“Best italian restaurant in the city”
Review of Osteria Basilico

Osteria Basilico
Ranked #64 of 670 Restaurants in Tirana
Price range: US$0 - US$2
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Best italian restaurant in the city. We enjoyed our luch so much. The food was genuine and tasty.

Thw owner is a very kind person. Everything was just perfect.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was my first time going there and i was amazed with the taste and the pasta, then wanting to try the steak i gave it a go and it was just wow . The place is cosy and the ppl who run it are ever so friendly. I would go again and try whatever is on the menu as the menu changes daily. they cook a few things every day but they do damn good . Thank you lovely ppl.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've been at Basilico twice and I love it.The place is very small, so you'd sometimes need to make reservations. The prices are slightly higher than other restaurants in the area, but the food is authentic and delicious.
There's not too many choices in the menu, so for food explorers, two or three visits would be enough to try everything.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I normally do not write negative reviews based on service or atmosphere, finding the food to be the most important item in any restaurant. However, Basilico has inspired me to do just that. My fiancee and I arrived for lunch to a dirty restaurant filled with smoke despite the clear 'no smoking' sign on the door. After being seated, we were given a menu in Italian and Albanian. My fiancee speaks fluent Albanian and Italian; she could not understand the waitress, and the waitress couldn't pick a language to speak to her in. After we settled on our food, we attempted to order, only to find that the menu we were given was not actually the menu of the restaurant--rather, we were supposed to order off of the daily menu, and use the larger, complete menu for the wine list. This would have been fine if it were explained up front...but it wasn't. After finding that none of our dishes were on the daily menu, my fiancee (in English) said 'I don't want to eat here anymore', to which the waitress replied 'Okay, grazie', turned on her heel and stormed off. Needless to say, we left.

I have no doubt that the food is fine, following other reviews. But a waitress that clearly could care less about her customers ruined the experience for us. Instead, we walked over to Artigiano and had delicious Italian pizza with exemplary service. Do yourself a favor and do the same.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

For me, this is what eating out is about. Relaxed atmosphere, cosy surroundings and lovely food and wine.
Roberto and his staff are excellent hosts and clearly take pride in their food and wine.
I am often in Tirana on business and this is where I always make a beeline for.
I like it so much that I took the entire team out for a meal there and Roberto kindly let us take over the whole restaurant. The staff and kitchen coped marvellously well. Everybody enjoyed the evening greatly and I heard that some of them have gone back there, they loved it so much.