“Better than any standard five star hotel”

Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Tirana
Germany
“Better than any standard five star hotel”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel has a very nice architecture with stylish lobbies, garden and restaurant areas. Very friendly staff and comfortable rooms - which are very noisy at night when located to the main street and not to the back. Location of the hotel is better than the other international hotel in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthias L
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Matthias,

thank you very much for such a positive review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for commenting on our location, hotel architecture, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. All of us at the Rogner Hotel Tirana are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean and well maintained facillity.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future to experience even more of what we offer.

Rogner Hotel Tirana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Athens
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Central location. Very clean rooms and new thick towels.
Very helpful staff. Sometimes shy, but polite. Breakfast meets standards of 4star hotels in big European cities.
Tip for Greeks: staff speaking Greek in many cases.
I have stayed also in July and garden is a plus too.
Decoration is not my style, but that's subject to personal aesthetics. No maintenance problems.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Katy,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us.
It was a pleasure to read through your review and to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much indeed for your praise of all aspects of our hotel included our team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rogner Hotel Tirana again soon.

Warm regards,
London
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great spot in walking distance of all you need for Tirana. Nice layout, bar, restaurant etc. all perfectly acceptable and the staff are charming. Some rooms have balconies that look out over the garden and pool area looking up tp the mountains. very eye pleasing. Car parking underneath can get tricky when it's busy but all in all a recommendation

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay with us.
We are so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with the service that the Rogner Hotel Tirana is so well known for. We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are already looking forward to taking care of you during your next stay.

Haywards Heath W. Sussex
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have stayed in Tirana on a number of occasions but usually stay at the Hotel Airport Tirana (see earlier review) as we have a very short stay and the proximity to the airport makes it the obvious choice.
However on this occasion myself and two colleagues had 24 hours , so, I asked my office if they could arrange a hotel in the city centre. The journey to the hotel was about 25 minutes and cost 25 euros. The hotel were happy to pay the taxi driver for me and add it to the bill which I always find useful. First impressions were very good with a very nice reception area leading out onto a large landscaped garden. Check-in was very fast and efficient.
My room (114) was excellent and appointed in a Scandinavian style with light pine. There was a flat screen TV and a good bathroom with separate shower. The room overlooked the main street at the front of the hotel. There is a very good free wi-fi.
In the evening we decided to eat out rather than in the hotel just so we could see a bit more of Tirana. I had a good night's sleep although I woke up once as the room was quite warm. The air conditioning didn't seem to be working so I simply opened one of the windows which did the trick. I did not find the traffic noise a problem.
In the morning we had breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. The choice of food was reasonable, I have had better, but it was more than sufficient. I liked the fact that you could order a proper cappucino rather than a normal coffee.
The outside area where the pool is, is delightful and it was a shame that the weather meant we couldn't eat our breakfast out there.
Our trip back to the airport took the same time.
This is an excellent hotel and would recommend to anyone staying in Tirana.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alhowt
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community.
We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and found our place great, with excellent rooms and very good free Wi-Fi. We strive to achieve those qualities and are happy to know that we succeeded!
Thank you for your detailed review and for staying with us.

We are already looking forward to host you again sometime soon!

Best wishes and Happy New Year!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed for two nights, visiting with a large group of people. Was impressed by service, quality of food, as well as the comfortability of location. Having breakfast in the outside garden was wonderful. Outside swimming pool is wonderful, especially when it is hot outside. Live music at the restaurant.

Room Tip: I would recommend the room that does not face the boulevard, instead facing the inside garden/ swimm...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Li0602
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your fantastic review, and for choosing to stay with us recently at Rogner Hotel Tirana.

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your comments. We are thrilled that you were so pleased with your visit and impressed by our service, quality of food and location.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back, hopefully in the near future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Visited the hotel early June when the climate was delicious. The garden with the breakfast restaurant and the pool was just superb. Nice, quiet and with excellent sevice. Also very good rooms. Add the location in the absolute middle of the capital and it ends up to be one of my definate hotel favourites.

Room Tip: I lived towards the main street, but a perfect air condition and sound protective windows made me sl...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jann24
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Rogner Hotel Tirana, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of all aspects of our hotel. It is immensely gratifying to know that we met your expectations.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback; it is very much appreciated by the entire team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rogner Hotel Tirana again in the near future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had the privilege of staying her on business, and was quite pleased with the service, hospitality and pricing of food and drink at this wonderful hotel.

Bottom Line Up Front:
This is a really nice hotel. You won't be disappointed. Read me comments under "The Others" for the constructive criticism I offer for the hotel's consideration.

The Good Points:
-Nice spacious rooms
-Nicely appointed bathrooms with plenty of water pressure and a face cloth (not always available outside the US)
-Reasonably priced food & drink
-Fitness Center
-Great breakfast. The omelet station was a very welcome touch.
-The hotel catered our conference, and they did an outstanding job.

The Others:
-Nightly rate was above what my company allows, so if this wasn't a vital conference where I can get an exception - I'd have to look elsewhere
-I have no complaints about the breakfast, there is a large variety of hot & cold items available. However, I would like to see some variety in the options offered from day to day. I was there long enough to see that the options don't change much from day to day.
-Some of the equipment in the fitness center was a bit dated. I like keeping track of the statistics of my workouts, and I was unable to do so with the way the existing equipment is configured (you'll need to be able to read German). That said, I would place this facility at the top end of self-service hotel workout facilities. This is not a gym with Trainers/Attendants. Many 5 star hotels offer full service gyms, and while I don't require that level of service - I would have liked equipment that was a bit more modern for the nightly rate I was paying.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the garden in the hotel's interior. Not only will you enjoy the view o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Eva X, Manager at Rogner Hotel Tirana, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at the Rogner Hotel Tirana.

We were delighted to read, that you remained highly satisfied with the services provided by our team during your stay. Thank you so much for rating the location, sleep quality, rooms, cleanliness and service so highly and for mentioning the spacious rooms and the quality of our breakfast. It is always very interesting and useful to hear which aspects of our service and facilities guests particularly enjoy.

Regarding our gym, please rest assured that your feedback will be certainly passed to the related department for consideration when future decisions will be made.

Once again on behalf of our team, we would like to thank you for your valuable input for our future improvement. This certainly helps us to be better moving forward.

We are very much looking forward to taking care of you during your next stay.