“Over all the best Hostel”
Review of Hostel Ljubicica

and 1 more site!
Hostel Ljubicica
Ranked #104 of 199 Speciality Lodging in Sarajevo
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am female African Hali Barry. Hi. my plan was to stay 2 days. turns to
8 days. I like the hostel and the city and all that i enjoy . I am traveling 14 countries in Europe staying in many hostels. Certainly Hostel Ljubicica Sarajevo is among the best. EXCELLENT LOCATION PRICE this means more money left in your pocket ACCOMMODATION with kitchen complete STAFF availability 24hrs friendly helpful CONVENIENT easy access fresh markets SECURITY. KITCHEN complete. The staff is approachable and very easy to deal with. they are not watching your every movement.. your space becomes yours until you check out.. Pickpocketers stole my Samsung 3G phone on the street. the staff did everything with the police report to help me. unfortunately never found and lost 4,000 photos of my trip.
Fellow travelers this is the place to stay REASONABLE OR UNREASONABLE . HAPPY TRAVELS TO ALL .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hostel is very cheap and not particularly nice. They have a lot of different buildings, and most of them are well located but the staff wasn't very welcoming to us and the beds were average. I would recommend staying there for one or two nights if you want to save money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank suzy_suzy_suzy
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

If you are on a budget this place is excellent. We paid 5 pounds per night for a four bed dorm, which is excellent. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. Stayen here also allowed us to have extra money to do this in the city like tours. I would defiantly stay here if I returned.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cally P
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've stayed at this hostel twice within a two month period and had two different experiences.
Honestly, the location is the only redeeming feature of this place.
First of all, the staff will ask for your passport as security when you check in, which they keep until you leave. Do not leave it with them! When I was there, the storage place was an open box on a shelf behind the counter with a stack of other passports. There are alternatives - you can either leave your driver's licence (I left an out-of-date one) or a small cash deposit.
The central office of the hostel is across the road from the old town central square. This is where breakfast is served - tea/coffee, bread rolls, cold cuts.
There are several dorm rooms directly above the office and in the neighbouring buildings. In summer, these fill up quickly, but the hostel also owns buildings further out, one of which is on Podcarina, about a 15 minute walk from the office. I stayed here for three nights in mid-August, 2007: the bathroom was relatively clean and the beds were clean and comfy. Breakfast was apparently available in the central building but not in the other locations.
I stayed at the same hostel in October 2007, but this time there were beds available in the central building. The beds here are incredibly uncomfortable, they squeak incessantly, the dorms were freezing cold, and the bathrooms were between tolerable and filthy. Short version: if you're here in summer and are used to Eastern European hostels, try it out. Otherwise, look for somewhere else.
They also a very informative tour up to the old winter olympics site which I'd recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jen_Ni823
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This hostel is among the cheapest in Sarajevo and it is well located in the Old Town tourist district. It has a kitchen, common room and free computers and a towell. The staff was helpful. I didn't like their keeping my passport but I got it back fine. I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Take a flashlight--it's dark.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This place is a nightmare! Everything is dirty, you can forget about cleaning... The bathroom (which is only one per floor) is so dirty that we decided not to shower at all! Bathtub was filled with filthy water so there is no use even if you wear footwear for showering... Rooms are terrible! We stayed there for 3 nights and every night we were moved into another room without any explanation! I really wouldn't stay here even if it was free!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maja M
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

First, the reception and the hostel are in seperet building. Wifi and aircon is in the reception not in your room. When we arrived a man came and took us to a homestay, more or less in someones basement, 10 min walk from the reception. If u booking this place forget the thing they specify in the presentation of their hostel like, wifi, aircon, central location, u can be placed where ever!

• Stayed: July 2012