“Good location and friendly staff.”
Review of Samm Seher Hotel

Samm Seher Hotel
Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Sarajevo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in the end of July-August. The room was fine, the TV worked fine, and a short walk to the Old Town area, which has all sorts of restaurants and shops. The staff was friendly and spoke English. The hotel has a nice mountain view. (See photos) I ate breakfast in town, (I like the Burek) so I cannot comment on it, but I am sure it was fine, from what others have said. Sarajevo is a great city and I would not hesitate to stay at Motel Seher again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed at Seher in january 2012, 5 nights 6 day, my friend and me have nth to complain. Rooms were really that what we were looking for, clean, spacious, well equiped. In those 6 days, I went for breakfast only once, because we were drinking every night (vodka in front of the hostel), to be honest, Sarajevo is not so expensive town so I would skip breakfast everytime, just 50 meters down the alley you have backery with great "Burek". We booked our stay there over one web-site and they gave us really great discount what is realy rarely, sth like 20 euros per night that was great. Looking and checking Sarajevo prices after that, neither once they didn`t have so good prices. I was at least five times in Sarajevo but each next time I will stay at Seher.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed here for three nights. Overall, it was an average/good experience but for the price I'd definitely recommend doing a thorough search before settling here.

The positives...
- The staff is very friendly, and eager to help with questions.
- The room was quite clean to start.
- Good location within walking distance of the main sites.

The negatives...
- The walls of the room are literally paper thin. We could hear absolutely everything in the room next to us including snoring all night long...
- There is no ventilation in the room, nor are you able to open a window. This was very problematic when the person in the room next to us chain smoked all day/evening. It literally smelled like a smoky bar in our room. The paper thin walls obviously didn't do a good job of keeping the smoke out.
- The bed wasn't comfortable, and there was a very scratchy top blanket (with no top sheet).
- We stayed for three nights and our room wasn't cleaned once, nor were we given clean towels.
- The breakfast was below average. Supplies run out quickly too so if you don't wake up early, it's likely there won't be much left.
- At 42 euros (in the low travel season), this place was definitely overpriced (due to everything mentioned above).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in Motel Seher for 3 nights during my visit in Sarayevo in June 2012. The motel is small, but comfortable and very well located right in the heart of the Old Town of Sarayevo. I found the room to be clean, comfortable (loved the mattress!) and providing all necessary facilities. The terrace offered a beautiful view of the mountains, but then again the entire area is amazing. The staff consists of young people, very friendly and happy to share tips regarding places to go and see. Breakfast was basic, but tasty and traditional (liked the fact that you could choose from fresh cheese, eggs or honey instead of the usual processed food served in most hotels). Felt like at home in the "kitchen area" as you can prepare your own tea or coffee if nobody from the hotel staff is around. They don't mind you helping yourself and they don't seem to be very formal about it. To resume it all, I enjoyed my staying at Seher Motel, already recommended it to my friend who will soon visit Sarayevo and if I ever find myself in the area again, I know where to go.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the attic because the curved ceiling is a pain and you'll have to watch your head...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently visited Sarajevo for a 10 day ski holiday and wanted to stay in "Old Town" Sarajevo. As I would be skiing every day I was only looking for a low-cost basic clean hotel. Motel Seher was the perfect selection. Room was clean and comfortable with a nice hot shower for the post ski day. Close to taxi and tram transportation, but I could walk most places of interest. Plenty of good places to eat and have that evening drink. Staff very friendly and helpful (confirmed flights, arranged taxi) WiFi access available. I was there when we got 1.5 meters of snow and nothing moved in Sarajevo, but still had a great time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I like to stay at hotels where owners and staff are friendly, so we had a good time here! I felt they were more helpful than expected - for example they helped put our car in a safe yet free parking place. Also they make great Bosnian coffee (you ask for it, you get it).
Yes the place is basic, and for more money you find hotels in exactly the bazaar, but still I think this is of great value, and you only need to walk 5 minutes to the bazaar.
By the way, there is a lovely little slasticarna on the way down, at the bus station, where a nice old gentleman serves nice cakes and lemonade!

Room Tip: Since we were 4 of us, we asked for the biggest room. I like to ask for large rooms anywhere, but th...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The room is very basic,really nothing special,good this is that is close to the city center.

On the website it says that they don't charge the online reservation,and they say that in the hotel as well,they say they only charge cash,no credit cards.They said that to me a few times,so that's how i've payed,but then 2 days later i saw they also charged me from the card as well! They wouldn't even bother letting me know that there was a mistake,and when i called and said:"Hey,why did u charge me twice when u said a few times that u don't take cards!"they said no problem,we will send u back the money...Of course they didn't do it,and when i called again they told me that next time i will have a "free" room for a night,for what they have charged me more! First of all,am I ever gonna go back there?Second,its not free when u have already payed for it,actually when ur money was stolen! I don't recommend this place,there are better options for less money around the Europa hotel in the city center,and of course,why would you go to a place where they can steal from you?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo