“we have just single rooms”
Review of Hotel Villa Orient

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villa Orient
Ranked #43 of 70 Hotels in Sarajevo
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were travelling through Bosnia i Herzegovina....by bike!!! We got Sarajevo in the late evening and we were looking for a cheap accomodation.
We found it, but we were too tired and too scared for that!
Just out of the hostel's door I had a look around me and I saw the led of Villa Orient.
We asked for double rooms to the imperturbable receptionist. He, gently, answered they have just single rooms for 50 euro each of us. We asked a special price, because we were in four, and he answered they have just single rooms for 50 euro each of us. We asked if the breakfast was included and he answered they have.....
We were too tired and we got the room.
Really comfortable single room (but you have to consider I have got more than 150 km on the bottom)

Room Tip: do not insist with receptionist
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matteo N

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I liked this hotel. I stayed here for 5 nights and I didn’t experience any bad here. I don’t understand the many negative reviews about this hotel. It’s location is the best in town, near to the old town with its small shops and restaurants, but still on a side street away from the bustle.
It has its flaws, but is still very charming. My room was clean and I had an balcony and an bathroom with a small shower cabin. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have no PC for their guests, so the lady behind the desk let me use their computer and helped me with the Web check -in and printed out my boarding cards for my coming flight.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank leffex
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Good news first: best location in the city, right in the heart of the old town. Now for the bad news: nothing worked, was nice or pleasant. What did not work? Just about everything: the bed in the fisrt room allocated to us collapsed as soon as my husband sat on it (he is not fat, just very tall,). We were given another room, and the safe could not be used at all. A friend in another room had the same problem:not only couldn't the safe be opened in any way, it was also completely unstuck, and could be taken away in a jiffy by anybody wishing to do so. The hotel staff were completely unfazed by the news (i.e.they knew already but didn't care. The word maintenance in not often used in this hotel) Our phone didn't work either, and we couldn't even call reception to report it. To our great horror, we found out late in the morning the shower didn't work either, and it was too late to do anything about it then: no shower!! The carpet was the dirtiest I have seen in a so called hotel for a long, long time. Breakfast was poor, laid out in a cold, empty basement, no staff available anywhere to help (they were all upstairs chatting and smoking like chimneys), only cold stuff, most unispiring. The urn only poured out lukewarm water for tea or (instant) coffee. The staff were polite, but unable/unwilling to fix so many problems . The restaurant was closed (we seemed to be the only guests in an otherwise cold, empty establishment - no wonder!) I noticed some reviewers talked about 4 stars. The plaque at the front in April 2011 displays 3 stars only. All in all, 2 stars would be a more accurate rating. Please, oh, please, if you want to avoid a huge disappointment, avoid this hotel if you can, it's definitely grossly overpriced for what it offers.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gioska_11
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I have no idea who was writing those coments such as 4 * hotel... coz it is not , it is 3* hotel and it is great one .
I was staying here with my clients for 10 days and we are looking forward to come again . This hotel was suggested to me from a frient from the World Bank , and i thenk them for that.
Rooms in the new part are amazing , wide with balcony , clean bathroom , nice beds , mini bar , cabel tv with 102 chan. free of charge , room service 24,7 free of charge , wi-fi free of charge , air con 24,7 free of charge .... need i say more ? Even pets are allowed , dog walker - free of charge !

I am a old woman , bit needy , but the stuff was so nice and helpfull , they even got me a tickets for Jazz fest because i forgot to make a reservation.

Breakfast is much better then any other 3* hotel .

If there is nice place in sarajevo to have dinner and you didnt make a reservation , those girls will find you a table !

Conference room is fully equipped and if you are a guest you can use it for free!

What else can i say .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I was a guest in this hotel for a four nights. The staff was very nice and helpful. the hotel is on the best place that you can find. I was surprised to learn that it was actually an old
Bosnian house it has a charm of an old time. Hotel is actually made of two parts and I was lucky to have a room in a new part of hotel where the rooms are very nice. It is open all night so we were not limited to come back early. Breakfast is good and You can also order a hot meal from the menu. I recommend these hotel and we will come back next year.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank rennee40
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The rooms were very dirty and the heat did not work despite the staff visiting and trying to fix several times. My colleagues also had rooms without heat.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank dctraveler03
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Impossible this to be a 4 star hotel - not even two. Unreasonably expensive for what it is, small and very cold rooms. Not nice at all.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business