“My Albanian Family Hotel :D”
Review of Hotel Viktoria

Hotel Viktoria
Ranked #56 of 91 Hotels in Tirana
Cairo, Egypt
“My Albanian Family Hotel :D”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

What can I say, this hotel is just great ! I've visited Albania for the second time and trust me the ONLY choice I had in mind was defiantly VH!!! Staff I consider my good friends !!! I mean everyone was always around helping, making sure you are in best comfort possible! Eno (Manager of Hotel) and I had many discussions late @ night, great time!!! Anyone who is visiting Albania and is seeking a CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, AFFORDABLE and FRIENDLY STAFF, VH is the place to book! Its not only a Hotel its a HOME! thats how impressed I am, Def visit Albania again and Def be choosing my Home VH :D

Room Tip: Experienced both the double and single rooms, both are just high standard and most importantly (my p...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Mohammed A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We really liked this place- clean, big rooms and a good breakfast. Nice view too! All the staff were so so friendly and helpful, they really couldn't have been nicer. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely return here if back in Tirana (which no doubt we will be, because we loved it).
The only thing is that's it's quite far out of town. However the bus system is great once you get your head around it. Luckily, on arrival in Tirana, we were helped by a very kind American lady who put us on the correct bus (and even paid our fare!)- you need to get the bus "Qendër - TEG" (the shopping centre), we picked it up from the downtown end of Rruga e Elbasanit. We had the whole bus trying to help us find Hotel Viktoria, and eventually one very friendly chap assured us he knew where it was... and he did! After about 20 minutes, once you've driven past the BIG park and then the shops/ cafes in Sauk, you'll get dropped off at a petrol station, and the hotel is just up the hill on the right. In retrospect probably worth getting a taxi the first time, but the whole experience only made us love Albania more.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank inwonderoftheworld
Kotor, Montenegro
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel staff were excellent. They were polite and spoke very good english. The only minus was breakfast. It was poor (cheese, boiled eggs, tomatoes, bread, butter, jam, milk and juice). Also the room was very cold and we had only one blanket... It was very hard to find hotel ( especially at night).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anita B
Schoorl, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel with 4 adults and reserved the spacious family room for only euro 55,-- inclusive breakfast. The staff was very friendly, speaking goog english and took a long time giving us advises about Albania and travelling there. We came by private plane to Tirana Airport and the hotel booked the cheapest rental car for us. We were picked up on arrival and dropped of for departure. That saved a lot of time and money. The hotel is located just outside the city, with nice views over the countrysite and at walking distance to some coffee shops and restaurants. Free parking places are available. The breakfast was complete and more than enough.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mark-Frank
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We booked this hotel, based on comments from tripadvisor. We booked the hotel via booking.com.
To make sure the hotel recieved our booking I contacted the hotel directly who indeed confirmed they had recieved our booking and the room would be ready upon arrival. The day before we were suppose to arrive at the hotel (!) we recieved an mail from Hotel Viktoria stating that Regretfully they had to inform us that they have to cancel our reservation due to a last minute reservation from a touristic group for the entire hotel during the dates of our stay. As a reply to my mail that I was completely shocked by this, I recieved the answer that this is not a matter of personal preferences for choosing some clients over some others, but a matter of business! !!
On top, via booking.com we recieved that same day the message that Hotel Viktoria contacted them with the message that the hotel could not accomplish our reservation with the credit card details we provided. We needed to change these details before 6.00pm on the day of arrival. The hotel would maintain our reservation until 6.00pm on the day of arrival

So Who is fooling who?

Fact is, less than 24h before arrival in Tirana, we had no hotel reservation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank SarDC
, Owner at Hotel Viktoria, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to learn your experience with us in June was not up to your expectations and the problems you faced with the reservation. I want to express to you my felt apology for the unfortunate situation you experienced.
As you have mentioned we had to cancel some bookings due to a last minute group reservation . I completely understand your displeasure for the last minute communication but nonetheless I must point out that, after reading all the email correspondence you had with our hotel, the personnel has followed our standard procedure in case of a last minute overbooking due to a group reservation! This means that they have informed you about the room unavailability and alternatively have offered to accommodate you in a nearby hotel with the same quality standard and slightly nearer to the city center. Maybe this information wasn't expressed clearly enough, even-though present in two consecutive emails! For this reason I personally did speak with the staff emphasizing the importance of making sure to give all the needed information's in the most detailed and professional way that is possible in order to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings and troubles to our guests!
I would like to assure that all the appropriate actions have been taken and would like to welcome you in the future to experience a memorable experience in our Hotel.

Kindest regards
Petrit Kashariqi
Hotel Viktoria Owner
Siatista, Greece
Reviewed 10 May 2012

i stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as i had visited Tirana for bussiness. The hospitality was excellent and the staff was extremely helpful and gentle. the hotel is very quiet in a safe area with a very safe private parking for your car. Also the room was very clean and compfortable. Fast wifi in the room was available for free. I would be very confident to recommend this hotel to everyone. The price is very low for the services that provides. RECOMMENDED 100%

Anastasios from Greece

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Anastasios600
Pirbright
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I just stayed there for a week for work. I chose the hotel because of the recommendations on this site and it lived up to its good reputation. They also provide transport (own taxi) at reasonable prices and it is close to the new TEG shopping centre with a a large Carrefour supermarket. There are nice views of the surrounding countryside which is still quite rural. The bus system between the town centre and the supermarket, which goes past the hotel, works well. Although I was working and could not visit many things, Albania is developing in an impressive way and will soon become a major tourist destination. Wake up Easyjet/Ryanair and add this to your network!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business