All reviewstop floorrooms are bigrecommend this hotelnice staffrooftop barbars and restaurantscity
Reviewed 1 August 2011

In downtown, perfect location for sightseeing.
Extremely friendly staff, luxury rooms with all you need.
The crème de la crème is the breakfast. On the last floor there is a panorama restaurant with the best possible view of Tirana.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sashkow
Reviewed 5 June 2011

If there was a 4.5 rating option I would have chosen it, however I'm rounding up this time even though I am usually more conservative. My partner and I stayed here for two nights and would 100% recommend it to anyone staying in Tirana. We went into a few of the top hotels in Tirana to speak to travel agents and car hire places, and although the Sky Hotel isn't flashy like the Sheraton etc, we thought the feel of the place was better. Plus the Sky Hotel's restaurant has a magnificent view.

The hotel is extremely handy to everything in the city centre and is right next to the trendy restaurant, bar and boutique precinct.

We arrived at the hotel really early, and were happily acocmmodated. When I asked the woman at reception for a place to eat breakfast, she was surprised and said that we should eat at the hotel restaurant. This was even though we hadn't stayed the night before so would be getting breakfast for free.

We loved the restaurant. Aside from the view the waiters went out of their way to make us happy. One night we were given a separate part of the restaurant to ourselves, and one the waiters did his best to make sure that I had the tastiest cocktails. The food was excellent.

The rooms are better than they look on the web. They are spacious and had excellent king size beds.

There were only two negatives, both minor:
- The first room we had was ridiculously hot. We found out the the airconditioning could only be used to heat the room, not cool it. This was same throughout the hotel. At some point they switch all of the airconditioning over so that the units can only cool, not heat. The woman on reception was really helpful and gave us a choice of rooms to move to instead.
- Some of the reception staff aren't very professional. One girl and one guy in particular spent hours playing around with each other while we were there. My partner and I both noticed this as we spent a long time using the computer with the free internet is in the lobby. These two reception staff were not overly helpful. Other staff were great though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Four of us stayed one night in Family Suite; was normally 250 euros but we haggled down to 200 euros with no problem. Great beds, beautiful bathroom. Breakfast included in top floor panoramic restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I spent one night at the Sky Hotel in October 2010. We were four adults, so we rented the 2 bedroom unit, which was very spacious and comfortable. The staff downstairs was extremely helpful and they all spoke perfectly clear English. We asked for laundry service and got it immediately. We asked for directions, recommendations, advice, and all our questions were answered enthusiastically. The hotel occupies the lower 2 or 3 floors of a tall building, so street noise is a minor issue at night. The restaurant is on the top of the building and the view is amazing. Breakfast was free and the buffet was more generous than I had expected. I would love to come back to this hotel and recommend it highly for anyone looking for a hip convenient place to stay in Tirana.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Stuff has a problem with english, they offered spa an of course confirmed in order but it's under reconstruction... If you ask to have a map of town no chance to get, if you ask to have anything no chance to get. OK people in Tirane are friendly but not very skilled in English, no signs in the town if you want to get out of Tiane you must be very skilled....

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business