“Absolutely delightful!”
Review of Dinasty Hotel

Dinasty Hotel
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Tirana
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been to Tirana for a number of times and stayed in number of hotels - from my experience Dinasty is by far the best. For about half of the price of Sheraton I got a suite - bedroom, living room, nice big balcony. In my opinion - one of the most comfortable hotel rooms I have ever had. Internet was free and worked fine. I tried the room service for couple of times and the food was exceptionial. Same goes for the breakfast. However - what impressed me the most was the level of customer service. I have travelled a lot and in no place before has the staff made me so welcome. This goes for everybody I met over my 4 days at Dinasty. I will stay there again when back in Tirana next time - I have tried the best and can now ignore the rest..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Koit
There are newer reviews for Dinasty Hotel

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Wow..this is my reaction towards this beautiful hotel in Tirana, not only the deco and food.. It is warmest of the hotel staffs and the wonderful owners that makes the different. As Hillary Clinton was in town.. 1st November .. The whole city roads was closed.. The hotel send a car to guide my coach into the hotel. It was raining heavily and yet, the staffs were all ready to assist my tour groups of 26 with their luggage loading.. In a nutshell.. Their warmest and friendliness represents the beauty of true hardworking Albania.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MaiaP364
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Wonderful staff. Nothing too much trouble. Attention to detail. The Owner Jimmy and his beautiful wife and all the hotel staff led by the ever present, Armando welcome you as if into their own home. Armando, Jimmy and Siely all speak English. Breakfast has plenty of choice and the cooked omlettes if you want them are perfectly cooked. Jimmy is passionate about both his hotel and wine cellar and is extremely generous insisting you share a drink with him at least once during the week. The room is clean, spacious with a comfortable firm bed.We had a fantastic bottle of wine which I recomend to anyone a Kabernet Rezerva 2004 and the food was spot on as was the service.On our arrival at the hotel we were upgraded to a lovely suite which really made the 2 weeks for us and really felt like home. We would not hesitate in staying here again.Within walking distance to the shops and many supermarkets. While the view from the hotel is nothing special, it's located in a quiet residential neighborhood and after all, this is Tirana. You would not be coming here for the view,as this is a city.

Room Tip: Room no 404
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caravan3
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Excellent hotel. A very pleasant staff, excellent restaurant, excellent rooms. And if you will meet the owner, Mr. Lamaj, the experience will be total. A real artist! For me was a very, very pleasant experience. The reception staff was also very efficient and professional, I let my suite in the evening for laundry and ironing and in the morning it was perfect.
What can I say about the restaurant and food? Also perfect. The staff from restaurant is also speaking english, trying to make you to feel good.
The rooms are with new furnitures showing attention to details and very clean. When I will return to Tirana I will for sure book the room to Dinasty Residence Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucian_Grigorescu
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Wonderful staff. Nothing too much trouble. Attention to detail. As many other reviews state both on here and Tripadvisor, the Owner Jimmy and his wife and all the hotel staff led by the ever present Armando welcome you as if into their own home. Armando, Jimmy and Siely (probably wrong spelling) all speak fluent English. Breakfast has plenty of choice and the cooked omlettes if you want them are perfectly cooked. Jimmy is passionate about both his hotel and wine cellar and is extremely generous insisting you share a bottle with him at least once during the week.
The room is clean, spacious with a comfortable if firm bed, which suits me fine.
In Summary, I would not hesitate in staying here again. We stayed in Tirana a week and had a nosy at a few more hotels in case we return, and I think this is probably the best value for money of the high end ones and certainly more unique, artistic and less sterile than a big multinational business hotel.
Only two improvements I would suggest. They have beautiful large balconies many of which get the afternoon sun but nowhere to sit. A couple of chairs and a small table on your balcony would be lovely for a half hour drink before going to dinner (or before taking a longer drink in the lovely terrace bar area of the hotel). Secondly, the bed has a large wooden foot/end on it that comes out a good few inches either end. We lost count of the number of times we bruised our legs. In the end we resorted to putting a couple of pillows over each end of the bed during the day to remind us, but then promptly forgot every morning on the first trip to the bathroom. Some padding over the corners would really help I think. Nevertheless these are minor points in what was overall a fabulous week in a fast developing and interesting city. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike0467
Dinasty_Hotel, General Manager at Dinasty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Mr. Mike

Thank you for your nice review and the recommendations to the other travelers.
We are happy to know that you had enjoyed your staying at Dinasty Hotel and you are satisfied from our friendly staff, service and hospitality .
We appreciate and take in consideration all your remarks even that they are as you said almost insesitive. For us it was a pleasure to had you at our hotel and you will be always welcome.

With kind regards ,
Dinasty Hotel

Reviewed 7 October 2012

If you need a large hotel with lots of people and services and fancy soaps and shampoo, this place is not for you. But if you, like me, prefer a boutique place with personalized service, great food and a good location, you won't be disappointed. I have stayed here three times. The location in Tirana is great, walking distance from the important places or a very short cab ride away. While the view from the hotel is nothing special, it's located in a quiet residential neighborhood and after all, this is Tirana. You would not be coming here for the view (although the city has made great strides in recent years in sprucing itself up). The hotel offers comfortable, well furnished rooms, free WiFi, a very decent breakfast, an excellent restaurant, and a staff that doesn't quit until you're satisfied. Two years ago my computer crashed and they lent me a laptop. This time, the wireless was a little spotty so they brought one to my room which quickly solved that. Jimmy, the owner, will often greet you at the door. Savvy business people, diplomats and people in the know stay here. The hotel took years to build, one step at a time. Jimmy loves to share the story. I feel better staying here than I would at some impersonal chain. The bathroom does come with standard soap and shampoo and even a hair dryer. Give it a try.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Globo4368
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel was OK, but we overpaid at 100 euro per night. The biggest thing was that the mattresses were like ROCKS! The main thing you pay for in a hotel is a place to sleep, but after a few minutes of laying down, we all had sore backs and necks. Is this a European thing? Unfortunately I would never stay here again just because of the beds!

We also felt very misled by hotels.com. Several of the amenities listed were not present. For example, there was no pool or fitness facility on site. There was a water park you had to pay to get into located about 10-15 minute walk away. Not very convenient.

The location is kind of on the outskirts of town without much near it, and the hotel itself is nestled behind an ugly gas station. It overlooks a "park" that is a dirt patch with weeds and litter in it. Stray dogs barked and roamed the parking lot/dirt patch.

The food was edible, but I noticed it was priced higher than out in town and the quality was less.

The room amenities were basic -- air conditioning, minibar fridge, very small shower (no bathtub), small TV.

On the good side, the staff was very nice and tried hard to be very accommodating. The decor was very nice and the hotel structure itself was pretty. The wifi worked well and was free.

For a few bucks more, we wish we had taken a room at the Tirana Sheraton.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Szu F
Dinasty_Hotel, Owner at Dinasty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear guest SZuF

Everything remains a personal opinions and doesn't make sense that you make in doubt the other reviews . Does not make sense that can not understand the 22 other reviews instead of 23 reviews that they are.
But I think that to a sick mind that judges the others and has ugly dreams, even sleeping in the emperor’s bed would seem like sleeping in a battlefield.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tirana
The Plaza Tirana
#3 of 93 in Tirana
Hotel Vila Lule
Hotel Vila Lule
#1 of 38 in Durres

Been to Dinasty Hotel? Share your experiences!