel is well placed for the lively Blloku bar and restaurant area. It is in a very quiet off street area the only problem being the tatty flats all around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Theranda, General Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review following your recent stay at Theranda Hotel!
I am delighted to know that you found your stay with us, following the recommendation you had from the newspaper article, an excellent choice. We truly appreciate your kind words when describing our location and service. The Team involved at Theranda Hotel will be so glad to hear your mention about their friendliness, especially Edira.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime you are coming again in Tirana,

With my best Regards,
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

One of the best hotels with location and personnel you can find in Tirana. Especially they have one of the greatest manager which takes care of every detail with care and passion.
Especially a good coffee and sweets is a good mourning start and their garden is perfectly quite for work and meetings

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Theranda, General Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Mr. Vlatko C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such amazing comments from our guests.

We pride ourselves on creating a wonderful experience for our guests and we do thank you for your positive feedback. Describing Theranda Hotel as one of the best hotels with location and personnel you can find in Tirana means a lot to us, we really appreciate it!

Hoping to see you back soon once again we would like to express our gratitude to you for this wonderful review – Thank You!

Kind regards,
General Manger
Whidbey Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had done a fair amount of research including help from Trip Advisor before reserving this hotel directly. We were not disappointed. Theranda is a bit difficult to find for a first time visitor to Tirana but eventually we found it hidden away off a quiet street.

The staff was very friendly & helpful. Our room was good sized with a comfortable bed & a high tech shower in the bathroom.

I would recommend Theranda for your stay in Tirana. You can walk to the center of town, if you must, but there isn't much of interest to see. Two nice restaurants are very close by. Give it a try. Parking is free & safe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you decided to dedicate to us writing this wonderful review, following your recent stay with us.

We are very proud about your comments when describing our comfortable room, service and especially the performance of our staff. I have passed your kind words to my brilliant team and I would really like to express our happiness and gratitude for this amazing description of your experience.

I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at Theranda Hotel!

I send you my best regards,

MItrovica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was my second time I stayed at Hotel Theranda in Tirana, and whenever I have to stay in Tirana, I will choose this Hotel.
Hotel is clean, attractive, nice garden and it is very close to the city centre. The famous restaurants and cafeterias are very close.
The rooms are great and they offer great comfort. The Hotel is situated close to the Blok area, the entertainment hub of Tirana, yet located away from city noises.
Above all, the hospitality of the staff working there is wonderful, particularly the reception staff.
If you decided to choose this Hotel, you will not be regretted.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Faton_8
Theranda, Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Mr. Faton,

Thank you for your excellent review on Trip Advisor, following your stay with us!
My team and I were delighted to hear about your lovely comments on our service, rooms and location. I was so pleased to read, that once again, we met your expectations following your return stay with us at Theranda Hotel.
We always do our best to ensure the highest level of service is provided for all our guests and I am happy that you appreciated our efforts.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Until then I send you my best regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

A friendly, professional place in the central area of Tirana, just a short walk from the main sights. The staff are fantastic - all very pleasant and always willing to help. The prices are very reasonable for a hotel of this standard. Breakfast is very good - both the food and Gazi, the fellow who serves it, who is full of information about Tirana and Albania as a whole. I've stayed here twice now, and I wouldn't advise looking anywhere else if you are staying in Tirana!
(note: I have rated the restaurant as excellent - however I only had breakfast there, I am not sure if they do lunch or evening meals?)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Graeme D
Theranda, Manager at Theranda Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Mr. Graeme D.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. I would like to express my gratitude for your very nice comments on our rooms, location, breakfast, and especially on our staff.

It is so nice to hear that our staff helped to make your experience here in Tirana an enjoyable one. I have just shown your comments to the team here, and they are very happy that you mentioned their friendliness, and I find no words to thank you enough on their behalf.

Please let us know whenever you will visit us again and we will do our best to assist you.

Until then we send our kindest regards.