Lowest prices for your stay
Renaissance Hotels
US$119
US$119
Destinia.com
US$96
Booking.comUS$119
Hotels.comUS$119
eDreamsUS$119
All reviews great hotel the executive lounge taxis are cheap european games recommend this hotel rooms are big spa marriott belarus city relaxation bathtub personnel
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2019

We stayed at this property for one night on our travels to Belarus. We were there to check out the country/city as it is just opening up to more visa-free travel and wanted to see what it was all about. This hotel was an excellent choice. It is a lovely modern Marriott property of the same 4+ star standard you would find elsewhere in Europe or the U.S. It was very much a business hotel and staff all spoke excellent English. We arranged for a private car and driver because we wanted to use that time to/from the airport as part of our touring time. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. We ate both dinner and breakfast at the property (we were too jet-lagged to go elsewhere). The food was good a mix of local and international foods and the service very nice. I am both lactose and gluten intolerant and they were excellent about both - even providing fresh GF bread. Try the local sparking wine - very good. They also had a hearty borcht. A few people mentioned this as a "sex tourism hotel" - we saw no such thing - honestly the hotel was all business people, and it was an holiday week so it was pretty quiet overall in Minsk. I would advise anyone traveling to Minsk who is not a native speaker consider hiring a driver-guide, this is not a city I would attempt navigating on my own. I think we would have really struggled without him. We used Minsk Tours by Vadim - which I would recommend highly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SunSeekerMA
Reviewed 14 May 2019

I stayed here for 2 nights. Everything was great... bed, food, etc. The sink would not hold water to be able to rinse out a few clothing items, but I was supplied with a plastic basin that worked well. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2019

I stay in tons of Marriott/SPG properties worldwide, but first time in my hometown Minsk. Normally rent an apartment, bu this time is was much more cost effective to stay in hotel. I haven't stayed in Renaissance for ages, and my impression from years ago wasn't too positive. This Renaissance is nice newish clean hotel, with excellent and expert service, and well furnished rooms. Being Platinum Member, I was upgraded to a very good suite on higher floor, with tasteful decor. Bathroom was quite good too.Enjoyed access to Executive Lounge with free breakfast and other treats. Common areas and spa were well maintained too, The only slight inconvenience was the location off city center, and long walk to metro/subway. Of course, there are also taxi and Yandex (replacing Uber now). The price was right too, better then apartment in city center. Really 4.5 stars, close to 5. Won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2019 via mobile

Started coming here about 5 years ago soon after it opened. We came here because the Crown Plaza had clearly established itself as the premier place for sex tourist disguised as businessmen.
Clean, smoke and prostitute free with very friendly staff we were happy to take our business to the Renissance.
Sadly standards have dropped, with the relaxation of visa requirements, it seems sex tourism is booming and revenue is revenue and too good for the hotel management to pass up on. Now we regularly run into cute little girls in the halls and elevators that for lack of opportunity have had to spend the night with some sad, pathetic men that can’t get it at home.

The rooms are not getting maintained and are showing wear. Still not too bad to be fair but on this path it will not be good in 5 years.

We stay in suites and can only imagine these are probably the better rooms.

Hoping management can change and maintain the brand quality Marriott would be very protective of.

We will be back again this year and I will hold off until the end of the year before I write to Marriott about this sad trend if it continues and we will switch to another brand “Hilton Double Tree”

There are families here and we occasionally bring ours, don’t want to and don’t have to explain to my daughter why a young girl is being groped by a disgusting old man in the hallways.

The staff are wonderful and helpful. That’s what’s left of what I would have considered best place to stay in Minsk 5 years ago.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ekaterina_Sidor_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Minsk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Dear Traveler.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns.
We rely on our guest to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
Let me express my sincere apologies for the inconveniences due to some visitors' behaviour.
I will make sure to share your comments with related departments, as this is not the feedback we generally receive.
We appreciate you bringing all these matters into our attention, as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.
I would kindly ask you to provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back again so we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service.

Kind regards,
Ekaterina Sidor
Renaissance Minsk Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2019

Hotel was excellent and deserves its 5 star status, if you can upgrade to the club access rooms as lots of nice extra touches. Staff were very helpful and will book tickets for transport, events and everything really. I was sad to leave.

Room tip: Upgrade to the club access rooms, worth the little bit extra.
Date of stay: April 2019