“Very good hotel, located in the best area in Tirana”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sky Hotel

Sky Hotel
Ranked #2 of 107 Tirana B&B and Inns
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Very good hotel, located in the best area in Tirana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I've only spent a nigHt in Sky Hotel, and I found the location very convenient. The staff are very friendly and professional. The hotel is located on a 17 floor building, with a good restaurant on the 17th floor (and the breakfast room also). The area around the hotel is full of bars and cares and it's crowded, especially when the weather is good. I can recommend the hotel, it's very good and convenient.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel is much nicer than the area in which it is located. Very modern and comfortable rooms with friendly and attentive staff. Within walking distance of many of Tirana's sights. There were a few very good restaurants nearby, but the best views of the city were from the rooftop bar.
And, the prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Pristina, Kosovo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have staid twice in this hotel.
First time was my choice.Second time it was not my choice but because of business appointments I had to stay there. There will be no third time.The reason why I`m not going back in this hotel is a very poor quality of sleep.The worst mattresses and pillows.
I read some reviews saying about the perfect view of Tirana. Wrong. The only view that u can get is the street view. Of course if you get the street view otherwise you will and in the room that looks like a cave.No day light at all.
The perfect view that reviewers are talking about is from the restaurant on the top of the building.
Cons of this hotel are perfect location and Gjergji from the front desk.I have traveled a lot but as pleasant and friendly hotel worker as Gjergji I have never met.My best compliments for him.
Despite my negative reviews for the sleep quality and for the rooms on the back part of the hotel,I would recommend this hotel especially for its location.

Room Tip: Consult your travel agent to book the room with a street view otherwise do not stay in this hotel by...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Sky is rather a small hotel situated on 2 floors of the high Sky Tower building in Bloku area in Tirana. But considering all: the location, service, rooms, facilities, price... for me it is the best choice for stay in Tirana overall (including the few 5 star hotels too). The hotel is rather new (around 2 years or so...), the rooms are spacious and furnished in a modern style, the guys on reception are helpful and the highlight of all is perhaps the restaurant on the top floor of the tower with great 360 view to the whole city, which can be used for breakfasts and dinners, and is really great both because the location and also the menu. Id keep staying in Sky on my trips to Tirana!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank batakoja
Belfast, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed in the Sky Hotel twice during a week-long trip to Albania in mid-October 2012. The hotel is modern, clean & the rooms are a good size. The hotel occupis the bottom 3 and top 2 floors of a building otherwise given over to offices. Breakfast & meals are served way up high, in a big room commanding a fine view over Tirana and the mountains that surround it. I ate their once in the evening. I wasnt particularly relaxed, as I was due to fly back to London on a late evening flight. However, the food, which was Italian in style, was well prepared, well presented & (most importantly) good to eat.

One floor up is the Sky bar, which rotates slowly as you sup you beer. Beer price was 300 lekk for 0.5L Tuborg (a typical price for some of the trendy bars that surround the hotel). Good view, cold beer. What else matters??

For me, it was the staff that made my stay special. They really could not have been more helpful. I wanted a late check-out. Like most hotels, if you want to stay beyond 4, you have to pay for a full day. I checked out at 7, and there was no question of paying more than the rate applicable to a 4 o'clock departure.

I hear the owner is opening a second Sky Hotel in Tirana, shortly. Good luck. You deserve to do well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NED541287
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Sky Hotel overnight while on a ground tour of the Balkans. The Sky Hotel was the best of the hotels on our itinerary. Our sleeping room was very comfortable with numerous amenities available in the bathroom, to include robes, soaps, toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc.. We had a group dinner in the restaurant at the top. Food was excellent and the wine was very good. Breakfast was good and the expansive view over Tirane was interesting. Front desk staff were very helpful.

Our group did a walking tour of the areas around the hotel that included a local market. Very interesting! I was able to purchase an "Albanian passport" which was just a cover for any passport. I showed it to our tour guide and she just about had a cow, insisting that I not show it again, as it would hold us up at any border crossing while they checked it and me out!

Interesting to note that when we entered Albania, despite the fact that we all had to wait on the bus for about 40 minutes, we did not get a border crossing stamp in our passport. On our way out of Albania into Macedonia, we did get a stamp in our passport. The stamps were placed on the last page of our passports and each stamp was upside down.

Room Tip: It is my understanding that all of the spacious rooms have a great view of Tirane.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank photoguy66degrees
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

The Sky Hotel is located in central Tirana and is very clean, quiet with large rooms, fast Wifi and excellent service. I had no issues checking in very late (excellent English spoken) and had an excellent breakfast at their rooftop restaurant. Most of the city is visible, nestled among the hills, from an excellent vantage point at the top of the hotel. It was warm enough in October to enjoy coffee early in the morning outside. Beds were firm but comfy, rooms were large and even had a patio off my room (large patio, enough for small marching band!!). The television has a wide range of channels including English. I always felt secure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business