“Great top of the range hotel”

Hotel Bristol Sarajevo
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Sarajevo
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great top of the range hotel”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Me and my family stayed at this fantastic hotel during our visit to Sarajevo.
The service was excellent, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
We had the junior suite and found it very spacious. Thr breakfast was great and very varied. There was a chef on hand to cook omelettes etc fresh infront of you if you wanted.
It is a little bit out of the old town, this being the only slight drawback.
The hotel itself cannot be faulted in any way and I'd happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Mo-Oxford
bristolsarajevo, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Mo-Oxford,

Thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that we were able to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Customer service along with product quality are our key focus points to ensure satisfied customers.

Mo-Oxford, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sarajevo and Hotel Bristol in the not too distant future.

Kai Behrens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Wooh! First off can I just say I've been away for 11 days wondering around eastern Europe (croatia, montenegro and bosnia) and stayed in at least 6 different properties, Bosnia always gives me creepy, unsafe feelings mainly due to the war some 10 years ago, (and it was really foggy!) but man what a surprise when I first stepped into the hotel lobby!
Located around 30 minutes from downtown Sarajevo pretty convenient as it got 1-2 shopping malls around.
Came here with a large group, the staffs greeted us at the door and assisted on the bags promptly. Offered us immediately Internet access codes as we're still waitin for the room keys.( free wifi within the premises). You see groups always mixed up the room numbers and rearrange everything but the staff changed the names in the opera system right away so we don't have any problems logging to the Internet using our name! Fantastic stuff.
Dinner next to the lobby was great! We had salmon with roasted potatoes and it was delicious!
I was in room 1207 and I reckon the room is around 500 square feet! The bathroom alone is at least 250! It has a separate standing shower ( with an overhead rainshower!) and a bathtub! Bathrobes were available but again there's no toothbrush and paste so you have to bring your own.
Went down to the swimming pool water temperature was a little bit cold for me but it was very nice. My roommate and I booked a massage (I had the medical whilst she had the relax) for 30 minutes and it was just 40 euro in total! Great deal!
The breakfast venue is the same as the dinner one. Great variety of choices.
Did I mention the minibar is for free? Yes! It is! 2 diet cokes 2 regular cokes 4 bottles of water 2 apple juices and 2 orange juices. FREE!
Although it was only a stopover before Heading to Zagreb I can say this was the best among the other properties I've stayed during this trip. Might wanna try the other hotel Bristols around the globe!

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Jacqueline A
bristolsarajevo, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Man_U_canuck,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at Hotel Bristol with us. It is a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your time at our property. I sincerely hope the hotel helped to brighten the image of Bosnia for you and you are returning back to this part of the world in the near future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Sarajevo and Hotel Bristol.

California
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We spent five nights at the Hotel Bristol where my meeting was scheduled, and couldn't have been happier with the hotel. The rooms are spacious and elegantly furnished. The Bristol is right on the main street, but good sound insulation keeps out most noise, although you can still hear the bells of the church next door when they ring (not very often). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and when we returned from a field trip, we felt as though we were being welcomed home. The hotel is Muslim and therefore dry. Breakfasts are generous and the food sufficiently varied to meet any taste (unless you have to have pork sausages). One recommendation is the tiny trattoria around the corner from the hotel entrance. We found it almost by accident on our first night, and enjoyed the food so much that we ate there three times during our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mikrat
bristolsarajevo, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear Mikrat,

Thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that the Hotel Bristol team was able to exceed your expectations and you considered us as your home away from home.

The entire Hotel Bristol team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Split, Croatia
Reviewed 27 November 2011

New hotel (actually old hotel, but newly built after being crushed at war), and really nice equipped.
It's a dry hotel, as is owned by Saudi origin company, but it is not a big problem, bigger one is that you can not eat or drink anything after 11pm, as all the bars and restaurants are closed, and there is no room service after that time.
Staff is great, and rooms are perfect, but for the price, you would expect at least some service during the night.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klinika
bristolsarajevo, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear Klinika,

First of all thank you very much for sharing the experiences of your recent visit to Sarajevo with us. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the time in our property and experienced the staff as well as the facility as very good. Furthermore thank you very much for your comments regarding the opening hours of our restaurants. Comments like yours will enable us to analysis our operation and take corrective measurements if the occasion occurs. As you have highlighted, The Brasserie restaurant is closing at 23:00 on a daily basis, but after reading your comment, I have asked my Food & Beverage team to review these hours.

Klinika, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sarajevo and the Hotel Bristol in the near future.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 November 2011

High standard hotel in Sarajevo, with good location, detail oriented design and well selected facility, hotel staff are nice and helpful.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Peng H
bristolsarajevo, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Peng H,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo.

It will be my great pleasure to welcoming you back to Sarajevo and Hotel Bristol.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This has to be amongst the best hotels I have ever stayed in throughout the world. The property excells in terms of quality and service. Although rated 4 stars in reality this is 5. Located in the business area of Sarajevo it about a 2 minute walk from the Number 3 tram stop. This tram will take you to the old town (an absolute must see). You can also walk it in about 45 minutes, the walk being quite pleasant.

I stayed in a Superior Room, the basic at this hotel. The room was newly refurbished had a very comfortable bed, complimentary mini bar (soft drinks), flat screen TV with international channels (including Sky News/CNN). Internet was complimentary and actually worked! The bathroom was reasonably sized and clean.

The hotel provides 2 full service restaurants (News and The Brasserie). News was more relaxed focusing on "comfort food", whilst The Brasserie offered a variety of international dishes. I dined in both and the quality of food was excellent on both occasions with prices very reasonable.

This is a dry hotel (no alcohol served) and also the restaurants are Halal. For me this is not a problem, but those liking a drink may wish to note this. The hotel can provide a car service from the airport and train station. I recommend this service for simplicity and security.

A special mention must be made of the conceirge desk. The staff will give you detailed recommendations for attractions and tours in Sarajevo. Nothing is too much trouble and their knowledge was excellent.

I cannot stress the excellence of this property and would recommend for business and leisure travellers to Sarajevo.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank tgsh2007
Dear thsh2007,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing the experiences of your recent stay at our property. I am very honored to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and I am especially pleased that our Concierge Department was able to exceed your expectations.

Dear thsh2007, I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Sarajevo in the not too distant future.

Bjelovar, Croatia
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I've spent 4 days in Sarajevo and what a city! When It comes to Hotel Bristol - What a Hotel! I am frequent business traveller and have been in numerous different hotels, but this one is special in any way. From welcome till checkout, staff was very polite and professional, handling all the requests from my colleagues with ease and smile. I haven't felt a single faked smile there. Have I said polite? Rooms and bathrooms are in that kind of condition that one could think he is the first guest in a brand new hotel. It is really clean and very comfortable. WiFi is good and fast, breakfast is great, restaurant has some great dishes, swimming pool and spa zone are gorgeous. And you should try their turkish coffee in the morning while reading newspapers...
Checking out in a hurry i've forgot some things in the room (those things which are usually kept in safe - some money and company ID card). Everything was delivered to my home in a shortest possible time. I was contacted couple of times by Sales Executive Aldina and Concierge Dejan which took care of everything. I had never ever experienced such care for a customer.
For now on there is only one hotel for me in Sarajevo and I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DarkoF
bristolsarajevo, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear DrakoF,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time sharing the experiences of your recent visit to Sarajevo. It a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Bristol Sarajevo. I was especially pleased to learn that the two mentioned staff members were very helpful and went the extra mile to exceed your expectations.

The entire Hotel Bristol team is looking forward to welcome you back to Sarajevo.