Open today: 08:30 - 16:30
Review Highlights
"Hidden" cultural gem

I'm not generally an art person (my husband is the one who suggested the Bosniak Institute) but I... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Kate K
nice building with good concert

We were happy to visit the Bosnian Institute where a beautiful music concert was hosted, organised... read more

Reviewed 21 May 2018
Jeanny8
The Netherlands

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sarajevo
from US$37.40
More Info
from US$76.00
More Info
All reviews catholic cathedral art concert beauty culture
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The art collection from the 4th floor down wasn't really that interesting. But the minute I walked inside the former bathing house, I was complete stunned by the beauty of the restored building and the interior. For over an hour, I was the sole visitor in the complex. Incomprehensible, as this is probably the most stunning place in Sarajevo.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Entry fee 3KM. As an art tourist visiting Sarajevo, I was starting to feel very disappointed - until, that is, I walked in the doors of the Bosnjacki Institut - and wow, what a delight this place is. And just look at that entry fee ...

Firstly you visit the old Hamam ( an ancient Islamic bath house ) that dates way back to the Ottoman times of the 14th century - but which has now been converted into several small museum/galleries plus a huge auditorium that is used for concerts etc. Of special note here is the collection of paintings by Mersad Berber ...

Then if that is not enough for any art lover - back out into reception and take the lift to the 4th floor - and make your way down, floor by floor viewing a wonderful collection of artworks to suit every and any body.

No photography is allowed inside. Very friendly staff and a very modern and extremely well curated gallery. 5 star attraction definitely.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

some exhibition and few piece from past and from bosnian art and some detail about the culture as well

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

this place is absolutely delightful. I was the only person here - I'm guessing because it is not in the dead center of town and in the midst of all the crowds. it is not well advertised but I consider it one of the highlights of my trip. don't miss it if esp if you like art - far better than the ntl gallery

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Start of a tour. Historic and beautiful should pay more attention to this place. Many stores and cafes around, Many taxis around.

1  Thank Hashem A