“Sarajevo ljubavi moja”

Guest house Markale
Ranked #25 of 124 Sarajevo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2013

It is often so that life keeps bringing us back to cities closest to our hearts. Of all the ex-Yugoslavian capitals, Sarajevo is the one that keeps impressing me every time I return. Last summer, 2012, we decided to spend an extended weekend there. We didnt expect finding a place to stay being close to mission impossible in the Bajram time. Hostel Markale in the city center, next to Markale market gave us more than we hoped for. Clean and airy rooms, hot water and clean bathrooms, kitchen with all its needed appliances... On top of it, on Bajram morning we were pleasantly surprised with a box of freshly made baklava with a lovely inscription from the owner.
Highly recommended to all who appreciate peace, having a car in a safe parking and all the comfort of a newly furnished hostel. Big thanks to Adnan and greetings from Slovenia.
Branka S.S.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 January 2013

As a young women in late 20s from America, I was pretty nervous about traveling to Sarajevo alone and I wasn't sure what to expect of this place. But to a great surprise I had an absolutely wonderful stay here. From the very beginning the owners and managers we so hospitable and welcoming.

Since they arrange airport pick-up and drop-off for an extra low price, the owner picked me up, told me about Sarajevo on our drive, and welcomed me with some coffee upon arrival to guest house, which was a lovely and unexpected start to my vacation. After I settled in, he was kind enough to give me maps of the city and draw me one too since I had questions about specific places. And throughout the entire trip he checked up once a day to see if I needed anything. Very, very kind of him.

The rooms themselves are great. It's nothing fancy, but they're clean, well-lit, clean linen, proper heating (I went in December), so in my books it's perfect for vacation. The kitchen and common area are also wonderful. There are tea bags, coffee, and snacks on the house, all leading to a very warm cozy place. It's also a very functional space since there's a fridge, microwave, stove- a full kitchen so one could go shopping at the market downstairs and cook. This is ideal if one were to start for a longer period of time. :)

I would stay here again when I visit and I def recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed at Guest House Markale for 3 nights during a 2 week trip through the Balkans. We really enjoyed our stay in Sarajevo and would recommend a visit to anyone, but we do wonder whether our stay was made even better due to the reception and hospitality we received at Markale. Samir and Adnan provided much welcome advise and tips and where to go and what to do whilst in Sarajevo as well as a trip further afield to Mostar. They were a delight to deal with and would recommend a stay here and were in fact sorry to leave.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This guest house could not be better located. It is a great value at a low price. It is right in the Old Town of Sarajevo, on a tram line and close to a grocery store and a green market. Brothers Adnan and Samir have very recently remodeled the family home in which they grew up into great lodging. Although the rooms are configured similar to hostel rooms with multiple beds, each person or couple is assigned their own private room. Everything is immaculately clean. There is a nice common room with an excellently equipped kitchen for guests' use, with free WiFi in the common room. We booked a shared bath room and never had to wait to use one of the shared baths. Best of all was the hospitality of our hosts Adnan and Samir. They spent the better part of an evening at the guest house one night, and brought some local desserts for us to try, and poured tasted of local liquors. They provide excellent instruction on how to reach the guest house, tailored to however you are arriving in town.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

This Guesthouse is brand new, really clean and beautiful with great beds, and totally equipped kitchen, really friendly owners and the location just couldn't be better! Here you will get value for money, that's for sure! We really enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We were at the guest house for 3 days. This place is great and owners are extra friendly. Adnan and his brother are very good hosts. Adnan was waiting for us near parking to help us with bags and organize car parking. He even lent me some money until I will exchange my own:))) Than his brother told us what to during the first evening and where to eat. Later Adnan organize for us guided tour with magnificent Neno. We were staying in private double with bathroom. It was perfectly clean and quiet. There are towels, comfortable beds and nice bathroom.
We will definitely come back. We already miss this place and Sarajevo.
Wojtek and Ola

Reviewed 26 September 2012

This lovely guest house is centrally located and is run by very friendly & extremely helpful brothers who will bend over backwards to ensure you have the very best experience in Sarajevo.

Excellent value, extremely clean, comfortable & quiet rooms, friendly hosts and located in the heart of the old town. What more could you want? Book it NOW!

• Stayed: September 2012