“Great location - Friendly Staff”
Review of Hotel Villa Orient

Hotel Villa Orient
Ranked #48 of 68 Hotels in Sarajevo
Victoria, Canada
“Great location – Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Can't believe the negative reviews – our experience was completely the opposite. Friendly accommodating staff, allowed us to park our motorcycle in the courtyard nice and secure. Room was average size - with a balcony. Only complaint was that the pillows are too puffy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Hotels room are very small. There is only one room which has two sapareted bed. When we understand the heating system in the room is not working the reception interested in with this problem too late. They opened air condation after I said them for heating.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

I was pregnant and alone with my daughter (10 years), but I found my home in Sarajevo. It was august 2009 and I fell in love with this town, this beautiful people, amazing Bosnia. The hotel is nice and the position excellent. I remember Agnes, a gorgeous girl that made me feel like home. I wish to come back, Sarajevo... 'Is there a time....'

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dancelila
Lugo, Ravenna
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were travelling through Bosnia i Herzegovina....by bike!!! We got Sarajevo in the late evening and we were looking for a cheap accomodation.
We found it, but we were too tired and too scared for that!
Just out of the hostel's door I had a look around me and I saw the led of Villa Orient.
We asked for double rooms to the imperturbable receptionist. He, gently, answered they have just single rooms for 50 euro each of us. We asked a special price, because we were in four, and he answered they have just single rooms for 50 euro each of us. We asked if the breakfast was included and he answered they have.....
We were too tired and we got the room.
Really comfortable single room (but you have to consider I have got more than 150 km on the bottom)

Room Tip: do not insist with receptionist
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matteo N
Pietarsaari, Finland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I liked this hotel. I stayed here for 5 nights and I didn’t experience any bad here. I don’t understand the many negative reviews about this hotel. It’s location is the best in town, near to the old town with its small shops and restaurants, but still on a side street away from the bustle.
It has its flaws, but is still very charming. My room was clean and I had an balcony and an bathroom with a small shower cabin. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have no PC for their guests, so the lady behind the desk let me use their computer and helped me with the Web check -in and printed out my boarding cards for my coming flight.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank leffex
wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Good news first: best location in the city, right in the heart of the old town. Now for the bad news: nothing worked, was nice or pleasant. What did not work? Just about everything: the bed in the fisrt room allocated to us collapsed as soon as my husband sat on it (he is not fat, just very tall,). We were given another room, and the safe could not be used at all. A friend in another room had the same problem:not only couldn't the safe be opened in any way, it was also completely unstuck, and could be taken away in a jiffy by anybody wishing to do so. The hotel staff were completely unfazed by the news (i.e.they knew already but didn't care. The word maintenance in not often used in this hotel) Our phone didn't work either, and we couldn't even call reception to report it. To our great horror, we found out late in the morning the shower didn't work either, and it was too late to do anything about it then: no shower!! The carpet was the dirtiest I have seen in a so called hotel for a long, long time. Breakfast was poor, laid out in a cold, empty basement, no staff available anywhere to help (they were all upstairs chatting and smoking like chimneys), only cold stuff, most unispiring. The urn only poured out lukewarm water for tea or (instant) coffee. The staff were polite, but unable/unwilling to fix so many problems . The restaurant was closed (we seemed to be the only guests in an otherwise cold, empty establishment - no wonder!) I noticed some reviewers talked about 4 stars. The plaque at the front in April 2011 displays 3 stars only. All in all, 2 stars would be a more accurate rating. Please, oh, please, if you want to avoid a huge disappointment, avoid this hotel if you can, it's definitely grossly overpriced for what it offers.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gioska_11

Travellers are raving about these Sarajevo hotels

Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I have no idea who was writing those coments such as 4 * hotel... coz it is not , it is 3* hotel and it is great one .
I was staying here with my clients for 10 days and we are looking forward to come again . This hotel was suggested to me from a frient from the World Bank , and i thenk them for that.
Rooms in the new part are amazing , wide with balcony , clean bathroom , nice beds , mini bar , cabel tv with 102 chan. free of charge , room service 24,7 free of charge , wi-fi free of charge , air con 24,7 free of charge .... need i say more ? Even pets are allowed , dog walker - free of charge !

I am a old woman , bit needy , but the stuff was so nice and helpfull , they even got me a tickets for Jazz fest because i forgot to make a reservation.

Breakfast is much better then any other 3* hotel .

If there is nice place in sarajevo to have dinner and you didnt make a reservation , those girls will find you a table !

Conference room is fully equipped and if you are a guest you can use it for free!

What else can i say .