“Stunning,Informative,Excellent”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$141.49*
and up
Sarajevo to Dubrovnik One-Way Day Trip via Mostar...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We believe one the of the most important things in life is to get rid of prejudices and stereotypes in every aspect of life. Our vision in regard of tourism: Sarajevo & Bosnia and Herzegovina - zero prejudice through better understanding and stunning sightseeing. Join us for some great trips throughout Sarajevo and BH to learn and see more in best way possible. Much love!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 April 2014

3 Friends and I booked the Mostar & Jalce tours with Skender from Funky Tours and I can say that the tours were truly excellent and unforgettable. I really enjoyed these tours and am sure that my friends did to; I definitely feel we got a fantastic deal.

Our guide Faruk (from who operates HelloCity & also works with Skender) took us on the Mostar Tour, and then Skender & Faruk did the Jajce tour. They are both two highly knowledgeable and personable individuals who made the tours both informative and very enjoyable at the same time. They were happy to give us their personal experiences and recommendations on food and sites to see in Bosnia and their knowledge on the sites was second to none.

I've been on tours where the group is 40 people + however the fact that we were in a small group (4 friends) gave the tour a much more friendly & relaxed atmosphere so their was a lot more time to ask questions and truly delve deeper into the history of the country.

Lastly, not only did we go to the destinations we sought to, we also stopped at important mosques and heritage sites along the way which was very insightful and i felt like we were going on more than one tour on each journey. I would definitely recommend these tours to anybody who wishes to see a glimpse of Bosnia's rich history and stunning landscapes and views in a friendly environment. Thanks Skender and Faruk!

All reviews
"small group"
in 15 reviews
"recent history"
in 22 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Although in the past I was a bit sceptical of using tour guides, it was an absolute pleasure to meet and be guided by both Skender and Faruk. Both demonstrated an impressive knowledge of historical and political developments in Bosnia and Herzegovina adding a concoction of local stories giving the tour a more personable touch, whilse respecting objectivity.

I will definitely be returning to Bosnia in the future and in the meantime will be recommending Sarajevo Funky Tours to family and friends as I truly had such a wonderful and inspiring time.

Many thanks once more and I hope your company continues to grow from strength to strength.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The total siege tour is a must if visiting Sarajevo. Faruk our guide was brill and gave us a complete insight into the 1992-95 siege and Sarajevo. It is a tour that we will always remember and we cannot recommend it enough. Thanks again Faruk.

1  Thank normanNIreland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I took both the Siege Tour and the Mostar Day Tour. Because I was travelling in the off-season, it was only at the very last minute that Skender was able to confirm availability but he was great about keeping me updated. I'm so happy the tours worked out -- the day and a half I spent were memorable and felt more like several days because I saw and learned so much.

The tour group for both days consisted of me, a couple (coincidentally staying at the same hotel I was) and our lovely guide, Faruk (who operates HelloCity, another company, but works with Skender).

The intimacy of the small group made such a difference: it felt more like going on a road trip with friends, much different from the vibe of an overly structured coach tour. I know they try to keep the groups small for that very reason. Faruk was knowledgeable, engaging and really keen to make sure we were comfortable, happy and safe.

Both tours were absolutely fantastic -- I'd recommend both as essential. The Mostar day tour is a lot more than you'd think from the description on the website. I'd imagined going to Mostar and back with a few quick stops along the way but it was more like a road trip through the country. It felt like I saw quite a bit of Bosnia and Herzegovina in just that one day, though of course I know there's much more to see.

I saw and learned so much about this little country in just the day and a half I spent with Faruk. I only wish I'd had more time to explore but, thanks to these tours, I feel like I made the most of the little time I had there.

To try and list all the things I saw and learned and experienced would take several pages. Suffice it say, I got so much more than my money's worth. I can't recommend these guys (or this country) highly enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This has got to me one of the best tours I have taken on all my travels. Skender is such an interesting, friendly guy, with first hand experience of the war but he is still somewhat impartial. He doesn't 'Serb bash' but gives an informative overview, interesting insight and is happy to answer any questions may have.

The tour itself covers some of the best spots in Sarajevo, such as the war tunnel, airport, the mountains where the shelling was taking place and see the dramatic and beautiful views over Sarajevo. You visit the former Olympic village, now completely dilapidated, and see some places of interest in relation to the war.

Highly recommended and an absolute must when visiting the special Sarajevo!

1  Thank CTRDM