“Family run, good value”
Review of Hotel Vila e Arte

Hotel Vila e Arte
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Tirana
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Good value cheap hotel close to the centre of Tirana. Varied reviews suggest it may be a bit of a lottery with rooms but mine was great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Room is clean, wifi works well. Breakfast is limited but nice.I was able to leave my bag there when my bus was delayed. Area surrounding is a bit run down but typical of Tirana.

The staff could not do enough for me and their attentiveness was appreciated. Excellent!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I loved the hotel vile e arte. We stayed in Tirana the first 2 nights of our trip and our last night. We stayed at a different hotel our first night and then Vile e Arte our last and wished that we had stayed at Vile e Arte all 3 nights. We used booking.com that does not have detailed reviews and I was wavering on what hotel to choose - all were in the $50- $55/night price range. This hotel was far superior for the $5 extra that I spent. My first hotel was worth $50/night but the villa e arte felt more like I was in an $85-$100/ night hotel. Points that were better, all rooms were new, bathrooms new, modern furnishings and design, comfortable beds, decent size rooms, ( the other hotel had larger rooms but not by much), staff spoke better english, staff was more helpful, breakfast was far superior, garden for breakfast or tea, free parking, The feel of the place was just more luxurious then any place that I stayed on the 10 day trip. I know how hard it is to judge by reviews if a place is good or not but I believe for Tirana in this price range you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We saw the apartment and it was AMAZING. If you can afford it or have a family, I would highly reco...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was very nice. We went to Budva and Ulcjin before we came to Tirana and this was our best hotel on that trip to that point. This family run boutique hotel is an excellent value for money. They have everything and it's done with a touch of care. The hotel has wifi on every floor (in some hotels in Albania, wifi doesn't reach the actual rooms because the router is on the ground floor etc), great cable channels (sometimes you just want to watch TV and they had so many channels on all different languages, English, French, German and even Russian). They had parking slot for us when we rented a car. Breakfast spread is wonderful - they once run out of eggs on the buffet and since I came late, I told my friend "Oh no fried eggs anymore?". The hotel manager heard me and told me she can order more. Then they brought it to me to the patio outside where we had breakfast. (how nice!) Another charming thing is: they serve espresso coffee for breakfast, not drip coffee but espresso! We each had two cappucinos each morning and that was included in the price of the hotel. The staff was very friendly. I once bought a watermelon and needed a knife and a plate, they gave it to me in the middle of the night. Finally, the hotel is located about 3 minutes walk to the main square. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Before you book, try calling them and check if their price is cheaper than online. We booked online...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danikbp
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Vila e Arte have a nice location close to Skanderbeg Square. Staff speak good English and service is good. They found out the details for our onwards travel to Sarandë, and accurately so. The restaurant has a terrace in the interior of the block, very quiet and comfortable. The family room is good, but some of the furnishings are shaky (shower cabin, lights). The only real downside was a loud wedding party on our second night, which kept us awake for quite some time. It wasn't mentioned during check-in, which is unfortunate.

Room Tip: The family room is good for 4 people. The apartment is way bigger, but also a good deal more expensi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Excellent central location, like a quiet haven in buzzling and noisy Tirana. Friendly and helpful staff. Some language problems, but they managed quite well, and will surely improve given time.

The top floor apt seemed to have everything, but the big kitchen lacked amenities for self-catering.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed in the Apartment, it's clean, Nice big balcony and you can see the Mountains. The city center is nearby, just a short walk.The hotel staf is very friendly and help you With whatever you like. I'm impressed! Can highley recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Friendly, nice, clean, quiet, easy to find, close to everything - a very good hotel. Centrally located, good English spoken, good breakfast - inside or outside. Reasonably priced.

Very helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo