“Clean, average”

Grand Hotel Sarajevo
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarajevo
Grand Hotel Sarajevo
Ranked #41 of 68 Hotels in Sarajevo
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Clean, average”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

LOCATION: the hotel was at first a bit difficult to find, but I managed eventually with the help of my sat-nav. The city attractions are accessible by car form the hotel, the walking is not recommended because of the hotel's ugly surroundings, heavy traffic, and lack of pedestrian zones in the hotel vicinity.
STAFF: the staff at the reception were generally uninterested in their own job (except one man). It seemed they were there only temporarily and that they thought they had better things to do than talking to guests.
LOBBY and CHECK-IN: Lobby wasn't impressive in any way, not with aesthetics, nor with cleanliness, nor with the reception staff. Check-in was quick, maybe in part because I've had a reservation.
ROOMS: mine was quite large. Beds were OK. Bathroom was good and clean. Only the heating didn't work, although I turned it on and set it up for heating, it only blew cold air, so I turned it off.
CLEANLINESS: good in the rooms and the bathrooms. The rest of the hotel: average.
FOOD AND RESTAURANT: an average restaurant and cafe. Food at dinner average, at breakfast OK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jasko C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed here one night as part of a tour group. The hotel is not in the most convenient location, being some distance from the old town. Taxis are cheap, however.
The hotel is a bit rundown. Our room was moderately comfortable, basically furnished and could have been a tad cleaner. Carpets were stained. The beds were comfortable enough, although the doonas lacked covers, which I found unusual. The bathroom was very small but adequate.
The free wi fi worked well in the room, which was a bonus.
We also had a great view from the window.
Sarajevo is an interesting city. The Grand Hotel provides tolerable accommodation for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julietheoracle
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had an overnight at this hotel on a tour of Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. Reading reviews before going I think people need to realize that the war caused very serious damage to Sarajevo and they still have not fully recovered. I thought the hotel was just fine considering. The showers are very! and I do mean very tiny but at least they work. We ate at the hotel for dinner and breakfast and both were very good and the beds were comfortable...the view from our room was amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1cdscanada
Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Located away from the old town which is the main attraction of Sarajevo. On a hill overlooking a tall modern newspaper company building. Not so easy to access attractions from location, although I guess taxis seemed cheap. Room we stayed in was basic with not a lot of atmosphere. Seemed more like just above hostel standard, certainly not to 4* standard as advertised. Common areas were nicer. Shower cubicle very small. Bedding OK, carpet stained , overall cleanliness could have been better. Free Wifi in room was appreciated.
Cost was reasonable so there was some value for money. Breakfast buffet was basic but generally adequate. We only stayed one night and I probably wouldn't like to stay for a longer period.
Hopefully as Sarajevo tourism increases and the economy has some benefit from this the infrastructures that service this industry will be in a better position to upgrade.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank davestan12016
New Zealand
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Quite basic but I did have a great view of a very modern blue glass and steel tower from my room. I can't remember much about this hotel, so it must have been acceptable. I do remember there wasn't much choice at breakfast and there were no ordinary teabags, just floral tea, so thank goodness I had been tipped off about lack of tea and coffee making facilities in European hotel rooms. I had taken my own little 'in-cup' immersion heater, a mug and spoon, and lots of my favourite tea bags and some powdered milk. I was able to use my own teabags at breakfast plus make my early morning cuppa in my room, as is my habit!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends