“Plitvice - Una - Jajce - Sarajevo - Mostar - Dubrovnik!!!”

Sarajevo Funky Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$141.49*
and up
Sarajevo to Dubrovnik One-Way Day Trip via Mostar...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We believe one the of the most important things in life is to get rid of prejudices and stereotypes in every aspect of life. Our vision in regard of tourism: Sarajevo & Bosnia and Herzegovina - zero prejudice through better understanding and stunning sightseeing. Join us for some great trips throughout Sarajevo and BH to learn and see more in best way possible. Much love!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 October 2014

We never believed that trip to Bosnia would be highlight of our Balkans trip this year. As we were spending some time in Croatia we planned to visit Bosnia for 3-4 days, so we got in touch with Sarajevo Funky Tours and together we planned the following itinerary which started in Plitvice and ended in Dubrovnik.
Being picked up in Plitvice on the first day we did Una National Park, for which we even never knew it even existed until we came there. Out of 4 days in Bosnia, probably the best part of the trip.

At Una we got a chance to see amazing river and its stunning waterfalls and were so lucky to meet a local family who offered us with delicious Bosnian coffee and local types of pectin, jams and honey - 100% natural made and so delicious. This is a must.
Later we passed through Jajce town and explored history and sights of Pliva mills, lakes and waterfalls together with Travnik and its amazing fort.

Sarajevo was great as well, as there we had time to learn about history of this amazing city, from period of Ottoman history to unfortunate 1990s and siege of Sarajevo. Sarajevo has great vibe, unlike many places we have been and definitely is must see when travelling in Balkans. Food is so tasty and mountains around are so beautiful. Try chevapi, burek and ustipci.

On the way to Dubrovnik we did one night in amazing Mostar and of course been on the bridge - almost did a dive :) but left it for the next time when we come back.

Tried best ever trout in Blagaj, walked Pocitelj and seen "small Niagara" as our guide called Kravice waterfalls.

We will be back for more of amazing Bosnia.

Thank you.

"small group"
in 15 reviews
"recent history"
in 22 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 6 October 2014

We were collected from our hotel in Sarajevo exactly on time after an easy online booking negotiation. We were instantly made to feel we were in the company of a professional, knowledgeable guide who explained the complicated history of Sarajevo's struggle in the 1990s. Skender also told us about his own personal experiences of the war during our visits to the Tunnel Museum and other sites around the city. He made the tour fascinating without overwhelming us with too much information and we were able to ask many questions to clarify the story. This Siege Tour was definitely the highlight of our tour of Bosnia- a beautiful, forested and mountainous country. We were so pleased we had Skender and Funky Tours as our guide and cannot recommend them enough! Brilliant.

Reviewed 4 October 2014 via mobile

I took the two day tour of Bosnia & Herzgovina ending in Dubrovnik. Skender was a pleasure to communicate with and was helpful in every way possible. I never had the chance to meet him, but was thankful all the same to him for coordinating the tour.

My friend and I were joined by another traveler for the 2 day tour. With Faruk as our guide, I can say that this tour was amazing. Faruk's love for his country was evident and his stories really enriched our understanding. I think that's the thing - you're not given a history lecture that you could have read yourself from a textbook. The team really goes above and beyond to showcase the soul of the country and it will leave you speechless. I will never forget this tour and hope to return very soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2014

I arranged with Skender for a private tour of Sarajevo for me and my family; he was super friendly, attentive and helpful.
Skender was not free, so he arranged for his father, Salem, to give us the tour. The tour lasted about 3 hours; we were taken to many sites, saw video footage of the war, and went in the "war-tunnel", and many more.
Salem picked us up in the hotel and gave us a truly unique, interesting and personal history of the Sarajevo Siege. It was super interesting since the tour was full of stories and experiences of Salem himself, who was there during the whole war.

I would highly recommend this tour and Salem; it was definitely the highlight of our trip and I would go as far as saying it is a 'MUST' for any visitor to Bosnia.

Exceptional friendliness and professionalism!